“It's a majestic experience !!!”
Review of Emirates Palace

Emirates Palace
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I and my family intended to stay here as it sort of mentioned that the best hotel in town, more expensive than ritz carlton. Once entering in to the hotel, there're many people wait in line to greet us and that made me felt like...wow great!. Then check in process; There're around 3 people involved in this process and move us, 8 people, to another area near lobby. You know what it took me and my family for almost 30 mins waiting for no reason. I was like this is too much for this 5 star hotel, so I went to the lobby and got a very prompt response right away. Then there's a girl came to bring us to the rooms. Her face was like...so bored and tired and looked so moody. While walking she kept saying she didn't have lunch, the hotel pushed her to work too hard and got less pay. I was like(talking to myself).. do I need to know about this?

The hotel is spacious, grand, and beatiful most of the things in hotel are in gold color to represent the luxury, I suppose. However, the walk way from the lobby to the room quite farrrrr, but given the reason that it help excercise that helps.

Once got into the room, all rooms are on the top floor and that's good. Rooms look similar to images shown in the web. Well, you pay more you get good room that's the rule. Room is equipped with big screen flat TV, and smart mobile like PDA to control electrical switches in the room. For my room, once going to sleep at 1.30am, we couldn't turn off the TV, so we called Butler. He came in very fast kept checking what's wrong and found that the charger didn't work, but he could help switched off TV eventually.

Unfortunately, my nephew got an accident his head hit the bottom part of the chair. We asked for help and the first aid came in very fast, within 5-10 mins. Once finished cleaning, plasterring, and giving the cool pad. I got a bill 200 AED and I had to pay right away.However; I had never experienced that 5 star will charge for 1st aid, but we kept telling ourselves that how lucky that our nephew didn't have to go to hospital.

As a 5 star hotel, the hotel has noticed that tis' our parents 40th aniversary, so we got a chocolate cake and champaign, but those were sent to my room,not my parents room - the girl didn't make good note about who stay in which room, othewise this misunderstood won't happen, but it's good to get it anyway. To me this is a service that hotel can offer to customer which is a plus and that suppose to get more score rating, regardless of hotel stars.

There're 2 swimming pools. The one is simple and quiet, while the other is more relaxation by having cave waterfall, water ride, and kids zone. These 2 pools are so far away by located on the end of each side of building.

If you have time it would say you should walk around the hotel and look through. It's much bigger than anticipated. There're funtion rooms, theatre, prayer's rooms for make and female. Also the ceiling of waiting area for the function room look gorgeous.Let's walk and exrecise in this hotel. Trust me, if you walk from the end of one wind the the end of the other for like twice rounds that's good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Chintana T
Holger S, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear Chintana,

Thank you for taking the time to write a thorough review of your stay with us this month. We continuously strive to offer the best accommodation and hospitality in Abu Dhabi, and we appreciate the feedback of guests such as yourself. I will be glad to pass your kind words on to the rest of my team.

I hope you enjoyed your parents enjoyed their 40th anniversary with us. It was our pleasure to welcome you all during this special occasion.

There are newer reviews for Emirates Palace

Reviewed 9 January 2014

This is by far the Number 1 Hotel in Abu Dhabi!

Comments that mention negatives on the check in, lack of character etc are way off the mark, as we have stayed almost every year since opening and it is consistently the best performing and most luxurious hotel you could visit in Abu Dhabi.

Check in comments especially (the negative ones) couldn't be more wrong - check in staff are professional not ignorant as some claim! They know how to greet a guest and they efficiently get your details and get you checked in - they are supported by another team who come and gift flowers and toys to the ladies and children respectively and warm arabic coffee etc!

Rooms are fabulous - hotel never seems busy due to sheer size regardless of whether it's full or not.

For children its awesome with the lazy river, kids pool, slides, kids club, activities - but don't let that fool you into thinking it's geared for screaming children - far from it! We go with 3 young children and still see this as one of the most relaxing resorts!

A special mention to Alexander Schneider (Senior management) - never fails to respond to an email/enquiry.. has a 'can do' attitude to everything and one of the most professional hotel seniors you're likely to meet - a credit to Emirates Palace!

One of the most pleasing things is also that the kids meet their 'friends' Charity, Alfred and Suzane (sorry I may have spelt that wrong but you know who you are!) from the kids club - my daughter especially talks about when we can go back and see Charity at Emirates Palace (and wants us to take Charity home with us so she can be her personal babysitter!)

The daily football sessions are also a big hit with our son and the guys that run the football are super with the kids!

All in all - the variety of activities for young and old and the luxury element makes this by far the best choice!

Room Tip: West Wing - Families East Wing - Couples
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AbdulR M

Dear Mr. Abdul,

It is always a pleasure to welcome you and your family to Emirates Palace, and I am happy to read that we exceed your expectations on every visit.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive and kind review. It is feedback from guests such as yourself that motivate us to do what we do best.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

The sheer size of this hotel is amazing. The service was very friendly and accomidating. The rooms are nice with comfortable beds. The walls are a little thin but not a deal breaker unless the guests in the adjacent rooms are very noisy. Pools were nice and lots of room to roam. The food and beverages are nice but be prepared to overpay for just about anything and everything.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank AlexanderDelarge

Dear Alexander,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us last March. We are continuously striving to give our guests the most memorable experience at Emirates Palace, and I am happy to hear that you had a great stay.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

You re made to feel special from the moment you step out of your car until the moment you leave. the staff are exceptional and when we had a medical emergency the Butler and onsite Nurse were outstanding. Our Butler was calm throughout and dealt with us in a professional yet personal manner. The hotel even supplied a car to take us to the hospital.

We celebrated my Wife's Birthday while staying at the Palace and the Butler staff arrived at our room singing Happy Birthday while bringing in a beautiful Birthday cake. They put up a banner and took a picture of us all and came back later in the day with a framed photo for us to keep. It was a Lovely surprise and yet another example of staff going the extra mile to make your stay special.

The hotel is beautiful inside and out. The west pool area is spacious and you don't feel cramped at all. Poolside service is superb and the food is very good.

For some authentic Arabian hospitality take a ride on the camels and drink tea with their handlers on the beach.

Room Tip: Couples should try for an East wing room while Familys should go for a West wing room as it is close...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank JasperC

Dear Jasper,

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your wife’s birthday at Emirates Palace. I am glad that you were both impressed with the special efforts of our Butler team, and I will be sure to pass your kind words to them.

Were you able to try our Emirati restaurant, Mezlai? For added authentic Arabian hospitality, I recommend visiting Mezlai, one of the only fine-dining Emirati restaurants in Abu Dhabi, after your camel ride on the beach. With an Emirati national at the head of the culinary team at Mezlai, choose from a wide selection of authentic dishes capturing the rich and bold flavours of the region.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I always mean to write reviews of holidays, but never do. However, our experience at the Emirates Palace was so incredible that I feel that I absolutely must share the magic. I booked a 5 night stay at the Emirates Palace in Dec 2013 as a surprise treat for my husband's 40th birthday. We had had nothing but positive reviews of the hotel - and I was very pleased with my choice. I booked through Destinology (Paul Goring was our advisor and he was amazing!). I had to cancel our plans at the last minute and rebook (as my husband's grandfather passed away the day we were due to travel). Paul was incredibly sympathetic and helpful in organising another trip. We flew with Ethihad (brilliant service on the way out of LHR - the flight attendants brought my husband a cake & champers and were incredibly helpful when our vegetarian meals were messed up). Husband and I were not disappointed with the hotel at all. We arrived at about 3am, extremely tired from our journey, but were snapped wide awake by the incredible drive up to the hotel. It took our breath away. The check in staff were incredibly polite and efficient, and had received notification of our dietary requirements. All through our walk from check-in to our room, we 'oh-wowed' at everything we saw and the sheer magnitude of the hotel. We stayed in a Pearl room, HB, and we were not disappointed. The room was gorgeous - and as described and photographed in the hotel's website. We had a great view of the pool, the cityscape and the sea. We were placed in the West wing - which we were told was the quieter side of the hotel - the East being more family orientated with the pool, water slides and kids club. We had a butler on our floor who showed us the features of our room and how to access the hotel wifi (there is a charge if you want a certain speed, but the general wifi was sufficient for us to browse the net and facetime our kids at home, although at times it was a bit patchy). We were told that the hotel was at 75% capacity, but we really didnt feel it at all. Our hotel floor was always quiet, and the 10min walk from room to the Vendome restaurant (where we had breakfast and dinner) was always peaceful- with a few pleasantries with staff along the way. Breakfast was ample and catered to every taste. The staff were always always willing to help. For example, one morning, I noticed that a breakfast item I wanted (falafels) was placed in a tray along with a lamb variety. When I pointed this out to a member of staff, they went into the kitchens immediately and brought me a separate plate of steaming hot falafels. We spent all of our days by the adult pool. There were huge comfy hammocks in the grass and in the pools. The water was cool and inviting after a morning lazing in the sun. The outdoor jacuzzis were a real treat too. One (covered under a shade) was being repaired for a couple of days - but there was no noise whatsoever. We tried one other jacuzzi on our first day which was freezing. The next, we tried the adjacent one, which was like stepping into a really hot bath. It was amazing! Husband and I walked around the hotel - which took ages as we stopped to intake our breath with almost every step. The hotel is incredibly big, opulent with many surprises along the way. We found a japanese tea hut, a ballroom for 2500 people, an auditorium, where I got on stage and had my 'X-factor' moment, genuine artifacts for general sale, and a GOLD vending machine. We spent an hour in the East pool - riding the lazy river and remarking that we must one day bring our children (and secretly pleased that we had didnt and that we had a few days of absolute rest and being spoilt). Husband's birthday was celebrated with a cake in our room, and the Australian pianist singing to him. And remembering his name at the end of the evening. We always think that the quality of the staff represent the hotel - and everyone was incredibly helpful (some remembering our room details and dietary requirements). The Vendome restaurant chef, Richard, came to discuss what we'd like to eat one evening in the restaurant and we were incredibly pleased with a spicy veggie stir-fry that was whipped up for us. We also dined one evening at the Italian restaurant. The HB menu was ok - but we had to ask about this as we were initially presented with an a la carte menu even though the staff were aware of our HB stay. This is probably a minor negative, oh, and one morning at breakfast, I didnt have a teaspoon in my teacup. And the hot chocolate was not hot, or chocolate. But it didnt ruin our stay one jot. We were treated very well and we had an unforgettable stay. We'd definitely like to return to the Emirates Palace one day soon.

Room Tip: Go for the Pearl room to get a view of the pool, sea and city.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 1819jeni

Dear Jeni,

First and foremost, thank you for your kind and detailed review of your stay with us at Emirates Palace, Abu Dhabi.

It was our pleasure to host you for five days during your husband’s 40th birthday, and I am delighted to hear that you both had a memorable stay. I will happily share your comments with my whole team.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

The largest hotel we have ever stayed in and have never seen so much marble and gold. A truly luxury hotel, room service, restaurants & pools all very good. Overall, hotel far too big though.
Great location in Abu Dhabi and definitely a place to visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Phillip D

Dear Phillip,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us in February. Emirates Palace is without a doubt a large hotel in size, and this enables us to offer a plethora of activities and functional facilities within one property. In future, you may request to have your room located at the end of the wing closer to the lobby. If a room is available, we will be happy to accommodate your request.

We value the feedback of all of our guests, as we continuously strive to offer the best accommodation and hospitality in Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

I think that a stay at the 'Palace is an experience one should do at least once in a life: we have been pampered from the moment we arrived to the one we left!!
What I appreciated the most was the service: you had always around someone from the staff -usually more than one person- willing to help!
Rooms were very quiet too and leisure facilities great (I really enjoyed the beach, so huge that seems desert, and the two different pool areas: one for relaxig and the other with water slides, the 'lazy river' and children's game).

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank PiccoloU

Dear Piccolo U,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay with us.

I am happy to hear that you had an exceptional experience at the Palace. We take great pride in the beauty and magnificence of the property. Coupled with our continuous effort to recruit ambitious and professional people to our staff team, I believe we offer a special hospitality experience unrivalled in Abu Dhabi. I will happily share your comments with the rest of my team.