4,069 results
All reviewswest wingcoral roomdiamond roomle vendomegold leafpearl roomkhaleej suitethe burj al arabbutler servicehigh teapure luxuryhalf boardpublic areasluxurious hotelprivate beachamazing hotelcold towels
Reviewed 28 January 2014

One is easily bowled over by the magnificence of this property. It is vast in size, the rooms are large and luxuriously appointed, wonderful amenities and a private beach. Where this facility went wrong is in how some of the staff treated me. I only stayed one night but on the day of departure, my flight left at 2am so I asked for a late check-out over the phone the day before. Well they could not tell me if that was possible but would put a note in my file and I could ask again when I checked in. At check-in, I asked about the late check-out - the front desk person seemed to know nothing of the request. She asked how late did I want. I replied that my flight left at 2am - how late could they give me? She thought about this for a moment and replied 4pm. I took this as it was still better than noon.

Then I ran into a colleague who was on the same flight with me and he had just been given a midnight check-out. Not sure why I was treated differently and the hotel was far, far from full. The next morning coming back from breakfast at around 10am, one of the roving butlers asked when I would be checking out. I told him that I had been given a 4pm late check-out. "Oh, yes sir" was the response and he went away. Then working in my room around 11:45 am, I get a call from the bell staff - did I need help with my bags for check-out. I replied that I was not checking out which seemed to confuse him. Then later that afternoon, again working in my room, housekeeping came in and said they had to make up the room. Again, I had to explain the late check-out but this gentleman was somewhat surly about the whole thing.

I then discovered that my colleague had had the same experience!

Besides all this, the scale of the property was problematic - much too big - and the signage was not easy to figure out. The prices in the restaurants were very high as well even with not adding gold on top of my latte (gold on a latte? really?). The beach facilities are extensive but they were all shut down so that was somewhat of a disappointment.

All in all, I think there could be some improvements made but maybe the place is just too huge to manage.

Room Tip: Ask for a map at reception so you can find your way to your room and back.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John K
Holger S, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I regret to hear about your experience with the late check-out, and I would like to apologize on behalf of my team. This is not reflective of the level of service we are known for, and I will follow this up with my team.

Thank you very much for bringing this matter to my attention so we are able to continuously work on improving our level of service.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I loved this experience from reception to departure. Beautiful? Yes. Outrageously sumptuous? Yes. Fit for a queen? Oh my, yes. If you admire anything in particular in your beautifully appointed room you can buy it. Lovely view overlooking the grounds and Gulf. An excellent choice of restaurants, particularly the Italian and Emerati. Coffee brewed just for you with delicious pastries mid-afternoon where you can enjoy sitting and reading international magazines geared toward polo. The Palace is so large you do need to walk a lot. They offer golf cart drives to the other side of the hotel. Gold everywhere, photo opportunities galore. I never wanted to leave. It's a once in a lifetime experience. I can't rate the spa because we could never find it.

Room Tip: Room with a Gulf view I think would be best. All rooms are quiet, they're built like a fortress.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jbtbpb

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of your stay with us. I am delighted to read that you had an exceptional experience.

On your next return, please do not hesitate to ask any of our staff members about the directions to the Anantara Spa. The Spa is located on the West Wing, near the Beach Club fitness centre, and is an experience you will definitely not want to miss.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at the Emirates palace in December It is truly amazing and the most most luxurious and customer focussed hotel you could stay. Everything about the Emirates palace is perfect, staff, rooms, food, beach, pools, kids club are all outstanding. We took along our grandchildren who were treated like princes and princesses they loved it, and we all can’t wait to go back ! A very special mention too about our Butler Dipack Kumar Das who went the extra mile to ensure our stay was so special ..... he is a real asset to the hotel and his attention to customer service is exceptional.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to welcome you and your family to Emirates Palace in December. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback. I will share, in particular, your kind words with Dipack Kumar Das.

I am exceptionally happy to read that your grandchildren enjoyed the Kids Club. We like to place extra emphasis on our little guests, and hope that they will hold special memories of their time here.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Indeed, it is a Palace! Absolutely glamerous, beautiful and superb serviced Hotel. Interior and the Exterior are the best that I have ever seen during my travelling for so many years! Everywhere seen the beauty and elegant! We stayed 5 nights (6 days), and there is nothing negative to say and we enjoyed every second of it.

Room Tip: If want to be pampered or to live as prince or princess so stay in here, and you get all what you wanted!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear Jayaseeli,

Thank you for your positive review of your stay with us. It was our pleasure to welcome you for 6 days at the Palace, and I am happy to read that you truly enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We flew overnight from Glasgow to Dubai in an Emirates sauna: worst flight we have ever had! The driver who collected us from the airport was brilliant: he stopped at a filling station to buy us bottles of water for the journey and would not take cash for it. We arrived at the Emirates Palace hours before check in but were told the room was immediately available. The check in process was impressive and very welcoming. The hotel is vast and opulent and gives an immediate wow factor. The standard of cleanliness throughout is superb. In such a vast hotel there is a huge management challenge to ensure a consistently high standard of service throughout, and we encountered some bad examples. Our trip was to celebrate my 60th birthday. I am a party animal but on this occasion I decided to forego a large party in favour of this trip. The hotel was advised of my birthday by the travel agent. However on arrival I was disappointed to be told that the prophet Mohammed's birthday was the day after mine, and that from 5.30pm on my birthday until 6.30pm the next day the UAE was dry, and that there would be no music throughout that period. I could, however, have drinks in my room. On my birthday we decided to have afternoon tea. We arrived in the lobby less than halfway through service and I was told they'd run out of food. When I remonstrated the waitress handed me a business card and told me to book ahead in future. I asked a supervisor for the phone number for the Etihad Towers, then a manager arrived and brusquely told me to order tea and that he'd have words with the waitress later. Afternoon tea when it arrived was not the best: tip-try the Etihad Towers instead as I've heard it's better. On the plus side when we returned to our room a butler arrived with a cake. Though we're both non smokers we visited the Havanna Club a couple of times and the service from Katerine and Anthony and other staff was superb. They arranged for the duo to sing happy birthday and presented me with a chocolate cake. There were a number of other examples of great service, but-other tip-pay attention to the house rules and meal times. We paid for half board but it later transpired that this only applies to four of the restaurants. When we went to settle the bill we had to pay for a couple of a la carte meals, with no reduction for the half board status. This was not properly explained at reception, though it was in a badly worded letter we were given at the start of the holiday. We loved the food so just accepted this. In the lobby of the hotel there are security guards and notices saying no photographs beyond this point. Both are largely ignored and one irritation as a guest was having crowds of people milling about taking photos when you are having tea/trying to chill out. Overall the positives outweighed the negatives. We loved the hotel and prefer Abu Dhabi to Dubai. We'll be back!

Room Tip: We prefer the west wing. However the location is brilliant so most would be okay
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrskrankie

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your thorough review on your stay last month, and thank you for choosing to celebrate your birthday at Emirates Palace.

I have noted all of your comments, and will address them individually with the relevant departments. I am happy that you enjoyed your overall stay, and hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you to Emirates Palace again soon.