“I think telling excellent is not enough , thats wonderful” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Emirates Palace

Emirates Palace
Ranked #10 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Istanbul, Turkey
“I think telling excellent is not enough , thats wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

I stayed 2 nights with so special events . Actually foods , room and all services provide a real palace for every guests of this hotel . If you want to live 7-star experience , there is right place .
Every moment will change as unforgettable .

Room Tip: You will see the gulf of Arab from your room as panoramic !
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

The Emirates Palace is stunning. First impressions were that they really know how to make things tick. We we're met airside straight off the plane and fast-tracked through the considerable line at passport control then whisked off to the EP in stunning style. Admittedly I had booked/paid for the car service but the speed with which we got through was worth the price of the transfer in itself. It then went from the sublime to the ridiculous when we arrived, two single beds instead of a king and no alternative double rooms on offer so they had to put the two beds together, not ideal. The EP is massive, we were in the east wing which was great for us as a couple looking to just chill. Did go to the west wing of the hotel to use the spa once and that looks great for families although either side seems just fine. If you need to move around they have golf buggies to transfer guests to and from each part of the hotel. Staff at the beach and by the pool were good, butler was average, they weren't great in the spa although the massage was very nice and the concierge service was hit and miss. For such a grand place I would have expected more and I told them so. To be fair they did offer us a late checkout and a transfer back to the airport which did help to calm me down. It's the lack of urgency and poor communication that I didn't like, lots of staff standing around doing nothing. Rather than be called sir all day (one of my pet dislikes) I'd prefer restaurant bookings to be double confirmed in a timely manner, I'd prefer the concierge to acknowledge me instead of phaffing around and would have preferred the waiting staff at the outdoor BBQ to explain that the food was enormous and that it might not be a good idea to order the whole menu. Abu Dhabi is a great place if you want a low key version of Dubai, eating out is brilliant with restaurants like Quest, Marco Pierre White and Hakkasan all of which we found to be top notch. I would say if it's your first visit like ours the Palace is worth a try but if you like sleek service and want a more western and buzzy atmosphere the Jumierah across the road might be more suitable.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank J0el_K
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

The Bulter made all the difference. This place was massive and they nail down the basic level of service (room service, laundry) but lose it when it comes to the next level (restaurants, concierge). The butler (Deepak) was always on hand and helpful. Otherwise, I would not come back here

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank FIRAS M
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

The Emirates palace is exactly what it says, a palace. We stayed 3 nights in a Coral Room and it was simply wonderful.
The hotel is very large but has less than 400 rooms and so it still feels very private.
The decor is very oppulent without being garish, as some hotels in Dubai can be. The swimimming pools are fabulous with the most comfortable sun loungers I have ever had.
If you want to experience life like royalty I recommend a visit the Emirates Palace!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank craigpatt
Woodford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Having read many of the reviews of this hotel I wanted to judge it for myself. Having been invited for a friends birthday, I looked forward to staying at this hotel.
We stayed for 5 nights
We had 3 rooms, all were in the West Wing and close to one another. the rooms were very clean, and were also restocked with clean towels at turn down.

Butler service was very good and was always carried out by very polite staff.

The hotel

The hotel itself is too big and I mean big, it is over 1 km from one end to the other. All floors look the same, it Is not very well sign posted, having stayed in big hotels in Vegas, yes they were big too but you always had proper directions therefore it was not as bad. I must admit that there were polite members of staff around on each floor so you could ask for directions.

Breakfast in the Restrurant again was okay but not to the standard I expected for this hotel, labelling of the food not very informative. The staff very polite but most of the time did not understand what one was saying.
An example one morning I asked for low fat yorghut, it took 3 members of staff who kept saying one had to refer to another and each one would come and ask me what it was I wanted and kept pointing to the plain yorghut, I was losing the will to live.

Then the chef came out to say there was non, standing next to him another waiter said yes we are getting some it's coming.

Just as I was leaving breakfast an hour and ten minutes later they bought the yorghut , i did not want it by then I had finished.

One night we needed some toiletries for ladies, 6 different people came to the room With the butler non of them understood what we were asking for, but the interesting thing is they all spoke English. It's this sort of in experiance of staff that I found frustrating, they were very polite, but not very experienced in customer service.

The walk to any part of the hotel consisted of long walks if you took a misturning you could go on for ages. There did not appear to be any soul or atmosphere in the hotel. Due to the vastness it constantly looked empty apart from loads of staff standing around to direct you to different areas.

No proper shop that had papers or toiletries, another interesting thing is there is no medical centre, whereas a place this big you would think warranted one.
We did have a call out one who did come.

The prices matched the high end decor. Two teas for room service was about 17 pounds.

We ate one night on the outside BBQ area not the best food, it was a minimum 160 person.
Simpe Blow dry of hair ranges from 30 to 70 pounds.

The gym was well equipped and clean, not enough classes well I think there was about 3 in one week.

However on the whole I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and I think it was an experiance that if one has the opportunity to stay then yes one should.

I don't think I would return, for me once is enough, I do prefer the Dubai hotels and hospitality in comparison.

If you found this review helpful please tick yes, it would be appreciated.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
11 Thank DuquesaLondon
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

I was a bit torn about how to rate this hotel, as I felt like I had two different experiences here: one experience in the room and another one entirely in the common areas. I think the confusing part for me was the feeling that there was no proper lobby, so it was easy to find yourself disoriented. That, coupled with the sheer size of the property, left one feeling a bit like being in a convention center rather than a luxurious hotel.

First off, I will state that the service here was spectacular. The butler service was gracious and unobtrusive, and staff members always greeted you with a huge warm smile. Also, we were in a Khaleej Deluxe Suite, which was spectacular. It had a very soothing design, and I found the rooms to be quite comfortable, blending opulence with practicality. The balcony was huge and offered gorgeous views of the beach and old town Abu Dhabi. The beach area was also immaculate and well-maintained. The grounds of the property are simply beyond-reproach. Fantastic landscaping, coupled with nature beauty, offers a very serene environment, despite the construction going on everywhere outside.

We did not try many of the restaurants, but the breakfast was incredible, with service to match. I was sorely disappointed in the club lounge, so I would not suggest the extra expense. The snacks were uninspiring and also only offered at night-time; lunchtime only included teas apparently. The design of the club lounge was also awfully shoddy given the attention to every other space of the hotel; seemed like a cheap airport lounge to be honest.

I have been trying to articulate to myself what left me feeling less than 100% enthusiastic about this hotel, and other than the club lounge, it is really hard to put a fine point on it. I think there is just some disconnect between the quality of the service and beauty of the rooms, contrasted with the size of the hotel. After walking across what seems like miles of rooms, you no longer feel like you are in an exclusive hotel, but rather a large convention center. Mind you, it is a beautiful convention center, but there is simply no intimacy here to match the personalization offered to you by the butlers and other members of staff. I think I would have actually been sorely disappointed in the property if I stayed in one of the standard rooms. Also, you kind of feel like you are stumbling across random beautiful areas, but the design is somehow not cohesive. A hodge-podge of beautiful individual spaces does not make for a cohesive design effect.

I think this hotel is certainly worth a visit, but I do not think you will feel like you are as part of an exclusive club as you do at the Burj al Arab for example. I hate making criticisms when they are simply matters of taste/preference, but I felt like it was important to state that this place was fantastic, yet just lacking some sort of feeling of soul. I was not expecting that, so I felt like I wanted to at least share my experience in hopes of helping someone else make up their mind about staying here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank DCTraveler1979
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Be prepared to be amazed! The Royal Mirage in Dubai has been our favourite hotel for some time, partly because of Arabic design, opulance, quality and service.The Emirates Palace does all of that, but on a much bigger scale. The interior of the hotel is as stunning as the exterior. The bedroom which we had was standard, but was without doubt the best bedroom we have stayed in. We were also provided with a Butler called Dipak who provided excellent, friendly service throughout our stay. This was a real bonus. Anything we wanted, he sorted.
The kids pool area was great with a lazy river complex and slides which the 2 kids loved.This was located at the west wing. We stayed in the east wing which is thought to be quieter. The 2 wings are 1km apart so provided a good opportunity to work off breakfast and lunch from and back to the room! Bicycles were free and available most of the time. Buggys were available for the less energetic. Security was noticable. The hotel is so large with so few rooms that it never feels busy.
The only criticism of the stay was the half board package. Menu and restaurant choice, apart from the buffet option, was very limited and cost the earth once you went a la carte. Be warned. Glass of juice £9.00!! Plate of french fries £11.00 at the outside poolside bar. £45.00 for a ribeye steak at the BBQ outdoor restaurant. Would we go again? Yes. The Palace is just amazing.

Room Tip: For less children and noise stay in the east wing.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family