“Incredible”
Review of Emirates Palace

Emirates Palace
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed in April for Easter and it was another awesome stay.

Kids club was the same high standard (Charity, Rozita, Alfred and Jonathan are just adored by the kids!)..

I have previously mentioned the resort and the highest standards that this hotel sets (If you're going to the UAE - take some time out and visit Abu Dhabi for a stay at this hotel)

I want to especially mention Franzisca Meir (Reservations Manager) - this last has added a breath of fresh air since she joined the hotel.

We had always booked through travel agents previously but Franzisca joined last year and since then we have made 3 bookings directly with the hotel rather than using agents as her professionalism and personal touch in handling the bookings (as we can be awkward customers at the best of times!) has been the difference.

Likewise, one of the most senior managers of the hotel, Alexander Scheider, took the time (again) to pop over when we were checking out and spend a few moments talking to the family ensuring we had a good stay - it's these small but important touches that show this hotel as being so incredible - Dubai has '7 star' standard hotels (Jumeirah chain is by far the best in Dubai!) but in Abu Dhabi Emirates Palace takes the trophy (even though there is a Jumeirah just across the road) -

The property has enough said about it on these posts - awe inspiring and opulent!

Not enough is said though about the people that make this hotel special..

Thank you Franzisca, Alexander and your entire team!

Room Tip: West Wing for families - if possible go for the Khaleej Suite - but all rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank AbdulR M
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Abdul,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is always such a pleasure to welcome you back to the Palace.

I am happy to hear that you continue to have an exceptional stay. We all take great pride in the beauty and magnificence of the property, and in the service that we provide our guests every day. I am delighted to hear that you continue to be impressed with the service.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We spent 3 nights here in April after flying in from the UK.

Our rental car was unloaded and swept away by the valet service. We were greeted and escorted to reception where our documents were processed and keys obtained. The keys are Gold coloured coins. We were then escorted by a charming hostess who explained the features of the grand lobbies as we made the long walk to the hotels West wing. Although the hotel was at full occupancy it felt as if we might have been the only people there. The opulence and grandeur continues through to the accommodation wings. Four open floors look down on to ground floor features of fountains, stone gardens and palm trees.

Our room was a standard "pearl" room but was much larger than I was expecting. The large spacious balcony overlooked the family pool area, with fantastic views on to the Emir's palace. The bedroom and bathroom were opulent and grand. My only criticism would be the slightly unreliable technology. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get the TV to work. Eventually I gave up and asked the butler to sort it out. Unfortunately he couldn't either (which cheered me up) and had to summon somebody from tech/IT. Eventually it was resolved. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was grand and well equipped. The room is well serviced with bottles of water, and a nice touch is that six cans of soft drink are provided "gratis" each day in the minibar. The only thing slightly missed was Tea/Coffee making facilities. Although they can be requested through the Butler, they are chargeable, and sometimes it nice to simply have the facility en-suite
without having to summon anybody else.

The hotel itself is on a grand scale, however despite it's size there are only around 400 suites and rooms. The majority of the rooms are in the two wings which are a considerable distance apart. As many other people have said, the West wing is great for families, as this is proximate to the enormous family swimming pool and slides / Lazy river facility. With our 11 year old son, we had a fantastic and relaxing time for two days. There are an abundance of sunbeds around the pools and on the beach, and nothing ever felt crowded, In fact quite the reverse. Attendants would regularly come around with ice cold towels and other small food treats. There were bikes available to sign out and ride around the beautifully landscaped and extensive hotel grounds.

There were plenty of friendly lifeguards around the pools, and the kids (and adults) had a great time. The two slides were small but fun, and the lazy river was lengthy with plenty of bridge waterfalls and other features.

Breakfast (not included with our rate) was quite expensive at around £35 each (but half price for our son) and the quality of the buffet was excellent. It is quite a long walk from the wings to le Vendome restaurant (where the breakfast is principally served.) So if you are not hungry when you wake up, you will be by the time you have walked there.

All of the staff we came into contact with were friendly and helpful. We had a great stay and wouldn't hesitate to go back or recommend it to anybody else. For families and business travellers alike, it has not only something for everybody, but without doubt it has so much space that you will feel the place is half empty most of the time.

Do it!

Room Tip: Fourth floor overlooking the pool in the West wing. All of the rooms (rather than the suites) are th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jetdriver

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay with us last month. We continuously strive to offer the best accommodation and hospitality in Abu Dhabi, and we appreciate the feedback of guests such as yourself. I will be glad to pass your kind words on to the rest of my team.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Very iconic, lovely beach and great setting. Staff are fantastic, very senior management perhaps let the rest of the staff down. That said, I fell and hurt myself and the staff bent over backward to help me during my staff.

Room Tip: rooms, corner suite slightly bigger, otherwise ok.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Andrea S

Dear Andrea,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback on your stay with us this month.

We value the feedback of our guests in a continuous effort to provide the best service and hospitality in Abu Dhabi.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace soon.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I went to this hotel I really liked it because
-I stayed in the royal suite
-amazing food
-great service
-amazing buffet

I really wished I could stay in the royal suite again but the next time I went there is stayed in another suite that still was much better than burj al arab (the worst 7 star hotel)
I really want to meet the owner of this hotel and tell him how awesome my stay was!

Room Tip: Pic a high floor and a suite because they are great(:
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Enzo D

Dear Enzo,

It was an absolutely pleasure to welcome you to Emirates Palace last August. Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay.

I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with the property and the service. We continuously strive to offer the best accommodation and hospitality in Abu Dhabi, and we appreciate the feedback of guests such as yourself. I will be glad to pass your kind words on to the rest of my team.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Just spent 2 nights in the emirates palace.
The decoration is not my style but wanted to experience this hotel as expected the service to be impeccable. Well, it was 'ok' but not really more than that.
Staff was kind and helpfull but very stiff and not flexible. This place lacks a 'soul', a good vibe. People should be encouraged to smile more, to get a more personal feel.
First noght turndown service arrived at 18.15h and Inlet them in but told that I wanted it after 20.00 next day. Next day again doorbell rang at 18.15 so i declined and asked to come back after20.00...they never showed up.
Also please improve staff's level of English : they have trouble to communicate between each other making that they ask guests few times same question.
At breakfast organize teams per group of tables...within 2 minutes we had 3 waiters at our table and each bringing one thing or taking one thing away instead of doing it in an efficient way...because of that staff thinks they re overworked and clients wait longer for simple things as coffee.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

With a 4:1 staff to guest ratio, we are continuously striving to improve our level of service. Thank you for your honest feedback. Please rest assured that I have taken your feedback up with the team.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Make no mistake, tis is a real Palace. It's grandiose, it's gold everywhere , it's too much but it's great. The interiors are just out of this world.

The rooms are weel appointed, good decro and witha balcony. You have a butler who will take care of your needs which is simply the best.The personnel is friendly.

The checkin process was slow as if they did not know we were arriving.

We ate at the Chinese restaurant and the Libanese restaurant . Excellent food , good and polite service. Excellent breakfast buffet and you can sit outside to eat.

This is the place to stay in Abu Dhabi, don't hesitate it is not that expensive for that level of quality, service and to be treated as a sultan...

Room Tip: any room...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Norm_traveler

Dear Norm,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to Emirates Palace in March. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The hotel itself is amazing, it is real palace. The architect will amaze you but, this is super expensive based on their service.
We have a suite room and upon the check in we faced with some problem with AIr conditioner. It didnt work for an hour, technical came to our room and finally after an hour they could fix it, the tv in room's reception was out of order and they changed the TV!! The bathroom looks so old.
I know it happened sometimes but in such kind of hotel you do not expect these things.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mohajerani

Dear Mohajerani,

Please accept my sincere apologies for what has happened. I have in the meantime spoken to all concerned.

Thank you very much for bringing this matter to my attention so we are able to continuously work on improving our level of service.