Emirates Palace
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers(Abu Dhabi)
US$174
US$62
US$188
US$173
3,835 results
All reviewswest wingcoral roomdiamond roomle vendomegold leafpearl roomkhaleej suitethe burj al arabbutler servicehigh teapure luxuryhalf boardluxurious hotelpublic areasprivate beachcold towelskids club
Reviewed 5 April 2011

We moved to Abu Dhabi after we visited Dubai. We called the hotel in Abu Dhabi and asked them for a pick up. This was no problem and the driver arrived exact at the time we mentioned to the lady from the Palace Hotel. We walked with him to the car and I couldnt believe they sent us a Rolls. To be honest I was the best taxi I ever had, but a Toyota was good as well for us. I felt a bit embarrassed since it was to much.

The service in the hotel and the rooms (the whole hotel) is excellent. They picked the right name by calling it the Palace Hotel. I am sure Buckingham Palace in London doesnt look better in the inside. The hotel garden is real big with nice fountains etc.

The only small disadvantage is that the hotel is not really downtown. Once again you have to order one of the most luxurious cabs in the world.

However I would go back here when I am in Abu Dhabi again!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2011

We wanted to celebrate our 36th wedding anniversary and as a surprise for my wife l choose the opulent Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi. It took 20,000 workers 3years to build at a cost of $3 billion dollars! It is 1 kilometre from wing to wing and covers 100 hectors. It has 1.3 km of private beach and 394 rooms and suits. 128 kitchens and pantries serve 16 restaurants and bars. We had a pearl room on the west wing overlooking the gardens and pool area with sea views and white sandy beach. The room was spacious comfortable and some of the amenities included 24hr butler service, daily newspaper and replenishment of fruit and water. They have a vast choice of pillows for your comfort. It was indeed a great experience although some of the 1002 chandeliers the largest weighing 2.5 tons are over the top as are the two wall hung display carpets weighing 1 ton each. Prices in the restaurants and bars are in keeping with the hotels decor and opulence with breakfast for two costing us £80!!! All in all the staff were very pleasant and helpful, and on the day of our anniversary 6 butlers came into our room with a bottle of champagne singing “congratulations” – my wife was well embarrassed. If you are prepared to push the boat out for a special occasion this is the place to stay. If you are visiting Abu Dhabi and wanted to visit the Emirates Place to admire its splendour and decor have a coffee in the “Le Cafe” located on level 4. Here you can sample a cappuccino sprinkled with edible gold !!!!!

Reviewed 28 March 2011

The service is abysmal. We came for afternoon tea. Security at the front gate was rude. Complaints at the front desk were ignored. Afternoon tea was lovely but the service was non existent. Refills of hot water in the teapot appeared to be frowned on and the table lay uncleared for an hour during which we were offered nothing. Try to take a walk outside or around the hotel and security will stop you. It's an amazing looking hotel so have a look around until you are stopped and my advice would then be to leave - and go somewhere friendlier like the beach club at the Hilton next door.

• Stayed: March 2011
3  Thank timhackford
Reviewed 24 March 2011

Just had 12 days at the Emirates Palace (second visit). What can I say? The hotel itself is unbelievably opulent. Gold everywhere. Excellent service from the staff - from the check-in onwards. The enormous size of the place makes it somehow soul-less, though. The hotel was offering complimentary half-board at the time of our visit (which meant that this time we could actually afford to eat there!) However, the food was distinctly average and certainly nothing like the pictures in the advertising. More than a few times people were escorted - crocodile-style - down to another (reduced options) restaurant because breakfast was too crowded in Le Vendome. At dinner, the lady carving joints took portion-control to an art form and woe betide the "Oliver" who asked for more! The seafood on offer (previously frozen, I would think), was served on a bed of ice which meant that everything was tasteless. I would opine that the menu was more geared to the European clientele rather than the English as the cheese, in particular, was of the soapy smoked variety and I ached for some Cheddar or Stilton. It also transpired (though we were only told by another guest) that there was a very limited choice available to half-board guests in some of the other restaurants. Room service food was excellent.

The gym and its facilities is excellent. Seating round the East Wing pool complex was "over-subscribed", though I think everyone was catered for eventually.

In short, would I recommend this hotel? Well, I've been back myself so, of course, I would. But, frankly, you do need to have shed-loads of money if you want to escape the dreary food offered for half-board and drink alchohol (which we don't).

Finally, due to problems with cancelled flights we were obliged to hang around the hotel longer than we planned on the last day and the hotel was most kind in facilitating this at no charge. We were very grateful for this. (And if anyone found a silver Casio Exilim camera, which I managed to lose, that would be fantastic ...)

Reviewed 16 March 2011

Despite arriving at 9.00 am, check in is 2.00 we were found a room within 10 minutes and a friendly check in in the room.
View was not up to much across the car park but after a night flight we were just pleased to be able to shower and unpack. Room and bathroom starting to look very tired definitely time for a refurb.
We thought the butler system was fantastic, our butler Micheal, was very informative and always available.
Food was very variable in the self service restaurant, which is were you eat if you are half board. Often stone cold particularly the roast, the first 2 days were the worst but hey I lost 4lb, then. had a couple of excellent days. Staff were incredibly nice.
As everyone else has said beach is superb but why o why do they cram all the beds either end of the beach were you virtually sit on your neighbours lap when the bulk of the beach remains unused?
Yes it is soulless and dare I say it, bland. It all looks the same and when you get lost and you will, it is impossible to know to turn left or right but there are dozens of security guards to help you find your way.
We thought the price looked very good half board for what is a 5*+ but this is no longer a 5*+ barely scrapes 5*
We will revert to the Residance and Spa One and Only Royal Mirage, whilst it costs a couple of thousand more it is worth every penny of it.
We did not think this was value for money for instance if you are not half board and pay for your evening meal it will cost you £100 for two in the self service restaurant for the meal with a glass of wine each in what is a glorified canteen. In the Lebanese it will £150 although the quality here is good.
Make sure you take in a much booze as you are allowed a bottle of wine starts at circa £40.
Would we go back, no, its cheap but we would rather pay more to get what we want.