“The one place to visit before you leave this earth”
Review of Emirates Palace

Emirates Palace
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 25 February 2014

8 fantastic Arabic nights in this marvelous hotell is like a dream and a fairytail. I know this might sound like a cliche but seriously - I'm not sure any words can describe the feeling of wakeing up every morning at that fantastic place - you need to have experienced it. Remember - this was not buildt as a hotell - this was the Kings Palace!
We travelled as a family with our son that is 13 years old. You might think that this is all luxury and no place for kids. But they had done an amazing job to integrate the activities and agelimits on the different locations. We were at the spa all three of us and they were very kind and professional also with our son.
We lived in the East Wing (the East and The West Wing is exactly alike) but the swimmingpool and the area around is not the same. At the East Wing it is more for for families with small children. The playarea is outside the West Wing.
We tried all the different restaurants and coffeeshops and of course not everyone was as good as you hoped for. You need to go to Hakkasan - the best food ever. Stay away from the Italian Restaurant - the food and the service was not as good as it should be.
But overall the service was great - the concierges were the best one's we had ever meet. Either it was car-rental, transportating, consert-tickets, where was the best place to see the footballmatch between Arsenal and Liverpool etc. They knew it all.
We did however end up with complaining a little on the room-cleaning - but they fixed it right away in a very professional way.
So - it is a must to go there once in your life
PS! The Burj al Arab cannot even get close to the measures of Emirates Palace.

Room Tip: For families with kids - choose the West Wing - for those who do not want kids around - choose the E...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank JuneAnette
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear June,

Thank you for your kind review of your stay with us. I am happy to read that you had a great experience, and enjoyed your vacation with your husband and son.

If you happen to return to Abu Dhabi in April over the Easter weekend this year, please make sure to visit us again, as we will be having a lot of great activities for children of all ages – including teens!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

For a tourist Abu Dhabi has 2 major atractions and this is one of them.
It is an atraction in itself ( not only a lodging place ) because of its size, its design, its location and the amount of money spend on it.
Money not always means a hotel becomes, because of it, a nice place to stay. In the Palace case the extravagance of spending such an amount of money can only be understood as a way of puting Abu Dhabi on the map, an this they achieved.
The proportions of the building, the quantity of marble, the height of the celings, the brass fixtures, the chandeliers, the carpets everything is of unique dimension worth seeing.
The overall impression is exactly that of a Palace only to find in the India of the maharajas.
The rooms are large, beds very good, big bathrooms, 5 or 6 restaurants, 2 pools, a beautifull private beach, gym, spa, etc etc, everything outstanding.
The staff is very well trained and kind above average.
I recommend it as a world experience and it is obvious there is nothing not even similar in the whole city if you can afford the rates.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank guillermohoter

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay with us.

I am happy to hear that you had an exceptional experience at the Palace. We take great pride in the beauty and magnificence of the property. I will happily share your comments with the rest of my team.

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I had very high expectations, and I think going there right after the burj al Arab was a bad decision because I just came from the best service I've ever had so I was very disappointed. The staff is not trained well at all, communication was difficult and they acted inconvenienced when we asked for something. The place is massive and when they took us to our room they didn't explain where anything is we didn't figure it out until the last day. When I asked him where the main lobby was so I could go explore since we were checked in on the east wing convention hall he said there isn't a main lobby! I guess he didn't understand me. It was very frustrating. We were in a diamond standard room and it was like a micro room, so small and no double sinks and very small bathroom. We tried to upgrade but the next step up was a huge very expensive suite and since we were there for business I didn't think it was worth it. So it was only 2 nights so we just dealt with it but it was very claustrophobic. The decor in the whole hotel was very beautiful though and very clean and extremely well taken care . The location and views were extraordinary. It was sad that such a gorgeous place had such bad service. Except for the girls who worked in the palace lounges. They were amazing girls who really treated us special. The lounges were complimentary refreshments and snacks though out the day. They were amazing for breakfast. I ordered eggs Benedict one day that was so delicious! So that was a plus. Overall I think it was more of a business hotel with not a lot of frills. If you are going for a luxury vacay then stay at the Shangri La or someplace else.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Jesikavegas

Dear Jesika,

I am very sorry to read that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. This is not reflective of the level of service we are known for, and I will follow this up thoroughly with my team.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

We just spent 3 nights at this luxurious hotel and although the decor is not what we would choose, everything is in top shape and well maintained. What we liked most about this hotel is the staff. Everybody we met was extremely friendly and helpful. We want to give a special thanks to our butler Rajish and the concierge Murod (his subtle kindness is rare these days) and the very handsome waiter at the West Pool restaurant (we can’t recall his name). They made the difference for us. The beds are heavenly!!! We will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the suites with sea view and they are very comfortable!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Esselaar

Dear Essellar,

It was a pleasure to welcome you and your family to Emirates Palace last month. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback. I will share, in particular, your kind words with Rajish and Murod.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

Having visited this hotel for a coffee I was really keen to come and stay as a guest with all the hype of it being a self proclaimed 7star hotel. The Hotel itself is beautiful and huge, with vast gardens and a nice private beach. But what makes a hotel 5star or even self proclaimed 7star is the service...which is severely lacking at this hotel.

Having decided to stay at this hotel my wife and I managed to get away for 3nights (from the UK I might add) to come and relax and enjoy what we hoped would be a great break. After a 7 hour flight and having travelled for 2 hours before that to get to Heathrow airport we checked into the hotel which was quick and efficient. Having booked half-board as we were only there for a few nights we decided to grab a bite at the only restaurant open at 10.30 (ones included in the half board option) bearing in mind the restaurant closes at 11.30pm.

We were the only people in the restaurant, and the staff had already started to clear everything up. What was left was dry and unappealing as it was clear the food had been sat out for ages. We tasted some of the food and it was so appalling that we decided to go back to the room and order room service. I filled out a comment card and gave to the butler who delivered the room service to pass on the hotel manager. No manager made contact to discuss this matter during our stay.

Next day we visit the adults pool which was nice and quiet and my wife decided to get a 2hr massage. I didn't want one so decided I would go and use the hotel steam room whilst my wife was getting a massage to be told I would be charged 400AED for the liberty. In all my travels I have never heard of a hotel charging guest to pay for the steam room.

The other issue with this hotel is the lack of English spoken by staff. My wife has a nut allergy and asking staff about nuts in food was like banging your head against the wall. Many staff didn't know what "nut allergy" was, and other "assumed" there were no nuts in as they were unsure. No staff had been trained to use the sentence "let me check with the chef for you"!! We only ate once at the hotel during our stay even though we had paid for the half board option!

On a positive note the Havana club is great and the staff were exceptional there which was a small consolation for our trip.

Overall, lovely hotel but sub standard service. Having travelled the world and stayed at many luxury hotels unfortunately this would not make it on my best 50 hotels list.

Room Tip: Pick a wing depending on whether you will use the family or the adults only pools
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MAC_CAM_10

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I regret to hear about your experience with us, and I would like to apologize on behalf of my team. This is not reflective of the level of service we are known for, and I will follow this up.

Thank you very much for bringing this matter to my attention so we are able to continuously work on improving our level of service.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I am surprised at reading some negative comments on this site.

We have just returned from a 4 night stay at the Emirates Palace having celebrated my 50th birthday there with my husband. We had a Diamond room overlooking the Gulf. The room was delightful and the service of the staff was impeccable. On the day of my birthday we came back from the pool to find complementary Laurent Perrier champagne, a bouquet of red roses and a beautiful chocolate birthday cake from the Hotel thank you to Maria in the office (who must be a simply superb employee) for making this so special for me. The evening of my birthday the Maitre D' in the Seafood restaurant arranged for a saxophonist to play Happy Birthday to me as they brought out our desserts which he had had specially decorated by the chef. The staff around the pool areas were very polite and helpful. Our room was alway immaculately restored each day and the little touches as the slippers and constantly clean robes in the bathroom were nice. The staff are exceptionally helpful without being servile and the service is discrete and not obtrusive in any way. The only slight issue, if I can call it that, is that we had booked and paid for an evening dinner for 4 nights and arriving at around 10.30pm on the first evening were were offered no dining options or refreshment after travelling for the best part of 24 hours. Also the birthday cake was removed from our room at turn down service although we hadn't had chance to eat all of it but these aren't issues which spoiled our wonderful visit to this stunning hotel.

Deborah Amiss
Norwich, UK

Room Tip: We had a diamond room which had a wonderful view across the beach and gulf.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Deborah,

It was a pleasure to have you celebrate your 50th birthday at Emirates Palace. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback. I will share, in particular, your kind words with Maria.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

As name says Its a palace which was turned into a hotel so expect the grandness and elegant arabian style. Prime location and just near by Abu dhabi corniche.
Food is good and hotel is clean. You may see tourists roaming around the lobby who visit to view this beautiful place but there is no disturbance to the hotel guests. Overall a quiet and luxury stay.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Bharath,

Thank you for your positive review of your stay with us.