“This is why we loved Emirates Palace”
Review of Emirates Palace

Emirates Palace
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 7 December 2011

My fiancé and I stayed at Emirates Palace from 27.november to 2.december. We stayed at the coral room.

To start with, this is the finest place I have ever been. The service is 7 star! When we arrived and booked in at the reception my fiancé got a flower, we were served dates and arabic coffee while we waited. Actually we didn't wait, but we got all this VIP service allready before we had seen our room.

We had a clean, nice and fantastic room. It is about 0,5 km to walk from the reception to the east wing, and the same to the west wing. So just from side to side of the hotel it is 1 km to walk. Don't worry, you don't have to walk, the have club cars and bicycles, so the distance I describe is more to show how big this palace is.

From our room we had a beach view, the beach is property of the hotel, so it is private for the hotel guest, soo luxurious. The hotel also have 2 big pool areas. Did I mention that they have 2 beduins with two camels on the beach? Well, they do, and you can ride the camels, get served dates and tea/coffee from the beduins. It is such a classy way of also giving th hotelguest the feeling of the great old culture for the country.

Every day our room was cleaned twice. The second time was in the evening, and those times they always left a little gift on the bedside table. As I said, 7 star service, that is when someone serve you something that you would have thougth would top something seconds before you ever get to think it. They also had a pillow menu, where you could choose different pillows for your choice. We had both a pillow with extra vitamin E, and a heated Cherry stone pillow. The cherry stone pillow did our butler heat every night for us.

Our butler, Dipak Kumar Das, was such an fantastic man. Always with an smile. He is so serviceminded and helpful, and also know so much about the hotel and everything you need to know when you stay there. So if he knocks on your door while you stay there, you should be happy. Actually, you should ask for him. Such a good man.

Well, to finish my review I also should mention the helpful concierge, the 11 restaurants, the inroom diningservice, trainingopportunities, tennis, soccer, a lot of watersport, spa and shops.

You don't really have to leave the hotelarea, this is just as much a resort, hotel, palace or a business/arrangement place.

Good trip!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ThomasAndreW
There are newer reviews for Emirates Palace

Reviewed 7 December 2011

Great hotel worth of being a palace. Stayed here for 7 days which you need to have the chance to enjoy all the facilities of the hotel.
Got pickup up for a very entertaining ride by a hotel limousine making the trip to the hotel both enjoyable and diverting. Check-in was a breeze and the allocated room with ocean view was spacious and beautifully decorated - loved the warm welcome by the front office and butler team making me feel right at home. The facilities include 2 amazing pools - one for families and a second one with swim-up bar for 'adults only' for a more relaxed atmosphere, a large, well-equipped gym with skilled instructors, a beautiful spa, a mile long beach and large gardens for walks.
Since I wanted to switch off for the whole week and not move around town too much, I also chose this hotel because it hosts numerous restaurants and bars to keep you entertained throughout the evening. I had the chance to try most of them and have to say the level of service and food blew me away. I especially want to highlight Sayad, their fine-dining seafood restaurant, Mezzaluna, one of the best Italian restaurants I have visited in recent times, the luscious breakfast in Le Vendome and both pool restaurants. Even though the taste was not 100% to my personal liking I also enjoyed one dinner in the local restaurant Mezlai which offers authentic Emirate cuisine - interesting and a nice feature to be able to enjoy some local flavor. After dinner I highly recommend the hotel bar which has an amazing selection of cigars , whiskeys and tasty cocktails or the lobby lounge for a glass of rose champagne while enjoying an amazing Jazz trio.
Yes, it not cheap as mentioned before by other reviewers but with the experience you get well worth it. I have stayed in other hotels in Dubai and Abu Dhabi and can say that the prices are in line with all of them and service very often exceeds the competion.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mlm789
Reviewed 29 November 2011

This is the flagship hotel in Abu Dhabi, and is very luxurious and impressive. Although we encountered a couple of hiccups, overall we had a very pleasant experience.
Booked a king-bed non-smoking room through the room, but at check-in I was told that the room would be twin and smoking. This was rectified right away.
Stayed in the Coral Room initially, in West Wing. The room wasn't so impressive - could do with more natural light, and the bathroom ergonomics are a bit odd (toilet almost adjacent to the wall). Bathroom fixtures showing some wear & tear. The room size isn't that large for a luxury hotel in the UAE, and there is no coffee machine. Other hotels in Abu Dhabi have larger and more airy rooms at this price. However, room has very nice marble, furniture, fabrics. Very comfortable bed, and high quality linens. The towels are very soft and plush, but some were frayed. A bathrobe also had a large tear. Balcony is nice, facing the pool.
Later on we changed to a suite, which was extremely nice and elegant. Larger bathroom, which was perfect. Rooms are insulated well against noise and heat.
The pool and beach facilities are fantastic. The west wing pool is better for children, as it has slides and the water is not deep. Beautiful lawns too with plenty of space for everyone. The beach is also clean and the sand is smooth. The east wing pool is gorgeous. Nice touches abound, such as a kid's play area, toys for pool and beach. Even in the rooms, they provided gifts to my child (stuffed toys, rubber ducks, etc).
The hotel staff are very attentive - pool, rooms, butlers, restaurants. The butler Dilip is an asset to the hotel. A salute to Mr. Joachim for taking care of some issues we had. All the staff were very friendly, especially to my child.
As for the restaurants, dining is not cheap in this hotel. This is expected, and La Vendome Brasserie has an amazing breakfast that is worthy of the price. Very high-quality experience.
On the other hand, the Lebanese restaurant is a letdown. I don't mind paying a lot if the food is worthy, but their food is average tasting and minimal portions. I have been in many Lebanese restaurants all over the world, and the one here is shameful. I understand that it is not managed by the hotel.
Overall, the best part about this hotel for us is the 'resort' experience - luxurious, no crowds, great for kids, and very comfortable. We will come again.

Room Tip: Ground floor (1) rooms have a private garden, and are on same level as pool & beach.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sybaritus
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Still one of my absolute favorites, esp for a nice weekend break. Where else in the emirates could you dare to jog bare feet on the lawns...
Hakkasan dinner was nice, although the prices here seem overdone for what they deliver.
The hotel pool and beach are top.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We took a diamond room with a view on the beach. The bedroom was much smaller than expected. Not what we were looking for by going to a "palace". Room set-up was also strange, TV not facing the bed, not that much space around the bed. The bedroom decorum was a bit heavy : brown and beige colors, make the room a bit gloomy. Hotel is great with huge public areas but you can easily find bigger and better bedrooms in other hotels for much less. Overall I would say the hotel is a must see, but not really worth staying-in.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank opazzo
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We recently had a 2 night stay at this Hotel, and I really couldn't fault it. You'd have to be a very pampered traveller not to find a stay here memorable, the staff were lovely to a person (particularly our butler Manoj!), and I thought that it was actually great value for a luxury stay as well. I've written a more in-depth review below, but if you're considering a stay here during a stop-over or for a sneeky romantic getaway and you can find a room that fits your budget, then don't bother looking elsewhere in Abu Dhabi!

I was lucky enough to find a special rate at this hotel, and booked 2 nights as a surprise stop-over at the start of a recent holiday with my girlfriend. The pictures looked a little hard to believe, and as we were flying in I found a review article in the in-flight magazine that also sounded quite unreal - I showed the article to my girlfriend and I got what could only be described as a positive reaction.

And it surely didn't disappoint! This hotel is quite incredible in it's size, grandeur, detail and just pure opulence. Our room was ready for us at 9am, with every courtesy extended as we arived, and we were shown in by our buttler Manoj. On our way to our room through the very impressive central Dome and past the Gold vending machine, he explained the history of the Palace - that it had been intended as the Royal Palace, but as the Royal Patriarch passed away before completion, it was felt that it would be insensitive to keep it as the palace, so they are now building another nearby - without this explanation I would have been completely dumb-founded as to how this building could have been conceived and funded.

Anyway, our room was the basic room but it was absolutely perfectly appointed, and the bathroom was just excellent. Both swimming pools were great fun - I think the kids pool is a thinly veiled adult fun pool, what's not to love about water falls and 2 water slides, and the actual adult pool was really beautiful at night and had a great swim-up bar. We were there in September and I think the weather was perfect then too, still very hot during the day but just perfect evenings for sitting outside and enjoying long hours by and in these lovely pools. And that's not to mention the private beach, with its 1.5km of pristine sand, picture-perfect azure water, and views across to some very nice looking boats as well. Plus there's a couple of very happy well-kept Camels who are very happy to give you a little walk along the beach. And it's actually a fun sight-seeing expedition just to walk around the various areas both inside and outside the hotel.

I think the only minor disappointment was the restaurant on the first night. There are 13 restaurants to choose from, and we were recommended the Mezlai by a few people, as it is one of the few restaurants around that serves genuine UAE cuisine. It certainly wasn't bad, but unfortunately it seems that genuine UAE cuisine isn't quite as exciting as Palace-style accommodation. Our second night we opted for casual burgers at the cafe, and these were delicious. And between the amazing buffett breakfast, very tasty snacks by the pook, and the incredible Cake shop we certainly didn't go hungry.

I have to give a special mention to our butler Manoj. He was at hand at an instant, and on the first morning he had waited for us as we returned from Breakfast to give us recommendations for the day. He also took us on a tour of one of the Premiere suites. We hope he will still be at the Palace when we next return.

I think that's enough gushing praise. Go to the Emirates Palace if you can, you will remember your stay for a long time!

Josh.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank joshcpower
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We were in Abu Dhabi for the Grand Prix and went for dinner to the Italian restaurant Mezzaluna ( Hakkasan being fully booked) and were surprised to be put on a table at the back of the restaurant in the open air seating area when the restaurant was virtually empty. We were moved on request but it lacked atmosphere, no real view except of a strange light show and the food was very average for the money.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends