“Business Hotel Review - Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi”

Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi
Ranked #32 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Houston, Texas
“Business Hotel Review - Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I have stayed twice at this hotel. The staff at this hotel definitely goes above & beyond to make my stay a pleasant one. The Executive Lounge is very nice and has a good selection of food & drinks during Happy Hour. The rooms are nicely renovated and the location is extremely convenient for the Abu Dhabi Industrial City. The only downside is that the hotel restaurants need improvement. The menus are small and the quality of the buffet is average. Also, the King Size beds are not truly "King Size". They are two twin mattresses pushed together which are quite uncomfortable for sleeping. I have mentioned to the hotel all mattresses should be replaced. Hopefully they will make this change in the near future. The staff are second to none therefore if they fix the mattress issue, I would give the hotel 5 stars.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Joshaw50
Yassin O, Director of Operations at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Joshaw50,

Thank you for your rewarding comments and I am glad that our team members exceeds your expectations during your stays with us, highlighting the Execuitve Lounge Team!

We note your comments regarding areas for improvement, like our beds in our guestrooms, which we are currently in the process of improving and we will bear these in mind as we strategize to improve our service and the comfort of our guests in the future.

We are looking forward on you next trip to Capital Grand!

Yassin Ouenniche

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 5 June 2014

On a recent business trip, I had the opportunity to stay at the Hilton Capital Grand Hotel in Abu Dhabi. The first thing you notice is the interesting architecture of the building as it's a wavy shaped building. Check in experience we very positive and was met with knowledgeable and friendly faces. The rooms were very comfortable, as were the furnishings and bed.

I didn't get a chance to sample the spa or pool facilities but on the pool deck there are decent views of Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque. It's a shame the KFC is across the street and ruins the photo op. :)

Definitely would return and stay here on a return visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevin P
Dear Kevin P,

Thank you for your fantastic posting. We appreciate you have recognized the uniqueness of the hotel architecture. We are eagerly looking forward on our next trip to Abu Dhabi!

Cranleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This new Hilton is a great one. A very stylish hotel at a very good price. Staff were helpful and friendly even going to a great deal of trouble to help return a lost laptop charger. Was kindly upgraded to a suite too.

The only downside is the location - was convenient for my business visits before I moved down to the Corniche to the Abu Dhabi Hilton. There didn't seem many places to eat close to the hotel as I like to get away from the hotel to eat so I stayed in for teh two nights. Food was of a good standard too.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Matt P
Dear Matt P,

Thank you for your wonderful posting. It is our pleasure to know that you had a excellent stay with us as well happy that we have retrieved your laptop charger.

We are looking forward once again for your next visit with us!

Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I wanted a more luxurious experience of Abu Dhabi during our last visit to the UAE and thereby moved from our hotel apartment to the Grand Capital Hilton. It was first of all removed from the bustling found in the city centre and in a very quiet part of town. We had to spend some 60dirhams per trip in taxis to many places of interest. There was however a nearby shopping mall that practically met all our shopping needs from groceries to clothing - very convenient. They have swimming pools with very good views of the surrounding environment. The bathroom was equally nice with a coffee maker and basic amenities. They could do better with personalised services and newer carpets. The food was good though. I guess we had been too spoilt in our earlier other hotel apartment experience. They have prospects though.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wallzbaba
Dear wallzbaba,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted you and your wife enjoyed our hotel room and services and facilities. I am delighted you find all our hotel standards high and we would like to thank you for sharing your constructive feedback with us and for specifically mentioning areas which did not meet your expectations.

Lookign forward in welcoming you back to Hilton Capital Grand!

Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My family checked-in this hotel last Friday, 30 May 2014 until 31st. I was in awe of the simplicity yet the luxurious feel of this hotel. I find it so "homey". The relaxing atmosphere made me comfortable in an instant. The rooms are well-lighted, clean and fresh smelling. The room's interior, bed, bathroom and space suited my taste. Room service is courteous and quick.

I would like to commend people whose name I won't forget because they had delivered service beyond my expectations: Ms. Cristy of Front Office - being so accommodating and responsive to her clients needs and inquiries. Mr. Henry of Recreation Facilities - attending promptly to our request. Pool and other facilities/amenities are so great that my kids wanted to reside in this hotel. Ms. Jennylyn of Food & Beverage (Breakfast Buffet Bar) - she is so pleasant and easy to talk with. She made sure that we have the best seats in the house. Food and drinks arrived on our table promptly. She also volunteered to take pictures of our family before we ask.

Memories are far better and greater when others help made them happen. They are those people worth keeping and developing in your business.

The service we experienced are beyond our expectations! It knows no skin color.

Thank you so much and looking forward to our next stay with you whenever we'll be in Abu Dhabi.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor have pocket gardens :) love it!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank JunellieDenina
Yassin O, Director of Operations at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear JunellieDanina,

Thank you for you wonderful post. It is my pride to know that you and your family had a blast during your recent stay in Capital Grand. It was lavishing to to hear great comments on how our superstars Jennylyn, Henry and Christy exceeded your expectations.

We are always here to welcome you back to your home away from home!

al ain
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed there many times and it's the best hotel in abu dhabi I would like to thank Mr. Mahmoud the night manager for every thing his profficinal way and always his good smile and every thing I needed he provided to me during my stay Mr.salem also in front desk always providing the needs and when ever I ask for something he ll provide it in a fast way.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Yassin O, Director of Operations at Hilton Capital Grand Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear yousef Q,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and have recognized our superstars Mahmoud and Salem in Front Office.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again very soon!

The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have been staying with the Hilton Capital Grand regularly since it joined the Hilton brand in September 2013. From the moment I was first greeted by Jenny and Christy, I have felt a valued and welcome guest. It is a reflection on the great hospitally that I have been regularly returning and this is now my hotel of choice in Abu Dhabi.

It is hard to write an objective review, as having been in residence for many months, I have had some great special occasions as well as a few disappointments. I know that I am treated as a special guest, but what is most rewarding is to see that the consistency of service is ever improving and that every guest can expect to experience the best that this hotel has to offer.

The location is very convenient for me, as during my business trips, I am working near the International Airport. This hotel is as convenient as any on Yas, but is closer to town and other attractions like the Grand Mosque and the Exhibition Centre. One missing amenity is a lobby shop, but the petrol station oposite and Carrefour within walking distance are alternatives.

From the early beginings with limited branding and a skeleton staff, it has been exciting to be part of the journey with the young and enthusiatic team. I know the hotel has had many challenges in technical aspects and to find time to implement the processes to deliver consistency. This work is now showing through, delivering . Minor problems such as poor water pressure in the shower are now history and many improvements have been made to such aspects as the energy efficiency and effectiveness of outdoor lighting. I know that the maintenance team under Engineer Shine are working hard to keep rooms and public spaces in excellent order. It is only natural that fixtures do not work, or break occassionaly, I have no complaints about the way that these were rectified and had some nice surprises along the way. With the great new menus that Chef Pascal and his team have put together, the variety, style and value of food is much improved over the past few months. During the cooler months, the Friday brunch outside by the Noche poolside bar is an event that should not be missed. I love the opportunity for the talented chefs to demonstrate their skills in a relaxed and vibrant setting.Lia and Anna always give great service in Riouge, Jennelyn takes care of me in breakfast and I am looking forward to the authentic Italian dining experience from Carlo in Oro when it reopens after Ramadan.

The Executive louge is in a great location overlooking the pool side and offers a nice place to relax, with friendly and professional service. A special mention to Ana whose smile always brightens my day, as well as Laura and Christy who arrange everything so perfectly. The improved food selection is a welcome change.

I know that the Guest Relations team always like to mark special occasions with memorable surprises. I was priviledged to spend my birthday in the hotel and was overjoyed and overwealmed by the surprise reception given for me, which included a video recording of birthday greetings from all the different departments, as well as a delicious cake, roses and of course the personal greetings from selected staff led by the General Manager himself. I was even more touched by all those who told me afterwards of their disappointment at not being there. The day was made even more special by an upgrade to the Presidential Suite which was a great experience. I highly recommend this suite for anyone who wishes to celebrate their stay in style.

I am excited by the enthusiasm that the staff in Hilton Capital Grand have to become one of the best places to stay in Abu Dhabi, I am sure they will achieve great things and I commend them. The young team that Anna put together.has put life into a beautiful and stylish building, delivering a very friendly and caring service.

Room Tip: For something a little different, why not try a room with balcony and the view across downtown Abu D...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business