“Yummy”
Review of Shawarma Time

Shawarma Time
Ranked #156 of 2,108 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Shawarma Time is a new concept of shawarma restaurant franchise that offers wholesome and unconventional shawarma meats in a variety of gourmet meals, without the guilt.
Reviewed 21 May 2014

it is Tasty - good Quality Shawerma with a trusted resources, it has a Unique style
i like the bread and the meat the most also the creativity of the walk Shawerma and the potato head lovin' it :)

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
SHAWARMA T, Owner at Shawarma Time, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Arms, thanks for sharing your kind feedback with us. Pleasing guests is the most rewarding part in this business and I hope to see you and your friends and family again at Shawarma Time soon. Dress up your favourite team t-shirt and join us in the World Cup!

There are newer reviews for Shawarma Time

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Shawarma Time is a great family restaurant in Abu Dhabi. The service is friendly and welcoming, and young ones will love the kids-corner. I would strongly recommend this restaurant. The food is very tasty and healthy, so no guilt after eating a delicious shawarma!!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Dear Jozelle, we are glad you enjoyed your visit at Shawarma Time lately and appreciate so much your kind feedback and recommendation on us. Hope to see you again, again and again soon!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I like the exotic meat shawarmas they have. Its interesting to try out Deer, Camel, Shark, etc as shawarmas.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
shawarmatime, Owner at Shawarma Time, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Avinash, thank you so much for taking the time to write your feedback to us. We are glad you liked the exotic shawarma and would love to know your suggestion for June's specials. Feel free to write it to lilian.joumah@shawarma-time.com

Hope to see you there soon!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I fell for the fable that was spun on one the national dailies and decided to try out Shawarma Time. The Shawarma Fateh looked appealing and the waitress suggested that I try Gazelle meat. What was served was a dishfull of chickpeas and a very thin layer of burnt meat crumbs,which I figured later how chewy it was. I gave it whole hearted attempt but was helped in making a decision to abandon when the waitress asked for my opinion on the food served. An attempt to mollify me with some more burnt crumbs was made when I said it was inedible. The meat was so terrible, I couldn't bring myself to take another bite.

The restaurant manager was keen on giving me a lesson on meat but the feedback was lost on him. I paid AED 35 for a dishfull of Chickpeas and learnt a valuable lesson. Never fall for the fable of "We cooked better Shawarmas at home and we wanted to share the experience with people of the country". Shawarma Time in essence is like a Fable. A lot of yarn.

1  Thank VSamuel

Dear Samuel, I appreciate you took the time to write to us your opinion and understand your disappointment regarding your last experience at the restaurant. Just to give you a heads up, gazelle meat is usually less tender than veal or lamb and just to make it suitable for shawarma meals, we marinate the fresh gazelle for about one week. That's why you felt it chewy. However, if you prefer more tender meat, you should go for our fresh beef fillet shawarma next time - which is even cheaper.
Based on your feedback, we have instructed the staff to sample some gazelle meat to any 'first time' eater so as to avoid negative experiences like yours.
I hope the experience would have been different should you have chosen one of our traditional sandwiches/plates that would be more in line with what you expected from us.
Feel free to write to me on lilian.joumah@shawarma-time.com and I will be happy to treat you to a courtesy meal at my own choice, I bet you will change your mind about 'fables' ;)

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Excellent shawarma's with variety of options to choose! Menu is very vast with options for children as well.

Dear Asim, thank you so much for writing your feedback to us. I'm glad you like the variety of the menu and the kids option too. I suggest you order a pot for painting for your little one in your next visit at Shawarma Time.