“Great place to stay”

Ranked #34 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Houston, Texas
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Excellent service, great rooms, great italian restaurant at a good price! The bar is beautiful and the overall attention to providing good service is second to none, plus you normally get exotic cars displayed at the lobby.

Room Tip: Rooms look to the pool or to a private airport, both are good.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Yassin O, Director of Operations at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear Gilberto94,

Greetings from Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi.

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at our hotel.

Yassin Ouenniche

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
ayr scotland
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stayed here for 12 nights and wished it could have been more.From the minute you walk into reception you are blown away by the grandeur of the lobby area. The staff are of the highest standard and always very attentive and polite.The swimming pool must be the best city pool area in the UAE with the temperature exact and with all day sunshine.The highlight must be Friday brunch which was exceptional with an amazing wagyu beef roast. A lot is said about the location but it is only about 25 minutes to marina mall and dh35 by taxi .Every taxi we got knew the location after you said its near sports city.We have stayed in abu dhabi about 15 times and would return to HCG in an instant.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Yassin O, Director of Operations at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear helenayrscotland,

Greetings from Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi.

I am delighted that you found our service and facilities to your satisfaction, as this has been and always will remain our prevailing objective. It is always good to receive complimentary feedback and I shall be sure to share your opinions with the Team.

Silkeborg, Denmark
Reviewed 5 February 2014

In our stay at this beautiful hotel we experiances exceptionally friendly staff and top quality service. The prepared, and specially prepared, food to fit our needs was created by Chef Santosh and the team. Especially a warm thanks to Chef Santosh, Mubarak (from Bangladesh) and Seniea (from Brazil) who was extra caring when one of us was ill. But the entire staff was exceptional. Also big thanks to room service and reception and everyone else who gave extra care in that situation in remarkable ways. We will definatly choose to come here again.
Thankyou M & T Nielsen

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Tony L,

Greetings from Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi.

Please rest assured that I have relayed your kind comment to Santosh, Mubarak and Sinea with my personal gratitude.

Ruggell, Liechtenstein
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Flight via Ethiad = perfect, Transfer from the Airport to the Hotel = perfect, welcoming in the Hotel = perfect, Service in the Hotel = perfect, Employees in the Hotel = perfect, realy a wonderful place to stay for Business, or also for spend your Holidays!
Rating: highly recommended

Room Tip: Excellent rooms everywhere
1 Thank goritschnig
Yassin O, Director of Operations at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear goritschnig,

Greetings from Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi.

I am delighted that you found our service and facilities exceeded your expectations, as this has been and always will remain our prevailing objective. It is always good to receive complimentary feedback and I shall be sure to share your opinions with the Team.

Melbourne
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Beautiful hotel but beware the buffet restaurant as I ended up with food poisoning (and didn't eat anything anywhere else so it was definitely the Hilton). Stay away from the salad bar in particular. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Anonymous720
Greetings from Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi. Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at our beautiful hotel.

I was very disappointed to read of your dissatisfaction with the food quality. To this end I have personally investigated the issue with my team, Regarding the concerns related to food hygiene, please rest assured that Hilton Capital Grand and all its employees are fully committed to the highest possible standards of food and water operational safety. To this end the hotel follows the international principles of HACCP Guidelines, related to local and national food hygiene regulations, receives regular inspections from local authority officials with food sampling for laboratory analysis.

According to our records, a total of 458 guests consumed the buffet at the Breakfast, lunch and dinner and we did not receive any other such feedback on the food quality.
I have checked our food safety management records including temperature control records for the storage, preparation, cooking and serving of food at and around the time of the meal and cannot find fault in this respect. As food is prepared, cooked and served in batches, a food safety issue would result in a number of reported illness’ being made.
Meanwhile, we look forward to the opportunity of being of service to you again, during your next trip to Abu Dhabi. Sincerely, Yassin Ouenniche
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I travel all around the world for my business. In the last two months, I have had the pleasure to stay at the recently acquired Hilton property in Abu Dhabi called The Hilton Capital Grand. Well before I arrived, I was already receiving messages including one from Christy saying I had been upgraded. The hotel staff, especially Aun, Amin and Christy in the executive lounge, worry about every detail. The property is immaculate and the 24 hour exercise room is amazing. Christy even called my next stop at the Hilton Dubai Creek to arrange for my early arrival. Later she called me personally to make sure all was well. As I said, I stay in over 200 hotel nights a year and rarely do I find such amazing service. I look forward to all future stays at this magnificent facility.

Room Tip: Try to get an uneven room number so you face the pool. There is less noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Yassin O, Director of Operations at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Reuven L,

Greetings from Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi.

Please rest assured that I have relayed your kind comment to Christy with my personal gratitude.

Tampa, FL, United States
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Accommodation is newly-acquired by Hilton but already my top choice of hotels in the city. From check-in to check-out, my experience was above reproach. A top destination for large groups, the halls nonetheless remained relatively quiet and the venues all were well kept and clean. Facilities, including gym and pool, were well-staffed and well-appointed. A great experience and would seek to stay there again.

Dear Skyler M,