“Deluxe 7 Star Hotel”
Review of Emirates Palace

Emirates Palace
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Indeed, it is a Palace! Absolutely glamerous, beautiful and superb serviced Hotel. Interior and the Exterior are the best that I have ever seen during my travelling for so many years! Everywhere seen the beauty and elegant! We stayed 5 nights (6 days), and there is nothing negative to say and we enjoyed every second of it.

Room Tip: If want to be pampered or to live as prince or princess so stay in here, and you get all what you wa...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Holger S, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear Jayaseeli,

Thank you for your positive review of your stay with us. It was our pleasure to welcome you for 6 days at the Palace, and I am happy to read that you truly enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We flew overnight from Glasgow to Dubai in an Emirates sauna: worst flight we have ever had! The driver who collected us from the airport was brilliant: he stopped at a filling station to buy us bottles of water for the journey and would not take cash for it. We arrived at the Emirates Palace hours before check in but were told the room was immediately available. The check in process was impressive and very welcoming. The hotel is vast and opulent and gives an immediate wow factor. The standard of cleanliness throughout is superb. In such a vast hotel there is a huge management challenge to ensure a consistently high standard of service throughout, and we encountered some bad examples. Our trip was to celebrate my 60th birthday. I am a party animal but on this occasion I decided to forego a large party in favour of this trip. The hotel was advised of my birthday by the travel agent. However on arrival I was disappointed to be told that the prophet Mohammed's birthday was the day after mine, and that from 5.30pm on my birthday until 6.30pm the next day the UAE was dry, and that there would be no music throughout that period. I could, however, have drinks in my room. On my birthday we decided to have afternoon tea. We arrived in the lobby less than halfway through service and I was told they'd run out of food. When I remonstrated the waitress handed me a business card and told me to book ahead in future. I asked a supervisor for the phone number for the Etihad Towers, then a manager arrived and brusquely told me to order tea and that he'd have words with the waitress later. Afternoon tea when it arrived was not the best: tip-try the Etihad Towers instead as I've heard it's better. On the plus side when we returned to our room a butler arrived with a cake. Though we're both non smokers we visited the Havanna Club a couple of times and the service from Katerine and Anthony and other staff was superb. They arranged for the duo to sing happy birthday and presented me with a chocolate cake. There were a number of other examples of great service, but-other tip-pay attention to the house rules and meal times. We paid for half board but it later transpired that this only applies to four of the restaurants. When we went to settle the bill we had to pay for a couple of a la carte meals, with no reduction for the half board status. This was not properly explained at reception, though it was in a badly worded letter we were given at the start of the holiday. We loved the food so just accepted this. In the lobby of the hotel there are security guards and notices saying no photographs beyond this point. Both are largely ignored and one irritation as a guest was having crowds of people milling about taking photos when you are having tea/trying to chill out. Overall the positives outweighed the negatives. We loved the hotel and prefer Abu Dhabi to Dubai. We'll be back!

Room Tip: We prefer the west wing. However the location is brilliant so most would be okay
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrskrankie

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your thorough review on your stay last month, and thank you for choosing to celebrate your birthday at Emirates Palace.

I have noted all of your comments, and will address them individually with the relevant departments. I am happy that you enjoyed your overall stay, and hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you to Emirates Palace again soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Such a huge and massive hotel looks like a fortress....very classic decor snide through the lobby. Excellent reception service.
Rooms are comfortable and pillows are great.
Had a buffet dinner with our company people which was great and it seated all of us which was a good surprise.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank skfmac

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We value the feedback of our guests in a continuous effort to provide the best service and hospitality in Abu Dhabi.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

......and I wasn't even staying here. We only had dinner which was fantastic. Superb service and food. Had a good look around lobby and public areas. The gold dispensing machine in the lobby made me laugh.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael D

Dear Michael,

Thank you for choosing to dine at Emirates Palace. With 14 restaurants and lounges, there are many options to cater to every taste and desire. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Palace soon, whether for dinner or an overnight stay.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Really impressed - didn't want to leave. Fabulous food and service the entire week. Gorgeous beach and pools. Views from our balcony stunning. Everything spotlessly clean. The only slight negative is that the hotel is so huge you feel like you have to walk a mile to get anywhere, so not great for anyone with mobility problems.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SupernannyHelen

Dear Helen,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us last month. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience.

Yes, the Palace is one kilometre from wing to wing, but guests can always request a room closer to the lobby upon making their reservation.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Start from step in the hotel and you can have the feel of royal time, check inn is fast and comfortable everybody smile to you and will help you on the way to the room you know hat you are really in real palace " by the way for the people doesn't know this hotel was build originally as palace for the royal family" room is amazing very large as well the bath nice to have all light control from the bed butler service is there and can give you all what you need in spite that I need to have my tea & coffee bowler but if you ask they bring fast TV remote control is a bit complicated but no big deal . Breakfast is fantastic specially if you sit in terrace with nice view food is just amazing . I like very much the idea of putting big screen shows you if your car is outside the reception that you don't have to wait small touch but its touch :-))

Room Tip: Diamond rooms with sea view
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Moudy E

Dear Moudy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay with us.

I am happy to hear that you had an exceptional experience at the Palace. We take great pride in the beauty and magnificence of the property. I will happily share your comments with the rest of my team.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I and my family intended to stay here as it sort of mentioned that the best hotel in town, more expensive than ritz carlton. Once entering in to the hotel, there're many people wait in line to greet us and that made me felt like...wow great!. Then check in process; There're around 3 people involved in this process and move us, 8 people, to another area near lobby. You know what it took me and my family for almost 30 mins waiting for no reason. I was like this is too much for this 5 star hotel, so I went to the lobby and got a very prompt response right away. Then there's a girl came to bring us to the rooms. Her face was like...so bored and tired and looked so moody. While walking she kept saying she didn't have lunch, the hotel pushed her to work too hard and got less pay. I was like(talking to myself).. do I need to know about this?

The hotel is spacious, grand, and beatiful most of the things in hotel are in gold color to represent the luxury, I suppose. However, the walk way from the lobby to the room quite farrrrr, but given the reason that it help excercise that helps.

Once got into the room, all rooms are on the top floor and that's good. Rooms look similar to images shown in the web. Well, you pay more you get good room that's the rule. Room is equipped with big screen flat TV, and smart mobile like PDA to control electrical switches in the room. For my room, once going to sleep at 1.30am, we couldn't turn off the TV, so we called Butler. He came in very fast kept checking what's wrong and found that the charger didn't work, but he could help switched off TV eventually.

Unfortunately, my nephew got an accident his head hit the bottom part of the chair. We asked for help and the first aid came in very fast, within 5-10 mins. Once finished cleaning, plasterring, and giving the cool pad. I got a bill 200 AED and I had to pay right away.However; I had never experienced that 5 star will charge for 1st aid, but we kept telling ourselves that how lucky that our nephew didn't have to go to hospital.

As a 5 star hotel, the hotel has noticed that tis' our parents 40th aniversary, so we got a chocolate cake and champaign, but those were sent to my room,not my parents room - the girl didn't make good note about who stay in which room, othewise this misunderstood won't happen, but it's good to get it anyway. To me this is a service that hotel can offer to customer which is a plus and that suppose to get more score rating, regardless of hotel stars.

There're 2 swimming pools. The one is simple and quiet, while the other is more relaxation by having cave waterfall, water ride, and kids zone. These 2 pools are so far away by located on the end of each side of building.

If you have time it would say you should walk around the hotel and look through. It's much bigger than anticipated. There're funtion rooms, theatre, prayer's rooms for make and female. Also the ceiling of waiting area for the function room look gorgeous.Let's walk and exrecise in this hotel. Trust me, if you walk from the end of one wind the the end of the other for like twice rounds that's good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Chintana T

Dear Chintana,

Thank you for taking the time to write a thorough review of your stay with us this month. We continuously strive to offer the best accommodation and hospitality in Abu Dhabi, and we appreciate the feedback of guests such as yourself. I will be glad to pass your kind words on to the rest of my team.

I hope you enjoyed your parents enjoyed their 40th anniversary with us. It was our pleasure to welcome you all during this special occasion.