Emirates Palace
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers(Abu Dhabi)
US$174
US$95
US$188
US$173
3,836 results
All reviewswest wingcoral roomdiamond roomle vendomegold leafpearl roomkhaleej suitethe burj al arabbutler servicehigh teapure luxuryhalf boardluxurious hotelpublic areasprivate beachcold towelsamazing hotel
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We spent 7 nights at the hotel in May on a half board package. This was was our second visit, but not for sometime, so it was going to be interesting if the standards had changed in that time.

We had arranged for the hotel chauffeur transfer from the airport, and this was flawless. Although more expensive than a taxi, the BMW was just such a nice way to arrive at the hotel.

Check-in was carried out in our room, which was a nice touch, especially after a long day of travelling.

We were on the half-board package which actually offered the choice of 4 restaurants to eat at, but due to lateness of arrival we headed straight for the Le Vendome, which is the buffet restaurant.

Le Vendome is the main breakfast restaurant and we were advised that due to the hotel being very busy during our stay the Sayad (fish) restaurant would also be open from 08:30 for breakfast.

We decided to use the Sayad in the mornings as this was less busy and had the same choice. Only once was there a slight wait for breakfast, but this was handled well by the staff.

We had decided prior to arriving we would try all the restaurants available on the package for our evening meals, which included the Le Vendome (world buffet), Sayad (fish), Mezzaluna (italian) and Mezlai (Emirati).
Due to the fantastic quality of the fish, we visited here more than the others - the cooking was of a very high standard and deserved all the awards on display at the restaurant entrance.

We also dinned at Diwan L'Auberge (lebanese) which was not on the package and the found the food of a high standard and very fresh.

We were located in the East wing, which is the quieter end, and spend most of our time by the pool. It was very nice to see that there was an adults only end, which the pool staff managed very well. Children are well catered for at the West wing and they had shallow pools available at the East pool as well.

Service from the pool bar was good, although the devices they supplied to alert staff that you wanted to order never seemed to work for us, but it did make us get off the sun loungers!

We found the politeness and responsivness of the staff very good indeed and certainly we felt the standards had been maintained since our last visit.

We also noticed that the hotel had focussed on improving dress standards throughout the hotel from breakfast onwards, asking guests not to wear shorts etc. in the main hotel after this time. I felt this was a positive move and in keeping with the grandeur of the hotel. We certainly and no issues with this.

Evening drinks were taken at the Caviar Bar and this was a great place for people watching - especially people having their picture taken next to the Gold Bar Vending machine.

The check-out process was easy and again we had the BMW return us to the airport for our flight home.

The housekeeping staff were great and we found every staff member we dealt with was there to help you.

Overall a great experience living up to expectations.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Toyanorak
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Emirates Palace for 7 days last month, and for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the food at Sayad, and the relaxed atmosphere of the East Wing pool.

We continuously strive to offer the best hospitality in Abu Dhabi, and we appreciate the feedback of guests such as yourself. I will be glad to pass your kind words on to the rest of my team.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Palace soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Many reviews have complained about the service at Emirates Palace but our experience was quite different. Every member of staff we interacted with seemed to know our names and made efforts to ensure our stay was perfect. This was the case from the restaurant staff to housekeeping. There was a birthday cake as well as a bunch of red roses awaiting us in our room alongside a banner wishing me a 'Happy Birthday'. Whatever our request, the response was quick and efficient. The vast choice of food was of a very high standard and there were plenty of staff to pour drinks and check that all was satisfactory. This was our fourth visit and we will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but the better view is higher up.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cookiecrewBathUK

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback on your stay with us in May. It was a pleasure to have you here for your birthday, and I am pleased to hear that you had an exceptional time.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Yes it is a Palace!
Nowhere you can find a hotel with so much huge empty space. All covered with marble and gold.
Undoubtably this might be the largest amount of money invested in a hotel.
All is lavish and grand. My points are the following:
- review of your welcome procedure starting from the car drop off till reception area. I passed by 8 members of staff and no one greeted me. I understand 90% of visitors just want to walk around and take pictures but 10% are real guests and need proper attention
- At reception, I was received by somewhat bored or tired lady who passed me to her colleague standing in her right. He cheerfully greeted and handled me in line with the hotel opulence. His name was Amer. He checked me in and walked me all the way to my room in east wing.
- My other recommendation is you need supervision in the foyer between your restaurants at lower level. It feels like a staff recreation area. Also recommend a redesign of the foyer to fit restaurants ambiance.
- The golden signage on brown and cream marble is not clear. A different background is recommended to ease finding your way around the hotel. Now I need to stop and look closely at the signage.
- The breakfast was superb from welcome to farewell. It seemed to me this was the most supervised area of the whole Palace. Please add desserts and also a gluten free section. (Maybe I didn't notice them).
- Your Emirati restaurant is tasty, very pleasant and nicely done. I highly recommend it to foreigners.
- Wifi is free and automatically connected everywhere in the hotel. Big Thank You as this is the most important point in my luxury book.
- Upon check out, I walked from my room with 4 handbags till reception about 300 meters away and crossed 20 staff members, and not a single one offered to help me with the luggage. Again lack of supervision and leading by example.
- My room was great and extremely quiet. Thanks for the nice slippers. I will always keep them.

Will I come back to this Palace? Or will I choose to go across the road to etihad towers?
I will go where I will find better welcome and service.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ZeeF44
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and to lay out the positive and negative points of your stay. I have read each point carefully and discussed your comments with the respective teams.

I regret to hear about your experience with our staff in particular. I would like to apologize on behalf of my team. This is not reflective of the level of service and friendliness we are known for, and I will address this in detail.

Thank you very much for bringing this matter to my attention so we are able to continuously work on improving our level of service.

Absolutely stunning place
They have some issues with swift service and for a Hotel in this rating it should be slicker however the quality of the fittings and the design are breath taking
Absolutely worth a visit for a long weekend
Restaurants very good quality

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear Ken,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay with us in February.

I will happily share your comments with the rest of my team.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Palace soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We stayed for 10 nights and cannot say anything else than it was a great experience. The building , the gardens and the facilities are all more than impressive. I traveled in many countries all over the world and stayed in best hotels, but this is something different. In terms of luxury and grandeur, I cannot remember any similar place. The staff is very well trained, everybody is doing its job very well and quiet. Food is great, the variety and quality met the expectations you normally have from this high class hotel. The single negative point I have is that everybody here expects a tip, and some of the staff pushes a bit too hard for this, as the bills already included the 10% service charge. But after you have tipped, the service is great and you can really feel the rare flavors of the Arabian hospitality.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Katt21211

Dear Katt,

We value the feedback of our guests in a continuous effort to provide the best service and hospitality in Abu Dhabi. I have noted your comment about the tip, and will speak to my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace soon.