“Extraordinary hotel”
Review of Emirates Palace

Emirates Palace
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Architectural stunning hotel. Your shoes may wear out walking around it but this a most beautiful hotel. With age it is maturing. The service has settled down and is quite exceptional. Food is excellent. Staff consistently up there with the best.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Gadstrat

Arrived in the evening.

The bad: I called in advance for a non-smoking room but when I went to check in they had me in smoking room. After some work was changed appropriately. Ordered a simple room service order and they brought only half the order and charged me for the whole thing. I also found cigarette butts behind my bed in my non-smoking room. Called for the room to be made up at certain times and it never happened when I requested.

The good: Nice gym, comfortable bed, nice sized room, nice breakfast buffet but really this hotel is huge and it takes forever to get anywhere especially if room is at the end of one of the wings.
Nice beach, interesting camels to take a short ride or some pictures. Nice swimming pool. The meeting facilities very large but not the best acoustics. Very nice spa with very nice options

Overall a very impressive building that has many facilities. Needs some help with some customer service basics.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2013

It's absolutely huge and for my taste much,much too flashy and glitzy. To find my friend in the lobby we actually had to phone each other. It must be the largest lobby in the world. But at tea you are offered a "book" of tea choices and perhaps 6 different types of sugars. Rooms are comfortable with lovely views of the Gulf, but the service is slow, probably due to the size of the place.

The hotel covers a large area and beach. Good for a resort holiday, but you won't see much of Abu Dhabi from here.

Room Tip: The opulence of the suites are a bit OTT. But they do have fabulous views of the Gulf and amenities...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed at the Emirates palace for just two nights. On arrival we were 3 hours earlier than check in time, however we were able to check in anyway. They also upgraded us from the Coral suite which we had paid for to the Diamond suite with a sea view which was beautiful.
We could not beleave our eyes at the share beauty of this place. Everything was done to perfection, Staff were more than helpful.
We loved everything about our stay there and will definatley be back to treat ourselves to some luxurious relaxation.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel over twelve months ago and re booked again for this year, my first stay was exceptional so I was nervous that my expectation would not be met as it was so high on this my next visit.
I needn't have worried, even though there were some new team members since my last stay the service received from everyone was wonderful and always with a smile. The standard of the rooms was still good, well appointed in great condition needing no maintenance attention and really clean.
The pools, the beach all heaven and a new baby camel since my last visit - all wonderful.
We went on half board and we had a good choice of restaurants to use, do not be put off by the buffet it is absolutely the best cuisine and choice that I have found in a long time. The only challenge we had was with the Emirate restaurant which only had a choice of 3 starters and 3 main course for those on half board, we addressed this while we were there with the F&B Manager who was delightful and I am sure this menu choice will now have been changed.
I work in the hotel business, I am on the board with two hotel groups in the UK and I am a consultant in the industry, due to my job I always find it hard to stay in a hotel for pleasure as I constantly find things that need changing so it can be a bit of a 'bus mans holiday'. Not in the case of the Emirates Palace it is exceptional and always exceeds expectation, I am certainly booking again for next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013

It is very rare for me to be speechless, but The Emirates Palace Hotel created such a situation. It really is beyond words and even beyond pictures. The sheer awe inspiring size of it made me gasp for air. The service and the staff could not be beaten either. The rooms are beautiful and the little extras make it something very special indeed. The backdrop of the beach and the sea on 1 side and modern Abu Dhabi skyline on the other finish it all off perfectly. Believe me...You really have to experience this place in person for you to truly understand.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ianharvey_12
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This is one of the hotels that you will never forget. If you are looking for a place that have great swimming pool, perfect beach with transparent water and luxury, please choose this hotel. The food is awesome and you will have great times there, believe me. The room is very beautiful, but don't expect be in your little palace. They are not so big as the palace. Because of this hotel I prefered ABU DHABI than Dubai.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal
Rosewood Abu Dhabi
Rosewood Abu Dhabi
#4 of 128 in Abu Dhabi

Been to Emirates Palace? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Emirates Palace

Address: West Corniche Road, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Region: United Arab Emirates > Emirate of Abu Dhabi > Abu Dhabi
Bar / Lounge Beach Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#3 Romantic Hotel in Abu Dhabi
#4 On the Beach Hotel in Abu Dhabi
#6 Spa Hotel in Abu Dhabi
#7 Luxury Hotel in Abu Dhabi
#10 Business Hotel in Abu Dhabi
#15 Family Hotel in Abu Dhabi
Price Range: £321 - £881 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Emirates Palace 5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Expedia, Odigeo, Prestigia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Emirates Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Emirates Palace