“Front desk staff.”

Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi
Ranked #33 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 13 March 2014

First time staying in this hotel. I was very impressed with all the staff especially Sunshine at the front desk who was very nice and very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to everyone because of the location, cleanliness, and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Corner Suite that I stayed at was very quite and has a nice view of the football stadium and water...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Yassin O, Director of Operations at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Nick C,

Greetings from Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi.

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at our hotel.

I am delighted that you found our service and facilities to your satisfaction, as this has been and always will remain our prevailing objective. Please rest assured that I have relayed your kind comment to Sunshine with my personal gratitude.

Meanwhile, we look forward to the opportunity of being of service to you again, during your next trip to Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Great were the front desk and housekeeping staff, the executive level rooms, the executive lounge and staff there. Room amenities were abundant, the showers were nice (rain style spout), the bed was cozy and firm. The room was quiet and had nice tv selection. Gym is well equipped.
The location is 20 minutes from the airport; 20 minutes from the heart of downtown. Taxi to either was about 25 dirham. Only outside food within reasonable walking distance was a KFC. However, grocery store Carrefour is a three minute walk.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Yassin O, Director of Operations at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear vinceav8r,

Greetings from Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi.

I am delighted that you found our service and facilities to your satisfaction, as this has been and always will remain our prevailing objective. It is always good to receive complimentary feedback and I shall be sure to share your opinions with the Team.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Yes, yes, yes! I unbelievably booked my hotel room at the wee hours of the morning. Luckily, there was availability and the price was still the same as when I checked it the day before - awesome number 1! When I reached the hotel, I was assisted with my little luggage and upon checking-in, I was greeted by the manager in charge at the time, I believe, and forwarded to Christy. Christy is very accommodating, very informative and absolutely very hospitable. She even confirmed my late check-out - awesome number 2! I was very pleased with the hotel as the facilities were very relaxing. Makes me want to look for a steam/sauna near my home. So, so :| Dinner was nice. I went to the Orange "something" restaurant where they have international buffets. Given that I already came late (past 10pm), they still accommodated me even if it was closing time. I was able to eat properly and not rush because they were removing all the food. I hope there are a lot of international choices for viands as most of it was Indian food (or was it a theme night?). Was also looking for more choices for breakfast :D Overall, I am very pleased with my first Hilton experience. Needless to say, I will be recommending this to all my friends and colleagues and hopefully, be trying out their other locations!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear deszapanta,

Greetings from Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi.

Please rest assured that I have relayed your kind comment to Christy with my personal gratitude.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights in February, stayed in Suite 1041. First off, this hotel is difficult to find for the taxi drivers, you have to tell them it used to be the Rocco Forte, and that helps. I arrived late in the evening, and was warmly welcomed. Unfortunately all the restaurants were closed, so I ordered room service. Ordered the Chicken Biriyani, was truly great, very nice, and started off on a good impression, especially the junior suite was quite comfortable and very quiet, much appreciated. For breakfast I headed to the "Executive Lounge" on the 8th floor, did this four days in a row and every day the same experience, lukewarm greeting, almost no fresh fruit (just small glasses with three pieces of fruit inside on a skewer), no international Arabic newspaper, would have been nice to be able to have Al Hayat or Sharq al Awsat (as in other Hilton properties in the region). Pool seemed nice, did not use it however. All in all not a bad property, but fell a bit short of my expectations for price paid.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Yassin O, Director of Operations at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Lukealbert,

Greetings from Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi.

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to share you review in Trip Advisor, following your recent stay at our hotel.

We note your comments regarding areas for improvement especially enhancing our overall service and variety as well as quality of food choices in the restaurants; which we are currently in the process of improving and we will bear these in mind as we strategize to improve our service in the future.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I would reccommend this hotel to everyone as if you want luxury then this hotel has it. The staff are very friendly and helpful and if you have any issues then they are resolved without hesitation. we had a fabulous stay for the weekend with my family and will be returning in the future

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Yassin O, Director of Operations at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Dear Liz H,

Reviewed 5 March 2014

In particular I was disappointed with the service culture at this hotel. I thought the unanswered emails prior to arriving was just a blip. I brought my husband to this place for a particular special anniversary and our trip included 1st Class flights with BA. I actually believed the comments on trip advisor that this was a grand hotel, how wrong you can be. When deciding where to eat, we toured each if the Restaurants (although the Italian is strangely closed on a Saturday and Sunday) and they were all virtually empty, we now know why! We ate three meals within the hotel and each one was very poor and luke warm. I noticed the hot buffet food was not being temperature checked and most of the food available was luke warm or cold, sitting there for hours, perfect conditions for bacteria of the worst kind to multiply. We decided to cut our losses and left a few days early to try to recover at least some if our trip and we checked into the Jumeria Ethiad Towers in the Club Floor, what a difference at £450 a night. I think my biggest gripe with the Grand Hilton was the service culture. From welcome to departure, our experience was poor and it left me questioning the actual value of being a Diamond Member, something I will review over the next few months....

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brenda J

Dear Brenda J,

It was a pleasure having you with us at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi and thank you for bringing your concerns to our immediate attention.

Guest satisfaction is our top priority and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you might have experienced related to overall restaurant experience and overall service. This has been communicated directly to all concerned departments and corrective actions were taken to resolve the matter, where applicable.

Brenda J, thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we hope we can soon welcome you back at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

It's my second time to AD, but my wife's first time. I chose Hilton Capital Grand because it's very convenient, just 500m to Carrefour, 5 minutes taxi to the Grand Mosque.

The hotel itself is great, very friendly and helpful staffs, and very nice room. After the stay, we thought we should have planned more time in AD and Hilton Capital Grand:)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Xia Y

Dear Xia Y,

Greetings from Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi.

I am delighted that you found our service and facilities to your satisfaction, as this has been and always will remain our prevailing objective. Thank you for the great pictures you have uploaded.