“Great food, high quality service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tagine Morocco Restaurant
Ranked #795 of 2,061 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Cuisines: Moroccan
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Great food, high quality service”
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I had a very nice moroccan meal at my lunch time with friends.
It was really moroccan food.
I advise every one to visit this place.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Fantastic traditional Moroccan food tucked away in Old Abu Dhabi”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Could not believe this place was not listed on Tripadvisor. I'm glad to be the person to get it listed as this is the one of the best restaurants for Traditional Moroccan food in the capital. Forget about its setting - nestled away behind the Adnoc petrol station on Zayed First Street (Street 7) beside a small male hair salon. The restaurant is like that girl you fancy and your friends are nit sure what you see in her...and as you begin to explain its not the looks its the content that has great substance and the same goes for this restaurant. The exterior is attached to an old building which im sure will eventually come down in the next few years as Abu Dhabi replaces its old infrastructure with new shiny hotels, however I hope this place does not crumble with the rubble I is surrounded by.

I am not a Moroccan food expert but he two people I dined with were Moroccan and were hyper critical of all Moroccan dishes. This meal would be he litmus test. We ordered (takeaway) 4 rounds of Al Harcha (a stodgy Moroccan flat round loaf) for 6aed and some Msemen (a flat square pancake like bread that is panfried) for 5aed including the most mouth watering locally sourced honey.

Harris soup was the best i have tried in years, not salty, full of flavor and containing creamy large chickpeas to give the soup a nice bite (16aed). The main course we ordered one tagine beef and prune (39aed), tagine chicken and veg (37aed) and one tagine koufta (31aed). All tasted very wholesome and full of flavor, not greasy and the meat was so tender.

After the meal we were highly satisfied and we would definitely do repeat business. We would not recommend dining in as car parking is almost impossible, the restaurant is very small and the area isn't too fancy. However this Apis a great takeaway option and would highly reccommend it.

• Visited July 2013