“Almost 5 stars, just not quite there”
Review of Emirates Palace

Emirates Palace
Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Just returned from 8 days at this hotel. Firstly the exceptional parts of this hotel:
1. As other people have said the hotel is absolutely stunning, the best I have ever stayed in.
2. We arrived at 6.30 in the morning and our room was ready and as we had access to the palace lounge we were able to get breakfast and drinks, which I have never experienced before.( Any normal hotel would make you wait)
3. The butler was everything you could ask for and more! Nothing was too much trouble.
4. All the staff that we came into contact with were exceptionally polite and helpful.
5. The beach & pool areas were great and there was plenty of space.
6. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary whilst we were there and th staff really spoilt us with champagne and roses and they provided us with photo's.
Now the reasons why it's not quite 5 star for me.
1. Whilst we were there I had cause to complain about a number of things, which had this not been a 7* hotel and one of the leading hotels of the world, I probably would have lived with. Things that you just would not expect. However after meeting with the manager to provide feedback. He could not have been more helpful, going out of his was to apologise. On our last day we were not flying until 2.00am and he very kindly let us have use of our room until we left the hotel at 10.30pm. Again this is not something I have experienced in any other hotel I have stayed in. As the management went out of there way to put things right, I do not think it fair to detail my complaint.
The other feedback I provided to the management is again something mentioned before. The security at this hotel is tight, rightly so in my opinion. I have no problem being challenged by security, but I do believe that they should not automatically assume that you are not a guest, until you prove otherwise. What would be nice is if they confirmed that you were a guest unless you are not.! Minor points I know, but again this is a 7* hotel and during my 8 day stay did a member of security treat me as a guest firstly, and I did not have to inform them that I was, in fact a guest, not a visitor!!

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,579)

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

I regret to pay the room fees in a room where the DVD and AC was not working. They appologiesed and offered me another room with sea view and 100 dh discount. I WIUKD HAVE EXPECTED A MUCH MORE for runing my night with maintanave comming in and iut for more than 1 hour. ..its beautiful hotel with lack of customer service and satisfaction abilities cinpared ti ither hotels.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 2 August 2013

From the moment you arrive it is Iike a fairy tale castle. The service and staff are so very friendly, kids club is fantastic. Rooms a delight this is one of the best hotels I have ever had the pleasure in staying in. Beach and pool area is fabulous. Afternoon tea is a real treat and highly recommended.
We will certainly go back to this most wonderful hotel, what a super experience.

Room Tip: We stayed in the standard coral rooms which are larger than average standard rooms. They are superb...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel. Good maintenance. Well behaved staff. Good location. Nice beach.nice pool.i would like to go there again and again. Nice breakfast. Everybody should stay there in lifetime. Excellent pool.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Rajesh A
Reviewed 25 July 2013

From entering the property & being blown away by the sheer size and beauty of this Hotel, it only get's better. Check in was so nice I would have liked to stay a while. The long walk to the room was worth every minute, drinking in the fixtures and furnishings. To me it rates better than 7 stars & I am sure we will return. It's just too good not to.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wicketty
Reviewed 24 July 2013

THE most opulent hotel I have stayed at.

The Penninsula in Hong Kong has been my long standing favourite hotel, but staying at the Palace has knocked that out of the park.

From the time you are welcomed into the hotel you are made to feel special. As you are checked in a member from guest relations brings cool towels so you can refresh.

That member of staff then escorts you to your room giving you a guided tour on the way. It is quite a walk to your room which makes the tour quite handy.

Security staff are everywhere but they make you feel like they are your personal security detail rather than looking over you to see if you are pinching the silver.

Guest relations take you to your room and then introduce you to your butler who shows you through your room.

I couldn't believe that in the cheapest room in the house that I would get a butler.

The butler explained the pocket computer that controls your room. TV, lighting, dvd etc all from the little screen. The options for mood lighting i personally loved.

She also pointed out the mini bar and what was free and what you had to pay for.

A later exploration of the hotel showed how vast it was.

Each accommodation wing has its own gym and pool. Then there is the 1.3km private beach.

So many restaurants to choose from to cater for all tastes. Unfortunately I was there during Ramadan and the restaurant of choice for me was closed as were a number of other restaurants. The Lebanese restaurant was booked out so it was the INternational buffet was the remaining choice.

Buffets are not my preferred option but the variety, quality etc of food was better than I had seen.

The attention to detail by the staff is exemplary. As you walk through the hotel the staff are courteous and friendly. Their dress matches their attitude as well.

At one stage I was disoriented as to where my accommodation wing was, and asked for directions from a member of staff. We had a laugh about it and she walked me to the corridor separating the main hotel from the accommodation wing. Had I wanted it, she would have walked me to my door.

The room I had would have been perfect for two. Great and comfortable bed, plenty of room, with a large desk for me to work. A chaise lounge, couch, chairs so main options to sit down. A 55inch LEDTV with a vast range of channels in a variety of languages available. A DVD player plus access to a library covers for any other tastes.

The bathroom is equally large. A large shower with both a fixed head rose plus a hand shower, toilet, bidet, and a bath large enough for two is grand.

They say that when you come here you wont leave. For me that was true as being here in the middle of summer, and ramadan as well meant that when i walked in through the doors I didnt leave until i headed to the airport.

The hotel is good for any person to come to. You want to break up your flight, you want to bring a family whatever this hotel is for you.

The staff here always want you to enjoy yourself and make each person feel like royalty. The thing that I personally like is that at no time has there been even a hint of wanting a tip even when offered. Maybe it is because a service fee is included on your bill.

Could be the good starting point for a honeymoon.

The Penninsula has similar traits and whilst I still love that hotel this hotel has taken the best of them, and made them better.

SHould be included on any person's travel bucket list.

Room Tip: the lowest grade room is unbelievable. Think before you go higher
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Nibzee
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The physical beauty of this hotel simply blows away any other in the country. Forget Burj al Arab, this is the place to stay. Two massive pools, spacious rooms, jaw dropping public spaces, it's all here. The experience will simply take your breath away.

So why 4 stars and not 5? Security at the door is a little over zealous in denying entry to guests that are staying there, as well as the throngs of tourists trying to sneak a peak. An interaction with a rude security guard with broken English is not how you want to start your stay here. breakfast is quite good, but be prepared to sit outside - which can be no fun in 50 degree weather - as inside seating space is quite limited.

Other than these two snafus, the experience was magical. I will be back.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple