“A Truly And Kingsly sprawling Property in Abu Dhabi, UAE”
Review of Emirates Palace

Emirates Palace
Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 14 May 2014

An "Excellent" rating is far too short for a par excellence property.
A truly Palatial and sprawling property, befitting king style. Avast and sprawling property, ad-measuring a few hectares, with its private beach running into kilometers plus, Grand Lobbies, extremely rich and crafty interiors of Public Areas, Main Central Large Central Atrium.
The lowest priced Guest-rooms are king-size too.
All the Guest rooms have grand vies of either Beach, the sprawling Swimming Pools with inbuilt water slides, floor mounted Jacuzzi and et all.

Very well appointed and lavishly furnished Guest Rooms, with Extra-King size Beds, sitting area, study area desk, extra large Flat Screen Television, DVD, music systems etc. etc.
The Toilets are of a large size, with options of either Bath-Tub/Shower Cabin etc etc.

Above ALL the Staff, including the front office Managers, Front office reception, the "Ushers", to room boys/maidens, not forgetting the security, ALL of whom greet you with a grace and smiling.

Will love to visit again

Room Tip: All the Rooms have unique views. May be the West Wing Rooms, facing the sprawling Swimming Pool and...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us this month.

I am happy to hear that you had an exceptional stay at the Palace. Yes, the hotel is an impressive 1 kilometre from wing to wing, and we take great pride in the beauty and magnificence of the property, complimented by the quality of our service.

Holger Schroth

Write a ReviewReviews (3,513)

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I have stayed at Emirates Palace on February 2014 for a long weekend and I couldn't be happier with the service received. The Hotel rooms are massive and the top quality amenities. The bed is comfortable and some rooms have a little patio. I appreciate the fact that the gardens (amazing) and the pools were exclusive for hotel guests, otherwise would get crouded as the lobby area. The quality of the breakfast is 7 stars and the staff is extremely friendly. I would like to leave a special thank you to Elsa from the breakfast restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joao G

Dear Joao,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to Emirates Palace in February. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience, and enjoyed the facilities and services. I will pass your message on to Elsa.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

As many have said this hotel is amazing, opulence on a grand scale. The staff are everywhere, attentive and friendly, making a massive fuss of our two young boys whenever we venture out. The reception you receive the moment you arrive is second to none. The family pools, the main reason we booked this hotel, have not disappointed. There is a toddler pool with shades, a large family pool plus the lazy river and slides. There is also a children's play area. Sun loungers are dotted around the grounds so there is plenty of space for everyone.

We are staying here on a 3 night stopover on our way from London to Australia and our room was booked through Etihad Airways. Our booking form to EA stated we had 2 children, a 2 y.o. and a baby. When we got to our room a fold away bed was brought in for our toddler but we were refused a cot for our baby because the room was too small (it isn't, the rooms are very generously proportioned!) As it was 10pm and everyone was tired, I left it at that and spoke to reception in the morning. I had the paperwork that shows I had said we had two children but it seems EA had only mentioned the 2 y.o. when making the reservation. The receptionist explained there is a hotel policy of no more than 3 people in a Coral room and called house keeping to see if an exception could be made given the circumstances but the answer was no.

I would have expected a greater degree of flexibility from a hotel of this nature. Given that the SIDS risks associated with a baby sharing a parents bed are well known, it has been very stressful and has not resulted in a good nights sleep and the relaxing break we had hoped for. Of course the initial fault lies with EA but I am disappointed with the hotels response.

On a positive note, the Bedouin tent on the beach and camel ride is very cute and the camel handler was very sweet with our children.

I am sure most people will have an amazing stay here as our situation is probably quite unique.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I regret to hear about your experience with your request for an additional baby cot, and I would like to apologize on behalf of my team. This is not reflective of the level of service we are known for, and I will follow this up with my team.

Thank you very much for bringing this matter to my attention so we are able to continuously work on improving our level of service.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We came to stay at the Emirate Palace for one night , but we extended you stay . This is a vast hotel where you get lost ! But what a setting !! yes you have to walk a long way to get anywhere but it s so wonderfully decorated that we laughed and enjoyed getting lost . The 2 suites we had were vast and tastefully appointed . We had dinner at Hakkasan Restaurant ,and the fish restaurant both were wonderful . We tried the Italian and it was a big disappointment !! Our son had room service which was better .!! The pool side restaurant are both very good . The service was impeccable .
This Hotel is about excess and indulgence .It delivers in spade .
Stay there, if for once in your life ,you want to feel like a King or a Queen .

Room Tip: Getting lost and walking around the Hotel is part of the fun .
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us - and for extending your stay!

I am happy to hear that you had an exceptional stay at the Palace. Yes, the hotel is an impressive 1 kilometre from wing to wing, and we take great pride in the beauty and magnificence of the property.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

The rooms are very elegant. The beds were on the small side and were reasonably comfortable but not amazing. The Bathroom in our room was beautiful. My favorite thing about the hotel was the grounds. There are two pools one with a lazy river which is temperature controlled I didn't want to get out...but I am glad I did as I got to enjoy the other more adult pool with hammocks that allow you to sun bathe in the pool!!

I had a really good club sandwich at the pool restaurant one day and you can press a buzzer from your sun lounger to order drinks! There is a great range of restaurants in the evening I chose Hakasan for my birthday, which was really fun. The Cuban bar does amazing cocktails.

Room Tip: Make use of the pools and the beach!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cat_holiday

Dear Cat,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay with us in March.

I will happily share your comments with the rest of my team.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed for two nights/three days in late Jan/early Feb 2014.
The grounds of this hotel are really beautiful.
The rooms are elegant and comfortable - the furniture and décor is luxurious but it is not over the top. The style of furnishing is a European style, rather than an Arabian style.
I felt very well looked after during my stay - the staff were very attentive and there was visible security.Being greeted upon check-in with a little bouquet of yellow roses was a sweet touch.
The pools are lovely and well staffed. There are racks of clean towels next to each set of steps going into the pool so the minute you get out you can access a towel and the sun lounges all have little remotes next to them so you can press a button to have a waiter come to you or receive water etc.
I also had a spa treatment which was very relaxing.
Over all I enjoyed my time here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank NatashaC33

Dear Natasha,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback on your stay with us earlier this year.

We value the feedback of our guests in a continuous effort to provide the best service and hospitality in Abu Dhabi.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed in April for Easter and it was another awesome stay.

Kids club was the same high standard (Charity, Rozita, Alfred and Jonathan are just adored by the kids!)..

I have previously mentioned the resort and the highest standards that this hotel sets (If you're going to the UAE - take some time out and visit Abu Dhabi for a stay at this hotel)

I want to especially mention Franzisca Meir (Reservations Manager) - this last has added a breath of fresh air since she joined the hotel.

We had always booked through travel agents previously but Franzisca joined last year and since then we have made 3 bookings directly with the hotel rather than using agents as her professionalism and personal touch in handling the bookings (as we can be awkward customers at the best of times!) has been the difference.

Likewise, one of the most senior managers of the hotel, Alexander Scheider, took the time (again) to pop over when we were checking out and spend a few moments talking to the family ensuring we had a good stay - it's these small but important touches that show this hotel as being so incredible - Dubai has '7 star' standard hotels (Jumeirah chain is by far the best in Dubai!) but in Abu Dhabi Emirates Palace takes the trophy (even though there is a Jumeirah just across the road) -

The property has enough said about it on these posts - awe inspiring and opulent!

Not enough is said though about the people that make this hotel special..

Thank you Franzisca, Alexander and your entire team!

Room Tip: West Wing for families - if possible go for the Khaleej Suite - but all rooms are excellent!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank AbdulR M

Dear Abdul,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is always such a pleasure to welcome you back to the Palace.

I am happy to hear that you continue to have an exceptional stay. We all take great pride in the beauty and magnificence of the property, and in the service that we provide our guests every day. I am delighted to hear that you continue to be impressed with the service.