“Gordon T”

Ranked #32 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Gordon T”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed at the Hilton for 4 nights in May and was impressed by the very professional efficient staff. Rooms were maintained and spotless in every way. I would like to thank Lia at the Rouge restaurant for her attentive service and charming conversation.

1 Thank Goront
Yassin O, Director of Operations at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Goront,

Thank you for your posting. I am happy to know that you had a wonderful stay with us. Please rest assured that I have relayed your kind comment to Lia with my personal gratitude.

We are looking for ward in welcoming you back soon.

Yassin Ouenniche

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 25 May 2014

From the time I arrived, until I left 5 days later, the staff knew me and I them! They were very attentive and when I realized I did not have a power plug adapter they went in the back room and dug thru their goodie box of misc. gadgets until they had me up and running in minutes, I was impressed and just asked that I return it when I was finished on check-out. Needless to say, I made sure my friends got it back and everyone was all smiles. They were watching over me and giving good advice the entire visit and I appreciated it.

Easy to return to this hotel the next time I am in Abu Dhadi.

Glenn Gray
Formation Evaluation team Lead
Genel Energy PLC

Room Tip: Go high and pool side, for good view and shade
3 Thank Glenn G
Dear Glenn G,

Thank you for your lovely post. It is heart-warming to hear that your first-time visit in Abu Dhabi turned out to be a lavishing stay as our team members superstars were always there to amaze our guests.

See you on your next visit to Abu Dhabi!

Herne, Germany
Reviewed 24 May 2014

First of all I would like to thank the staff for making my wife's birthday a day to remember.
We went to our room from the pool and "HAPPY BIRTHDAY' was written with petals on the bed!!
Also housekeeping brought a lovely chocolate cake with her name on.
There was no prompting from our side which shows a certain "attention to detail" THANK YOU.

We spent 7 nights in this hotel on vacation in May. The hotel is situated a little out of the city centre but near the Grand Mosque and Ferrari World. However Taxis in Abu Dhabi are pretty cheap and due to the temperature even if the hotel is "downtown" a taxi is used to get around.
We spent quite some time at the pool where the service was excellent. Iced towels and ice cream being given out at regular intervals due to the temperature.
We ate at the Chinese restaurant which was quite good and a couple of times at the pool restaurant which had a pleasant lunch snack menu. We found the hotel restaurants to be quite expensive and we enjoy Arabic food so we ate out often. There is not much in the way of free restaurants in the near however, except KFC.
The breakfast buffet (free) is of top quality and selection - perfect.
Rooms are modern and large enough. The A/C was however very very cold in the room. It is adjustable up to 21 deg but I had the feeling that 21 was really 18 Deg. A couple of things did not work in the room. One reading lamp and the 5V USB outlet.
The staff are all very friendly and efficient. The Concierge gave us a good tip about a trip we wanted to take which I would like to expand on. It is much cheaper to take taxis to visit particular sights that to take tours.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank klopstock
Yassin O, Director of Operations at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear klopstock,

Thank you for that amazing posts. It is our privilege to have been able to make your stay extra special by celebrating your wife's birthday. We are grateful to guests like you that share their appreciation with us that we continually strive to exceed your expectation.

It our pride to know that you have recognized our hotel facilities and amenities mentioning our swimming pool and sumptuous breakfast, and the helpfulness of our team members.

We look forward on welcoming you once more to your lovely escape in Abu Dhabi!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Spent 8 nights in May at this hotel in Abu Dhabi, and I really have no complaints. The service was very friendly and attentive, from the front desk to the restaurants and room service. The rooms were large and clean. The food in the restaurants was very good (although perhaps a little pricy). You could always walk a block up the street to the mall to buy cheaper food, if you wanted. The outdoor patio by the pool is a very pleasant place to have a drink in the evening. You should also check out the museum on the main floor called Miraj -- it is free to enter and is surprisingly large. You will find an extensive collection of carpets, crafts, art, clothing, etc. which are mostly available for purchase. The hotel is close to the grand mosque, executive airport and the sports facility, but is a ways from downtown (but taxis are cheap). The business facilities were also well organized and efficient. Grand place!

Room Tip: Some rooms on the front of the hotel provide a view of the Grand Mosque
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Yassin O, Director of Operations at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear 448andyk,

Thank you for you posting on Trip Advisor. It is our pride to learn that we exceeded your expectations on our overall service and breakfast food quality. Thank you for highlighting as well our outdoor pool and the museum, Miraj.

Looking forward on your next visit with us!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2014

check in was excellent/ nice room - staff excellent
This was my first stay at the Hilton Capital Grand and it was excellent. The Executive-Room at the 6th floor was very nice. The staff was very friendly and polite. Special thanks an Ali from Night Manager ( on May 14th Night). I'll stay there again

I just past details ( about this hotel)to My friends who travel through Abu dhabi

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Suda B,

Thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor. It is my pleasure to see that our superstars from Front Office took very good care of you during your check in mentioning Ali and Night Manager, Mahmoud.

It is lavishing as well to know that you will recommend and definitely come to stay with us once again in the near future!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed over for a weekend at the start of May, our room was not ready when we had arrived at 7PM. Once our rooms were ready, they were very nice and a clean. The bathroom was also very nice, no complaints with the room at all. However we had access to the executive lounge, we were not approached to ask if we needed anything when visiting. Breakfast had a wide selection, both days me and my family had problems with the chefs making omelettes. The first day they forgot our order and served others, the second day they did the same and mixed the toppings. Finally I was unable to check out in the executive lounge as the member of staff did not know how to. I am a Hhnonours member but would probably stay elsewhere in Abu Dhabi as the selection of great hotels are not limited.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Yassin O, Director of Operations at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear TeamLDN,

I would like to thank you for the time and effort you have taken to share with us your experience at the Hilton Capital Grand. These comments enable us to maintain the high standards of service expected from us.

We are very sorry to learn about your inconveniences with some of our services and facilities in the hotel that did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apology and rest assured that corrective action will be taken to avoid similar situations in the future and to provide you with the best of our services on your next visit.

I personally thank you for pointing these issues and it only makes us more focused on any short falls. We highly appreciate if you would give us a second chance to rectify your impression about our services.

Looking forward to welcoming you again!

Jaipur, India
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Very nice to look at it from outside but you live in it, its curves confuses you to move in the room corridors. Swimming Pool is sooo far that you drop you idea of swimming in the half-way. Wash room doesn't have lock? Didn't get this idea at all.

Room Tip: Higher floor gives you a better view of Al Bateen Executive Airport.
2 Thank AnonymityD
Dear AnonymityD,

We would like to thank you for sharing your views on Trip Advisor.

We would like to share with you that we are taking every guest feedback seriously, and we are also striving to consistently deliver 100% satisfaction to all our guests, as appropriate throughout their stay at our hotel.

We look forward to you giving us another chance and assure you that we will be exceeding your expectations.