“Sleepless nights at Mafraq Hotel”

Mafraq Hotel Abu Dhabi
Ranked #72 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
“Sleepless nights at Mafraq Hotel”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Mafraq Hotel has nice rooms with bathrooms. However there is very poor soundproofing and with many of the rooms having doors connecting them to the next room, bedrooms are very noisy. On 2 nights until 3 am the opening and closing of bedroom doors did not allow me to sleep.
The balcony was filthy and full of dirt from pigeons.

Room Tip: Make sure that you do not get a room at the end of the long corridor on the second floor. These room...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Mark V
Mafraq-Hotel, General Manager at Mafraq Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Mark V,

Thank you for the time sharing your experiences on Trip Advisor during your last stay at Mafraq Hotel. Your feedback is considered as an opportunity for us to enhance our services thereby creating wonderful memories to all our guests.

We take note your comments about the noise disturbance coming from the doors causing you restless sleep.
Please accept our sincere apology. I personally coordinated this incident to my colleagues and the countermeasure is underway.

I do hope that this incident will not discourage you from visiting Mafraq Hotel in the future allowing us the opportunity to restore your confidence.

I wish you a safe trip on your next destination.

Mario

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Arabic first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel and found it a value for money hotel. Overall the staff are nice and I even had a chance to talk to the General Manager and he was very open to learn the small annoyances that guests may have. The location of the hotel is great and the room rates are quite affordable.

The only annoying this was that my room was the last in the long corridor and you have to walk around 200 meters to reach the room.

I suggest it is a good place if you are going alone or with family or even on a business trip.

Room Tip: Rooms near the lift are easily accessible, in case if you carry lots of stuff.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ajarn_Mark
Dear Ajarn_Mark,

Greetings.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experiences on Trip Advisor during your last stay at Mafraq Hotel. It was my pleasure talking to you and learning your insights on areas that needs improvement in our property.

I wish you good luck and looking forward welcoming you back on your next trip to Abu Dhabi.

rode heath
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed here one night as a guest of Emirates airline as they did not have an onward flight to Melbourne!It was a fair way away from the airport ,some 20-25 minutes and stuck in the middle of nowhere.Don,t let thatput you off if you have transport or there are plenty of Taxis about.The bar in the hotel is very friendly and the food was very good .The apartments were very clean and tidy and very comfortable . the hotel has some very nice architectural parts and down by the pool was very nice to eat by.Downside ..they wanted £25 each to use the pool!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank welshrode
Mafraq-Hotel, General Manager at Mafraq Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time sharing your experiences at Mafraq Hotel on Trip Advisor.

Your feedback and comments are significant in our efforts to continuously exceed guest’s expectation.

It has been our pleasure knowing that you are happy and satisfied with our products and facilities.

However, I would like to personally apologize with regards to the misunderstanding about the swimming pool access; I would like to clarify that our Recreation facilities including the swimming pool are free to in-house guests.

Guests desiring to use our pool facilities are required to register at the Recreation Front Desk for records and amenities inventory.

I do hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting Mafraq Hotel in the future allowing us the opportunity to restore your confidence.

Once again, thank you and we wish to welcoming you back on your next trip to Abu Dhabi.

Australia
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Great facilities, good rooms, a convenient and quite good restaurant and very reasonably priced, it all sounds unbeatable, but it does have some problems, the problems are not so great that I will look for somewhere else but they are annoying.
All of the downsides relate to services, everything else is fine, but while some of the staff are professional and helpful there are some services that either don't happen or don't work very well. Room cleaning is a real lottery, sometimes it is less than 30% effective, then the next day it is excellent. Ask for something to be brought up to your room and it will be promised immediately but may never arrive.....ever. Need a coffee in the lobby or out in the magnificent garden and pool area, forget it, go to the restaurant yourself.
The hotel just seems to need a services manager that can at least get some consistency of service delivery going and also a commitment to service delivery and client satisfaction, it wouldn't take much to make this a great hotel, all the hard work has been done but the little inconsistencies let it down.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view room.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank wanderer010
Mafraq-Hotel, General Manager at Mafraq Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Mafraq Hotel.

It is with great pleasure knowing you are satisfied with our facilities. Furthermore, I would like to commend your insights on the areas on our services which can be improved. These constructive comments shall be coordinated to our colleagues for further evaluation and action.

Once again thank you and we wish to welcome you back on your next trip to Abu Dhabi.

Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This hotel definitely makes it to the bottom of my list for the worst service I've ever experienced. Actually sorry.. there was no service ever provided. Called for housekeeping? Didn't turn up. Called for dinner? Arrived only after a couple of calls (and an hour later, after my friend's kids were asleep). Need a dental kit? You may as well accost the housekeeping and grab a couple. Want some cold milk with your cornflakes? Please ask the servers only if you're ready to royally ignored.
We also forgot a tshirt behind and had to keep calling the hotel to ask them if they could deliver it or should we send our courier guy. I kept getting transferred from one person to another, who kept promising to call, but like the housekeeping, never showed up!!
Till my husband decided there was nothing to be done except deal with it loudly. It took some firm talking, simply so they would tell us how we could collect our stuff from the hotel. Disgusting really!

The breakfast was just okay.. no great shakes.

The only plus was the clean pool area and the activities available.

Why on earth would a reputed site like tripadvisor give Mafraq a 4 point rating is beyond me. And why on earth would anyone describe it as a four star, when it's just a two star at best.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Deepa_Sajnani
Mafraq-Hotel, General Manager at Mafraq Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Mafraq Hotel. We take your comments as one of our valuable tool to improve our product and services.

I was most concerned that you left the hotel feeling frustrated in reference to your experiences particularly in the way our team members respond and handle your requests. This incident had been discussed with the concern team members and corrective measures have been implemented accordingly. We also noted about your t-shirt that was left behind; this has been communicated to you and action has been taken immediately. Please take note that there are policies and procedures with regards to the couriering of items such as yours.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I look forward to welcoming you back allowing us the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 February 2014

An off the beaten path location and a bit dated, but a very nice pool area. Do NOT get the paid ahead breakfast as it is over priced, but I will definitely stay again. VERY good price! I live in the WESTERN REGION (desert), and come to Abu Dhabi every week or so to shop and this hotel works fine for me.

Room Tip: Halls can be noisy.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Mafraq-Hotel, General Manager at Mafraq Hotel Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much on sharing your feedback related to your recent stay at Mafraq Hotel.

We are delighted that you commended our pool facilities. We truly hope that you enjoyed your stay.

We take note your opinion about the breakfast value, the matters has been relayed to the concern department for necessary reviews and changes.

Once again, thank you for your constructive comments. We wish to welcoming you back in the future.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This hotel is on the outskirts of the city. The neighbourhood surrounding it is suburban and developing but it is an easy drive to Abu Dhabi.

First they put us in a smoking room. When we objected, the bell hop took us to a different room immediately. Very professional.

The customer service at the front desk was outstanding, but the person answering the phone for room service (food) was rude. My wife was feeling I'll and wanted a mint tea. I understand that they were very busy, but we waited over an hour- and this is after I offered to walk down and get the tea myself. After an hour had passed we decided to go to bed, so I called them and told them not to bother. I was offered a snarky and condescending apology. I'd stay there again though, because the rest of the staff were great and my experience was probably a one off.

I would have gone out to buy the tea myself but there's nothing really within walking distance of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for something overlooking the pool, otherwise there is nothing to see.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Estebe H,

Thank you for taking time sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Mafraq Hotel.

I have noted your comments about our Room Service staff and the matters has been relayed to the concern department for further actions. Moreover, I will certainly recognized the professionalism and flexibility of our Concierge team in responding to your needs.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.