“Great stay!”
Review of Emirates Palace

Emirates Palace
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We just spent 3 nights at this luxurious hotel and although the decor is not what we would choose, everything is in top shape and well maintained. What we liked most about this hotel is the staff. Everybody we met was extremely friendly and helpful. We want to give a special thanks to our butler Rajish and the concierge Murod (his subtle kindness is rare these days) and the very handsome waiter at the West Pool restaurant (we can’t recall his name). They made the difference for us. The beds are heavenly!!! We will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the suites with sea view and they are very comfortable!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Esselaar
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Essellar,

It was a pleasure to welcome you and your family to Emirates Palace last month. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback. I will share, in particular, your kind words with Rajish and Murod.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Having visited this hotel for a coffee I was really keen to come and stay as a guest with all the hype of it being a self proclaimed 7star hotel. The Hotel itself is beautiful and huge, with vast gardens and a nice private beach. But what makes a hotel 5star or even self proclaimed 7star is the service...which is severely lacking at this hotel.

Having decided to stay at this hotel my wife and I managed to get away for 3nights (from the UK I might add) to come and relax and enjoy what we hoped would be a great break. After a 7 hour flight and having travelled for 2 hours before that to get to Heathrow airport we checked into the hotel which was quick and efficient. Having booked half-board as we were only there for a few nights we decided to grab a bite at the only restaurant open at 10.30 (ones included in the half board option) bearing in mind the restaurant closes at 11.30pm.

We were the only people in the restaurant, and the staff had already started to clear everything up. What was left was dry and unappealing as it was clear the food had been sat out for ages. We tasted some of the food and it was so appalling that we decided to go back to the room and order room service. I filled out a comment card and gave to the butler who delivered the room service to pass on the hotel manager. No manager made contact to discuss this matter during our stay.

Next day we visit the adults pool which was nice and quiet and my wife decided to get a 2hr massage. I didn't want one so decided I would go and use the hotel steam room whilst my wife was getting a massage to be told I would be charged 400AED for the liberty. In all my travels I have never heard of a hotel charging guest to pay for the steam room.

The other issue with this hotel is the lack of English spoken by staff. My wife has a nut allergy and asking staff about nuts in food was like banging your head against the wall. Many staff didn't know what "nut allergy" was, and other "assumed" there were no nuts in as they were unsure. No staff had been trained to use the sentence "let me check with the chef for you"!! We only ate once at the hotel during our stay even though we had paid for the half board option!

On a positive note the Havana club is great and the staff were exceptional there which was a small consolation for our trip.

Overall, lovely hotel but sub standard service. Having travelled the world and stayed at many luxury hotels unfortunately this would not make it on my best 50 hotels list.

Room Tip: Pick a wing depending on whether you will use the family or the adults only pools
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MAC_CAM_10

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I regret to hear about your experience with us, and I would like to apologize on behalf of my team. This is not reflective of the level of service we are known for, and I will follow this up.

Thank you very much for bringing this matter to my attention so we are able to continuously work on improving our level of service.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I am surprised at reading some negative comments on this site.

We have just returned from a 4 night stay at the Emirates Palace having celebrated my 50th birthday there with my husband. We had a Diamond room overlooking the Gulf. The room was delightful and the service of the staff was impeccable. On the day of my birthday we came back from the pool to find complementary Laurent Perrier champagne, a bouquet of red roses and a beautiful chocolate birthday cake from the Hotel thank you to Maria in the office (who must be a simply superb employee) for making this so special for me. The evening of my birthday the Maitre D' in the Seafood restaurant arranged for a saxophonist to play Happy Birthday to me as they brought out our desserts which he had had specially decorated by the chef. The staff around the pool areas were very polite and helpful. Our room was alway immaculately restored each day and the little touches as the slippers and constantly clean robes in the bathroom were nice. The staff are exceptionally helpful without being servile and the service is discrete and not obtrusive in any way. The only slight issue, if I can call it that, is that we had booked and paid for an evening dinner for 4 nights and arriving at around 10.30pm on the first evening were were offered no dining options or refreshment after travelling for the best part of 24 hours. Also the birthday cake was removed from our room at turn down service although we hadn't had chance to eat all of it but these aren't issues which spoiled our wonderful visit to this stunning hotel.

Deborah Amiss
Norwich, UK

Room Tip: We had a diamond room which had a wonderful view across the beach and gulf.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Deborah,

It was a pleasure to have you celebrate your 50th birthday at Emirates Palace. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback. I will share, in particular, your kind words with Maria.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

As name says Its a palace which was turned into a hotel so expect the grandness and elegant arabian style. Prime location and just near by Abu dhabi corniche.
Food is good and hotel is clean. You may see tourists roaming around the lobby who visit to view this beautiful place but there is no disturbance to the hotel guests. Overall a quiet and luxury stay.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Bharath,

Thank you for your positive review of your stay with us.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I was looking for Gallery 1, Google search said Emirates Palace. I called the direct number but there was no answer. I then called the hotel and asked the operator to transfer me over to Gallery One. No one answered and the line got cut off instead of going back to the operator.

I called back and the operator asked asked to transfer me to shop instead. I spoke to the lady for 10 minutes before she told me that there is no Gallery One in the hotel. Furthermore the operator told me that she cannot do anything about the gallery not picking up which does not exist in the hotel.

Well done at yet another typical UAE moronic interaction

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank erfman
Holger S, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for what has happened. I have in the meantime spoken to all concerned and can assure you that we have rectified the situation.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

... but I wanted to try anyway. Emirates Palace is advertised as one of the leading hotels of the world, but in fact I am so disappointed being a guest here.

My travel agent told me in advance not to expect an exceptional hospitality and recommend other hotels in Abu Dhabi. But since its my first time in Abu Dhabi I felt it should be the Palace.

My husband and I just arrived yesterday after two beautiful weeks in Thailand. Check In, our room, service in general doesn't live up to the legend in the least. Food is okay, but all in all that's just not enough for a 6 star rating. Although staff is plenty that does not seem to work out in favor of the customer.

This is my first 3 star rating on Tripadvisor ever and I'm wondering where all those exceptional reports come from. It feels like a huge business hotel and guests are just a number.

Since the layout and luxury of the Palace is something of an attraction when visiting Abu Dhabi I'd recommend to visit for a tea time or a dinner or maybe on one of the many group tours that come here every day for sightseeing and lunch.

With this said I'll try to make the best out of our remaining time in this hotel and not to think about the money we pay for this average experience.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Burningmetravels

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Emirates Palace. I am very sorry to read that your stay with us did not meet your expectations, and I do hope that the remaining days improved.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We stayed here for our honeymoon and from the moment we arrived to the moment we left, we were treated with such respect and the service was exceptional!!
Food and beverages were reasonably priced and tasted sooooo good, security there made you feel safe and special when you were going back to your rooms, you have a 24hr butler to take care of your every need, and the services there were amazing (like the golf buggy that takes you for a tour around the entire palace).
The room was spectacular!!!! So lavish and luxurious, and had anything and everything you need.
There even was a Bedouin and his camels on the beach!!! I loved this touch!! Made it feel so authentic!!
We had the BBQ al quasr for dinner (BBQ on the beach) and it was spectacular, we had the meat platter, so tasty and amazing that words cannot explain.
There's a gold vending machine and so I couldn't resist buying a pendant.

If we were ever back in Abu Dhabi we would definitely stay here again, but we would have to stay for much longer!!!!!
You'll never want to leave :)

Room Tip: We stayed in the coral room, we enjoyed it here :) but any room would be amazing
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of your stay with us. I am happy to read that you had a great experience, and enjoyed our attention to detail.