“Christmas Paradise”

Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Congleton, United Kingdom
“Christmas Paradise”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Emirates Palace for two weeks in December. We have stayed all over the world in some fantastic hotels and this hotel was up there with the best. We were made to feel very welcome from when we arrived at the hotel until we departed. The atmosphere in the hotel is lovely and you feel so secure. The food was excellent and my husband was given a beautiful birthday cake during our stay. The rooms were always kept very clean and anything you used was quickly replaced. All of the staff we came into contact with were exceptional. You are acknowledged by everyone. I must stress that all of the security staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. We enjoyed walking along the beach and to the marina most days. We cycled on the bikes provided by the hotel. We also enjoyed the swimming pools. The staff around the swimming pools were very helpful and polite. We found paradise here. We would recommend this hotel to anyone. We have already booked to go back in December 2014 because we enjoyed it so much.

Room Tip: The East Wing was very quiet. I do not think you can go wrong with any room at this hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback on your stay with us in December. It was a pleasure to host you and your husband during his birthday.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace this coming December.

Holger Schroth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
spain
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We went for traditional afternoon tea today. We have been to the Burj so this was new one for us.

Beautiful building and very professional and courteous staff.

The tea setting was very good with a lady singer and a piano being played just around the corner.

The Champagne was just right,the choice of teas on offer amazing and the high tea--well--we should have had one between us. It is a very large offering per person and I can eat but it did defeat me. Our two lady servers were both gracious and graceful in delivering a wonderful experience and very well done to them.

Sure it will cost you but enjoy the ambiance of the beautiful hotel and its dining areas,have a drink served to you as if you were a king or queen by very well trained and elegant staff.

Remember you only live once and life is short ,so get out there and enjoy it.

Dear Alexander,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your Afternoon Tea experience with us.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the Afternoon Tea. I will happily share your comments with the rest of my team.

Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Since The moment I arrived, I felt as a Rotalty, The hotel is amazing, the staff is wonderful.
I stayed in the Palace Pearl Suite which is really luxurious, great, big with a spectacular balcony and a personal butler service.
There are many restaurants To choose, but I ate at Diwan L’Auberge, where I experienced a delicious traditional Lebanese cuisine, also I ate at Hakkasan which serves a delightful chinese food. Le café and the room service are excellent....

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay with us this month. We continuously strive to offer the best accommodation and hospitality in Abu Dhabi, and we appreciate the feedback of guests such as yourself. I will be glad to pass your kind words on to the rest of my team.

Nieuwegein, The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed here last week. What an experience!

Checkin was very smoothly. We had arranged a free room upgrade.
The room looked nice, the staff was very friendly and the service is phenomenal.

The hotel is located on a 10 minutes walk from the Corniche road.

The only thing I can be less enthusiastic about is the size of the hotel. A walk from your hotelroom to the breakfast restaurant could take up to 10 minutes.

Yeah, it's expensive to stay but totally worth it.
Looking forward to come back at this place.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am happy to hear that you had an exceptional stay at the Palace. Yes, the hotel is an impressive1 kilometre from wing to wing, and we take great pride in the beauty and magnificence of the property.

Oldsmar, Florida
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I typically read several reviews before trying to start my own and I am a little startled by a fe of the negative reviews. I have been to hotels around the world and this hotel ranks right among the best I have ever stayed at in any country. For a hotel that has a reputed 4 employees for every guest, there will be one or two employees out of 1600 that will slip through the cracks. Focus on the hundreds of great people and the incredible surroundings. The service inexperienced was exceptional in every aspect but at the restaraunts. One thing people have to note at this place is the staff is trained to never interrupt a customer and to let the customer initiate the order. If you don't step up and ask, you will never get what you want at this place. In addition, who are these people who expect the staff to speak their language? This is their country and unless you are speaking their language, don't complain. Most every person I had interactions with worked very hard to communicate the best they could in my language.
The palace itself is beyond amazing! The only thing close are the hotels in Las Vegas but where everything in Vegas is a facade, everything you see at this hotel is real! Real marble, real crystals, real china, real artifacts all over the place, and most of all, real GOLD! Thereis Gold everywhere...on your fries, your Camel Burger ( little gamey but where else you gonna get a camel burger?), in your pico and on your cheesecake. I had a lot of gold in me when I left!
The room service was great...your personal room butler will shine your shoese every day if you like! The turndown service offered up something nice each day and if you did not want to be disturbed, turn on the light and the world could come to an end and they would not bother you!
Couple of notes, not complaints but notes...bath items were a little below par, the lights in the room were hard to get right, you will walk...ALOT! The music in the night club is too loud, not just for old people...for anybody! Some things to make sure you don't miss....couple of guys out by the family, lazy river pool were giving free Camel Rides while we were there...eat one then ride one :) Smoking a Cuban in the Havana Bar, afore mentioned Lazy River and waterslide! The Gold to Go ATM...the beautiful art and artifacts all over the place...slow down and really check them out.
take this whole place in and realize just how impressive a place this is...itis a once in a lifetime hotel..overlook the petty everyday problems and really take it all in...there are memories of a lifetime you can make here.

Room Tip: If you can afford a view over the water try for this...the water is the most beautiful turquoise I h...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank dleslievol
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous review of your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you had an exceptional experience at the Palace. We take great pride in the beauty and magnificence of the property, and all the services that we offer. I will happily share your comments with the rest of my team.

Stamford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed 28 February 2014

You do feel like royalty staying at this hotel. It is beautifully decorated inside and out. Even standard rooms have lovely amenities: robes, slippers, all the toiletries you need, large bath tub… My room also had a large balcony. I assume views on both sides are great as you have the beach on one and the city on the other. There is a lot of staff everywhere and you need it not to get lost. The hotel is very big and you'd need at least 5 minutes to walk anywhere, which may be a nuisance to some. There is a dress code on the property and guests are politely asked not to wear beachwear outside the beach...
Some of my colleagues staying at the same hotel mentioned that TV cable system is outdated and it takes long time to start the TV and switch between channels.
There is no tea or coffee in the room, but it is offered for free with your wake-up call (you have to pay for it any other time of the day)
There are no shuttles of any sort, you can take a taxi or a more luxurious car to get around.
It is close to the Marina Mall and the Corniche promenade.

Room Tip: The rooms where there are two beds have twin beds, rather than queen.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Marina V
Dear Marina,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on of your stay with us. We value the feedback of our guests in a continuous effort to provide the best service and hospitality in Abu Dhabi.

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I am writing this review based on the fact we are a normal working class family and have saved up for this trip and don't manage to stay in resorts like this every week.

Prior to arriving at Abu Dhabi i contacted the hotel to book the BMW 7 series (£65 each way) to collect us from the airport and take us to the hotel, well to our surprise literally 5 steps off the aircraft we were greeted by a member of staff from the hotel, she took our hand luggage and passports and we followed her all the way to immigration and walked straight to the front of the que got our passports checked by immigration and went straight through the airport and out to our car waiting for us, we were in the airport literally 10 minutes, very impressive.

On arrival at the Hotel we were greeted by the reception staff and they presented my baby daughter with a camel teddy and the mrs with some flowers, we were then guided through the hotel to our room and they completed the check in process in the comfort of our room which i liked, then the east wing Butler introduced himself and basically said anything you need call me and i will get you it.

The hotel pools and beach are all fantastic, restaurants are expensive and you will pay a lot for food and drink but thats just what you have to pay being one of the worlds best hotels. Example Beer £7 Spag Bol £35-40 a few nights we ate over the road in the Hilton and the Etihad Towers which are both cheaper, there are two pool restaurants which are great and easily big enough to share if on a budget, also room service is fantastic. We shared a curry one night in room service, we told them this on the phone, and 2 sets of plates/cutlery arrived. It was more than big enough to share! There are bikes guests can use at their own leisure to cycle the grounds, also kids play areas outside the west wing with a variety sports throughout the week guests can book and take part in.

Others have mentioned you have to do so much walking, basically you don't it takes around 6 minutes to walk to reception, also outside your wing beach club their are golf carts that will take you anywhere on the property for free.

We requested to move rooms 3 days in due to the fact our garden was in the shade throughout the day, the manager came to my room less then 10 minutes later and had us moved within an hour, the butler then arranged to have 2 sun loungers delivered to our garden to spend some private time sun bathing while the baby played in the little garden, which was great.

Every single person who worked for this hotel would greet you with a smile on their face whenever they saw you, all the staff did anything in their power to help you to get you anything you wanted which to me is first class. And they loved the baby! Always getting attention!!

Ok a few tips because this is what people forget to mention when writing these reviews.
Each day you get Unlimited free water in the room, 6 cans of soft drink free per day, also a tray of fruit, I asked for a selection of fruit and the butler had it in my room in minutes - free.
We took our water from our room to the pool and asked for an ice bucket.
The room gets serviced when you want it, but on average once daily and you can get the bed-down service in the evening, this gives you a potential 4 shower gels 4 shampoos 4 conditioners and 4 body lotions per day, also the other extras dental kit, shaving kit, etc etc.

Overall an excellent hotel.

Room Tip: unlimited free water in the rooms, 6 cans of free soft drinks per day in the room, free fruit bowl d...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank north12345john
Dear John,

It was a pleasure to have you, your wife, and your beautiful daughter at Emirates Palace last month. Thank you for sharing your kind review. I am happy to hear that you had an exceptional experience.