“Heaven!!”

Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dresden, Germany
“Heaven!!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nites & i must say we love it. The welcome drink & a stalk of rose really blew my mind. The reception lady was nice and friendly. The Butler was also helpful & giving us a quick tour around the hotel. Our room was facing the pool and it was beautiful. I would highly recommend the Chinese Restaurant, Hakkasan, delicious!! Overall i love everything about Emirates Palace & don't mind going back to stay again and again:)

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Nora,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to Emirates Palace in May. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience.

Holger Schroth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

A beautiful venue but I have to say it was the worst service of any hotel rating that I have experienced in a hotel stay to date. I do not have high standards but enjoy good and friendly service and we were consistently let down. We had issues at check in, slow food & drinks service, the staff did not seem clued up on their facilities, for example upon asking about water sports at the hotel we were recommended a rip to Yas Waterworld. Our room service didn't arrive but we received other people's. No space at breakfast when & we eventually did get a seat the service was horrible. Ordered poached eggs as our egg choice - to which after over half an hour we received two poached eggs on a side plate swimming in water. A little shocked we asked if it comes with toast to which we were informed we hadn't asked for toast....

Your hotel is beautiful - please just work on your service!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rowan m
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Dear Rowan,

Please accept my sincere apologies for what has happened during your stay. I am surprised to hear of your experiences with slow service, uninformed staff, and the mishap with your poached egg at breakfast. This is not a reflection of the service we hold ourselves to, and I do apologize on behalf of my team.

I would like to thank you very much for bringing these matters to my attention. We hold our service to a high standard, and when we fall short of expectations, we work with extra focus on our service areas that need improvement.

I do hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Palace.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 28 May 2014

In terms of the property, I must admit that I have not seen anything that is more grand and lavish than this - and that's coming from a traveller who has been to > 20 countries and stayed in some of the finest hotels in many of these countries !

The staff, which seemed very carefully selected from all over the world (we met Ant from Turkey, Joe from China, a Japanese lady, a Moroccan gentleman and many more from different countries) was also extremely friendly and nice.

The breakfast spread was lavish. We also had a meal at the Italian restaurant, which was also fabulous.

What made it fall short of expectations was that we had to wait in a queue for about 10 - 15 mins, to have breakfast and that we had to remind the housekeeping staff for an extra bed in the room for our staff.

Had this not been a 7 * hotel, would have given an Excellent rating ....... but then being a 7 * hotel, any shortfall on expectations makes me give a Very Good rating, instead of an Excellent rating .......

1 Thank Chakraberty
Dear Chakraberty,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Emirates Palace. I am very sorry to read that your stay with us did not meet your expectations, and I do hope that the remaining days improved.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 28 May 2014

It is no secret that the Emirates Palace hotel is a scenic hotel: it is the jewel of the Abu Dhabi corniche and a necessary stopover for any tourist visiting the capital of the UAE. As a venue, it is truly unique.

However, once a hotel positions itself as 7-stars, the quality expectations raise considerably and any guests should expect the best service in the world. In this case, the management of the hotel certainly need to raise their standards, as our stay at the Emirates Palace clearly highlighted deficiencies.

In my opinion, the food and beverage chapter deserves a significant improvement. For example, we ordered room service as we travel with kids that need to go to sleep early. We make the order and are told the food would arrive in 45 min. First issue: the hotel standard is normally 30min. No problem, the hotel is huge so maybe it is a question that it takes more time for it to be transported to the room. 50 minutes after the order, no food is in the room. We call again and are assured the order will only take 5 more minutes. After one hour and ten minutes, the food arrives but the order is wrong.

This not 7-star service. Nor was it to be served pre-frozen food at the hotel pool restaurant.

We also had an issue during check-out which was unpleasant but I will leave this for now.

So, in a nutshell, the Emirates Palace is certainly a fantastic 7-star venue but it is not matched with a 7-star hotel management.

Dear Jorge,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I regret to hear about your experience with the in-room dining service and check-out, and I would like to apologize on behalf of my team. This is not reflective of the level of service we are known for, and I will follow this up with the concerned departments.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We have just spent 6 nights at this fantastic hotel. This was our 5th visit and I am sure it will not be our last. We have always stayed on half board basis, but I don't think we will be doing this again as the evening meal buffet was a little disappointing. Breakfast options are plentiful and good quality however the vegetables in the evening were consistently under cooked. There was also a limited selection of vegetables available. More worryingly were the meat options which although plentiful and varied were sometimes not heated thoroughly prior to being served up. We also found that tours groups staying at the hotel did have a tendency to take over when in the buffet restaurant ! Our room was very comfortable and spacious. All the staff that we came into contact with were very pleasant, friendly and helpful. We would definitely recommend a visit to the Marina Mall and also the Abu Dhabi Mall.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mandy B
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Mandy,

Thank you for taking the time to share the experience of your 5th visit with us. It is always such a pleasure to welcome you back to the Palace.

I have noted your feedback regarding the food options in the evening. Thank you very much for bringing this matter to my attention so we are able to continuously work on improving our level of service.

Centurion, South Africa
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights 2 weeks ago. The hotel itself is a mind blowing. It's more of a resort than a hotel. The interior is also mind blowing. The staff were always very friendly and accommodating. Everything was in tip top form, but due to it's size you need about a day to get your bearings. The price for accommodation were very reasonable, but the food and drinks price is a bit excessive. Other than that the hotel has plenty facilities to keep you busy. You don't need to even leave the hotel for at least 2 days. BBQ Al Qasr is highly recommended, the setting is breath taking at night. Will definitely be back.

1 Thank Michael_Tsai27
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear Michael,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to Emirates Palace earlier this month. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience.

Basel
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We have just spend again an incredible vacation at the Emirates Palace in December 2013. The whole palace is a "bijou" with so much style and ambiance. Where ever you glance your eyes are spoiled with beauty and glamour. But the heart of the Palace is its staff! We have been looked after with such a personal and warm attitude. We specially would like to mention Polash from the Le Vendome who read our wished before we spoke them out. Our little 5 year old boy was feeling like a little king and no matter what we asked for, Polash and his team made it happen. Also our Buttler was extremely attentive. I have asked one evening for some dates and pralinés. Just a blink of an eye later he brought me a beautifully arranged plate with all delicious goodies. - and not enough... I was spoiled from that moment on, every evening with my favorities. What a service!!!
The whole infrastructure of the Palace is incredibly clean and cared. The two pools are gorgeous and the slides are so much fun for kids. Even if the Palace is good booked you never feel that it is crowded. You find plenty of space for privacy. Also the Palace lounge is a great pleace to chill and look at your mails before you go for dinner.
Onle little input for the management we would like to give: We felt it sometimes a bit disturbing to be surrounded by all the tourist groups who visit the Palace. It does not fit the picture somehow as some people do not have any idea of discrecy.
Just a few days to go and we will be back again at our favorite "little paradies". We can't wait!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Returntome00
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us last December. It is always such a pleasure to welcome you back to the Palace.

I am happy to hear that you continue to have an exceptional stay. We all take great pride in the beauty and magnificence of the property, and in the service that we provide our guests every day. I am delighted to hear that you continue to be impressed with the service.

I have also noted your feedback regarding the tourist groups.