“great stay”

Ranked #6 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Manchester, United Kingdom
“great stay”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

wonderful hotel , fabulous surroundings and beautiful food . everywhere you stay in the future will be poor in comparison. GREAT holiday. The staff are great too. the hotel has the real WOW factor and is truly remarkable

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank emma g
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear Emma,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to Emirates Palace last year. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience with your family.

Holger Schroth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We had visited here before on a day trip from Dubai and promised myself to stay here one day, well that day (actually two) finally came. Within the hotel be aware that dress code is fairly strict.. Both women and men should be respectful in their dress with covered knees, shoulders, no flip flops etc.By the pool in the private grounds is fine though.

Our room was very nice, not perfect though. The huge HD TV had next to no HD channels so wasn't great quality. Our garden view was more of a car park view and the general decor while sumptuous is a little dated, but still very nice. Our butler (yes butler you read it right) was really helpful and friendly. The staff were all very professional.

The grounds are sprawling.. we were at the west end which I think was probably the best end, close to the main pool and a short stroll from the beach. The hotel have a few camels which were being well looked after and had two friendly handlers. The lazy river was good with lovely warm pool water and waterfalls, very nice. The non motorised water sports were free too and again very helpful and friendly attendants. Beach service was very good, refreshments and sun cream on request (not free I might add).

We tried the Etoile restaurant and found the food and service excellent and again attentive and friendly.

Don't forget to have a stroll out front of the hotel to see the fountains. The new emirates towers are now finished although another building is nearly finished next door. They certainly spoil the photos of the palace.. Checkout is midday with no flexibility. No complaints though it is a first class hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul W
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback on your stay with us.

We value the feedback of our guests in a continuous effort to provide the best service and hospitality in Abu Dhabi.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace soon.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Emirates Palace is a super luxury hotel in Abu Dhabi. We went there not to stay but to look around. We had engaged a car on rent and our driver took us straightaway into the parking lot. There was no slot available to park and we had to circle around a couple of times before we saw a car leaving. From an elevator there we entered the main lobby. What a place it was! Its ambience, enriched by amber and gold colour schemes, was overwhelming. The hotel had many floors and we went to a few just wandering. We were told that it had an ATM-like vending machine to dispense gold coins marked "Emirates Palace." We could not locate it. Emirates Palace is certainly an iconic structure in Abu Dhabi.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Subbaram,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your visit to Emirates Palace with your family last month.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your walk through the Palace. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Lanark, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We have been fortunate enough to stay at The Emirates Palace several times in the past few years. We keep going back because the experience is always the same.

We were in awe of the hotel on our first visit. However, having got over the scale and opulence of the setting it is the service provided by the staff that attracts us back. From the second you walk out of your vehicle you receive a consistently warm and authentic response from everyone you encounter. It is the authenticity of the staff that impresses us. From front of house to the housekeeping staff they are all the same, helpful and friendly and very good at what they all do.

The hotel is always spotless.

The food is excellent as are the facilities. The walk to one's room will not be to everyone's liking as it is a big hotel but we just loved the feeling of space and privacy which pervades through the hotel.

We shall be back!

Room Tip: The higher up the better the view. East Wing has fewer children
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is always such a pleasure to welcome you back to the Palace.

I am happy to hear that you continue to have an exceptional stay. We all take great pride in the beauty and magnificence of the property, and in the service that we provide our guests every day. I am delighted to hear that you continue to be impressed with the service.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Emirates Palace, the best hotel. My first time lived in so huge hotel, with excellent service. During checkin, flower would be given to ladies. Beside, I booked a coral room, and I am willing to pay more to get a diamond room (I would like to have sea view). Actually, the staff told me they have already upgraded me to a suite, how wonderful. My check in was around 11:00, they said that need an hour, around 12:00, I could get the suite. Of course, I could wait. Therefore, I walk around the hotel, huge and amazing. Around 12:20, they called and the room was ready. The Chinese Staff took me to the room, a long walk, as it is the last room in East Wing, walked around 10 minutes. The staff also introduced the facility in the room and hotel, nice serivce and provided a thank you letter. the room included a privete notebook. Whole hotel with wifi (not include in the beach)
The suite is large, I lived alone, and a balcony with a nice sea view.
I walked around the hotel, nice beach and swimming pool. The day I arrived was raining, nodody in the beach, just like a private beach for me. There was golf car for transfer if you do not want to walk. I like walking, no use the car.
my package is half board, included dinner and breakfast. The restaurants were good, love the seafood and cheese. drink is excluded.
The check out date, the staff also provided me a small gift, a book clip with gold color, very beautiful.
usually, the guests went here by taxi or car. I am only a budget traveller, went by bus, short walk, around 5 minutes for arrival, but when you leave the hotel, need around 15 minutes walk to the bus stop. Therefore, I recommend, you could use taxi when leave.
Finally, thanks for all staff providing a good service to me.

Room Tip: sea view is a must, choose a suitable room type.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ytw330
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay with us last month. We continuously strive to offer the best accommodation and hospitality in Abu Dhabi, and we appreciate the feedback of guests such as yourself. I will be glad to pass your kind words on to the rest of my team.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Situated on the Corniche within beautifully manicured grounds is the Emirates Palace. It covers an expanse of 850,000 square metres from entry to it's private beach which stretches over 1km.

Having driven several hours from Dubai I was caught out by security on entry, 'No shorts sir'! In fact they were three quarters. They wouldn't budge so I pulled up a pair of jeans roadside. Then they requested to see my reservation!

Aside from this, the hotel and experience was pretty amazing; overwhelming at times. It's run by the Kempinski group but owned the Abu Dhabi government. Kempinski are notorious for their glamour and opulent decor; many suites are finished in gold and marble. And apparently there are suites reserved for the Emarati Royal Family. Nice. I asked to have a look but refused with a smile.

Staff are hot on customer service, very professional and friendly.The pools, beach, gardens and restaurants are excellent. Prices within the restaurants are very reasonable considering the location and numerous facilities are included in the room rate eg snorkeling, kayaking and equipment hire.

The hotel is busy at weekends with Arabs from Saudi, Oman, Kuwait and of course wealthy locals too. For best rates avoid public holidays but if price is your primary concern then this hotel isn't for you.

You have a choice of staying put to admire the Palace and make use of its facilities or alternatively go explore Abu Dhabi.

Finally, the palace has underground parking for 2,500 cars or if you prefer to fly in it has it's own helipad - I wonder if you arrived in shorts by air?!

Room Tip: Request a sea or garden facing room on a high floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ISSAT
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to Emirates Palace last month. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience, and I will happily share your comments with my team.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Emirates Palace is impressive but cold. At least there is a decent coffee shop in the main area. The food is good and the teas and coffees are impressive. Best aspect is the delightful Australian pianist. She is lovely and professional and something which is in short supply in the UAE...and true musical talent. She adds a bit of gravitas to the hotel. Go there just to listen to her perform.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Carey,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We value the feedback of our guests in a continuous effort to provide the best service and hospitality in Abu Dhabi, and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in Le Café.