“Excellent personalize service at the Mezzaluna (Italian Restaurant)”
Review of Emirates Palace

Emirates Palace
Ranked #5 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 16 December 2011

My family is currently staying in Dubai for a holiday. We spent 4 days in Dubai and 1 night in Abu Dhabi. We really had a nice time in Emirates Palace especially our dining experience in the Italian restaurant. We had felt the great hospitality from the moment we entered in Mezzaluna. Service was very much amazing and special thanks to the waiter named Ahmed as he took good care of our needs. That was unforgettable and highly recommended dining place! Very good food, service and friendly staff!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Nadiia S

Reviewed 13 December 2011

Hi.
We are just back from ten Glorious days in this magnificent Palace.
Words cannot describe the Service-Cleanliness-Pools-Food-Beaches-Sun-Staff, i could go on and on but it really is out of this world.
A few to thank personally are:
Rohan the La Vendome Manager (Lovely Man)
Honey our Butler (She is a gem)
Shambu Reception Manager (Could not do enough)
I am in the process of booking another Holiday back there right now.

Room Tip: Every room in Emirates Palace is fantastic. East Side for older couples and West Side for Families...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Danny H
Reviewed 13 December 2011

this is my first ever TripAdvisor r/v, but for this hotel I had to write one as it is simply one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Before booking our trip we checked other reviews and I have to say the people that complain about minor things about this hotel really need to lighten up and learn how to relax!

firstly we traveled as a family with my 16 month old daughter, we were made to feel very welcome on arrival and promptly checked in. The hotel is the definition of luxury! marble and gold galore. If you are looking for modern and minimalistic then this isn't the place for you but if you are looking to go some where and be treated likely royalty then book it. I have stayed in many five star hotels around the world and this is a true five star!

service was great most of the time, phone answered within a few rings, pool staff attentive and arriving with towels before you have even decided where to lounge!! breakfast staff attentive and quick to clean plates. I will list good points and some points for improvement as I feel this is always most useful for readers( i hate people who write long reviews with personal issues!)

good points

beautiful hotel with good facilities
good room facilities
nice pools and grounds
ample staff (over 2000) to cater for your needs,
great quality breakfast
top notch restaurants ( although expensive)
hotel tour worth going on
spa treatment good
room service (the "palace ceremony" is a MUST! makes you feel like royalty)

bad points/improvements

yes you are asked a lot if you are staying at the hotel but based on the fact it is a tourist attraction people should expect this, although maybe the staff could tone it down a bit!
pool side food is a bit expensive for what it is.
turn down service treats could be better
more entertainment and evening activities as you can be a bit bored in the evening if you decide not to venture out.
better family activities

overall I have to say I had a fab holiday, and if you get a good deal like free nights etc then go for it! I assure you you will not be disappointed!

This hotel is worth it!

Room Tip: ask for room with good access to the beach/pools if with family
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank DRamar2008
Reviewed 11 December 2011

The hotel was worth every dirhams spent.
The service and atmosphere was perfect. The pool area was really nice and the water temperature at the outside pool was perfect. The only downside was that the hotel itself is very large, so it takes time to go from one place to another..
The location of the hotel is right on the beach and next to the marina mall of Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank tonppa
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We were on our honeymoon so decided to splurge out and had high hopes after all the hotel boasts.

Arriving was easy and we found our way to reception where we had a warm welcome, it started well.

What followed next was lots of confusion. First they weren't sure if we had booked breakfast or not. I thought we hadn't, after a few moments we decided we didn't have breakfast included.

Next we went to sit down and were told our room wouldn't be ready until 4. That's was only about 15 minutes. However we were keen to get to going as we wanted to go for the mosque tour at 5. We told them this.

And within seconds they told us our room was ready. Great.

We began walking and as we walked the woman gave us a tour - she then informed us our package includes breakfast?? At the time I thought that was odd, but just thought maybe they decided to throw it in after the confusion.

We went up to the 5th floor and she showed us to our room and started taking us through the facilities.

She then asked us how we pronounce our name and showed us the welcome letter. That wasn't our name- similar but not us. We said that's not our surname. She said oh. She rang down to reception and said it's okay you can have this room anyway it's receptions mistake.

Turns out it was a nicer room than ours.

Anyway reception call her back and she looks panicked. The people whose room it is are on there way to the room. We can't stay there we have to go to our room. So we pick up our bags and get hurried out and have to sit outside the room.

It was all very odd. Eventually we get shown to another room, they kept telling us was better than the first-but it wasn't. By now you just feel disappointment.

By the time we got dropped off at the next room we had to make a dash for the mosque. As we were leaving the butler came to drop off our welcome drink- we put them in the fridge.

On our return there was a bottle of champagne waiting for us- possibly because we were on our honeymoon - possibly because of the confusion over the rooms. It was a nice gesture but nothing stating this was with compliments so we had to ask - it was.

The bed turn down was lovely.

The actual room was grand, but nothing special stood out.

While we were walking back to our room, all the floors have security guards so you feel like you have to prove yourself. I don't know why but I just felt like I wasn't welcome as I wasn't one of the VIP guests.

On one particular occasion we were asked to go back down a corridor, just before people flanked by body guards passed by.

The whole time I felt like I shouldn't be walking around and I was being watched.

The staff greated us on all occasions there was just something missing.

The next day we wondered around by the pool, and got invited to go for a camel ride and have tea. That was great and they made us feel very welcome!

Its great to marvel at the hotel, but seeing as visitors can look around too - I'm not sure staying there is worth it.

If we were to go again I'm sure we may have a better time - but I'm not sure I would want to go back.

My husband who is normally easy going - felt the same. Perhaps the confusion with the room just took the magic out of it.

It certainly wasn't bad but because of everything I can only give it a 4.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank banana0411
Reviewed 7 December 2011

My fiancé and I stayed at Emirates Palace from 27.november to 2.december. We stayed at the coral room.

To start with, this is the finest place I have ever been. The service is 7 star! When we arrived and booked in at the reception my fiancé got a flower, we were served dates and arabic coffee while we waited. Actually we didn't wait, but we got all this VIP service allready before we had seen our room.

We had a clean, nice and fantastic room. It is about 0,5 km to walk from the reception to the east wing, and the same to the west wing. So just from side to side of the hotel it is 1 km to walk. Don't worry, you don't have to walk, the have club cars and bicycles, so the distance I describe is more to show how big this palace is.

From our room we had a beach view, the beach is property of the hotel, so it is private for the hotel guest, soo luxurious. The hotel also have 2 big pool areas. Did I mention that they have 2 beduins with two camels on the beach? Well, they do, and you can ride the camels, get served dates and tea/coffee from the beduins. It is such a classy way of also giving th hotelguest the feeling of the great old culture for the country.

Every day our room was cleaned twice. The second time was in the evening, and those times they always left a little gift on the bedside table. As I said, 7 star service, that is when someone serve you something that you would have thougth would top something seconds before you ever get to think it. They also had a pillow menu, where you could choose different pillows for your choice. We had both a pillow with extra vitamin E, and a heated Cherry stone pillow. The cherry stone pillow did our butler heat every night for us.

Our butler, Dipak Kumar Das, was such an fantastic man. Always with an smile. He is so serviceminded and helpful, and also know so much about the hotel and everything you need to know when you stay there. So if he knocks on your door while you stay there, you should be happy. Actually, you should ask for him. Such a good man.

Well, to finish my review I also should mention the helpful concierge, the 11 restaurants, the inroom diningservice, trainingopportunities, tennis, soccer, a lot of watersport, spa and shops.

You don't really have to leave the hotelarea, this is just as much a resort, hotel, palace or a business/arrangement place.

Good trip!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ThomasAndreW
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Great hotel worth of being a palace. Stayed here for 7 days which you need to have the chance to enjoy all the facilities of the hotel.
Got pickup up for a very entertaining ride by a hotel limousine making the trip to the hotel both enjoyable and diverting. Check-in was a breeze and the allocated room with ocean view was spacious and beautifully decorated - loved the warm welcome by the front office and butler team making me feel right at home. The facilities include 2 amazing pools - one for families and a second one with swim-up bar for 'adults only' for a more relaxed atmosphere, a large, well-equipped gym with skilled instructors, a beautiful spa, a mile long beach and large gardens for walks.
Since I wanted to switch off for the whole week and not move around town too much, I also chose this hotel because it hosts numerous restaurants and bars to keep you entertained throughout the evening. I had the chance to try most of them and have to say the level of service and food blew me away. I especially want to highlight Sayad, their fine-dining seafood restaurant, Mezzaluna, one of the best Italian restaurants I have visited in recent times, the luscious breakfast in Le Vendome and both pool restaurants. Even though the taste was not 100% to my personal liking I also enjoyed one dinner in the local restaurant Mezlai which offers authentic Emirate cuisine - interesting and a nice feature to be able to enjoy some local flavor. After dinner I highly recommend the hotel bar which has an amazing selection of cigars , whiskeys and tasty cocktails or the lobby lounge for a glass of rose champagne while enjoying an amazing Jazz trio.
Yes, it not cheap as mentioned before by other reviewers but with the experience you get well worth it. I have stayed in other hotels in Dubai and Abu Dhabi and can say that the prices are in line with all of them and service very often exceeds the competion.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family