“Brilliant staff, great service, lovely hotel”

Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi
Ranked #33 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
uk
“Brilliant staff, great service, lovely hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

A great hotel experience can start long before you arrive, and that was the case for me with my stay here. Several days before I arrived an email arrived from Christy informing me that as an Hhonors gold member I was being upgraded to a suite. Arrival late evening, and it was Christy on the front desk who greeted me. A warm and friendly welcome, I mentioned the email, and how it had been a nice touch, and Christy said it was her who had sent it. I was whisked into the lift and up to the Executive Lounge for check in. Laura was on duty, was also really friendly and helpful. Check in was made all the better for a drink and some snacks in the lounge. The room was massive, a wonderful suite. Clean, well equipped, and really comfortable. Everything about this stay was great, just what I needed. There are better located hotels in Abu Dhabi, but this stay was so good I would always stay here again. The spa is also very good.
Throughout my stay all staff were great. Christy and Laura were unfailingly polite and helpful, always with a great sense of humour. In fact, if the manager of the hotel reads this, they both deserve a pay rise and promotion, they were the best ambassadors the hotel could ever wish for. Thanks for making my stay perfect.

Room Tip: Be nice to the staff!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Yassin O, Director of Operations at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Nhaqueoi,

Greetings from Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi.

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at our hotel.

I am delighted that you found our service and facilities to your satisfaction, as this has been and always will remain our prevailing objective. It is always good to receive complimentary feedback and I shall be sure to share your opinions with the Team.

Please rest assured that I have relayed your kind comment to Christy and Laura with my personal gratitude.

Meanwhile, we look forward to the opportunity of being of service to you again, during your next trip to Abu Dhabi.

Yassin Ouenniche

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Normally I stay at the Abu Dhabi International on the Corniche when I come to Abu Dhabi, which is an excellent hotel, very friendly and attentive but a little tired now in some of the décor. The Capital Grand is a very different style of hotel but with similarly warm and friendly staff; the restaurants are excellent with a wide selection of high quality food and wine. The pool is excellent and because so few people seem to come to the hotel feels like your own large pool. Try this hotel. It is not in the centre of the town but close to the beautiful mosque and if you have transport easy for access to Dubai and Al Ain. A lovely place to stay a few days.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Yassin O, Director of Operations at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear AndyWarnes,

Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

Clean and nice atmosphere, with pretty good value . staff is good, but some need more experience, lots of amenities, with a very good quality of food. location is very good and lots of parking spaces.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Sidky777,

Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Sometimes picking a hotel that's not in the main tourist/business area results in a great stay, well that is the case here. Location is average but does have nice parklands nearby and a supermarket up the road, as well as views of the executive airport opposite.

No noise issues, superb executive lounge and beautiful room, really enjoyed my too short stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear markis100,

Greetings from Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi.

It is always good to receive complimentary feedback and I shall be sure to share your opinions with the Team especially commenting our Executive Lounge.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

So, checked into the Capital Grand Hilton as it was near to the conference and exhibition I had to attend. The room was perfect, service was outstanding, but for some reason it just lacked personality. There was a huge spa area, fantastic gym and great breakfast buffet but or some reason it just seemed to lack character and i think this has a lot to do with the fact there were just very few poeple there and being an Australian, you dont really feel like you fit in. The executive lounge was a bit of a disappointment. Normally these has a bar serving drinks and a wide range of food. Not the case here. in fact, the alcohol isnt even on display and its almost as if they resent serving it to you - which is probably the case. Talking with one of the other people staying there, this is not typical of all the hotels as some are definitely more hip and happening for expats.

Room Tip: Go high. If you have a diamond status, use it to upgrade to a suite.
1 Thank Trevor G
Dear Trevor G,

Greetings from Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi.

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to share you review in Trip Advisor, following your recent stay at our hotel.

We note your comments regarding areas for improvement especially overall Executive Lounge experience; which we are currently in the process of improving and we will bear these in mind as we strategize to improve our service in the future.

Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

checked into this hotel on the 2nd January 2014 for 4 nights I got upgraded to a suite. Mahmood from the nights was really welcoming and fantastic he deserves a promotion he made our stay the most enjoyable one and was very helpful.

this hotel is easy access to the city and is near to the beautiful shiekh zayed mosque which is a plus bonus point

all staff from the front desk were really good

Tom was great and very helpful in the executive lounge and also another staff member I forgot his name he was from morocco.

I will definitely return again in the near future to this hotel as its now one of my favorites. .

Room Tip: Deluxe suite
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Kaiser R,

Greetings from Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi.

Please rest assured that I have relayed your kind comment to Mahmoud, Tom and Amine with my personal gratitude.

Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Great hotel and great value, the staff were helpful and accommodating. The term " we are here to serve" is what they were doing. They were very friendly and helpful
This is my first time at this location, and i came for business, and defiantly I am very happy with my stay that I will come back the next time I am in Abu Dhabi.

Room Tip: Book a Breakfast package and Go for the executive Floor, it make a difference.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Yassin O, Director of Operations at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Kembell,