“Really Amazing”
Review of Emirates Palace

Emirates Palace
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I've stayed a few night in this hotel and I really felt like a princess! Really perfect hotel and in my opinion one of the best all around the world. Staff were very friendly and the food was delicious. It was really worth it...

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Vanessa,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to Emirates Palace. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience, and you felt like a princess in the Palace!

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Emirates Palace

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We visited this huge and luxurious hotel for the 4th time and again found everything faultless there, as always. First time we spent time there with our grandchildren and their parents and were booking 2 rooms and got upgraded to the Diamond Rooms. The butler service, as usual, was very much appreciated. The children were totally excited and had great fun too, as there is a lot of things provided for the kids, younger and older. If you are walking on the grounds alongside the water (from one swimming pool to the other), the distances are great, but they provide electrical cars, which take you from anywhere to wherever you wish to go on their property. This is quite helpful for older people. If you take halfboard, the Le Vendome offers the greatest of choices of firstclass eatables, always fresh and tasty and hot.
Well, I spare you with repeating all the many positive remarks in other reviews, but can only say, out of all my many hotel reviews all over the world, this hotel is by far the best in luxury and services with perhaps the one exception, the Burj al Arab in Dubai, but there you will pay substantially more!
One little advise, when booking: If you don't like too much heat, beware that from May onwards it is almost unbearably hot, well into the 40s Centigrade and for older people like us, almost too hot. We used to come in December, January or February and shall certainly come again in one of these months. May and onwards, however, was really too hot for us.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Christian,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is always such a pleasure to welcome you and your family back to the Palace.

I am happy to hear that you continue to have an exceptional stay. We all take great pride in the beauty and magnificence of the property, and in the service that we provide our guests every day, including our youngest guests! I am delighted to hear that you continue to be impressed with the service, and you plan on coming back soon.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

EPH as the name suggests is an enormous hotel in abu dhabi near the marina mall. stayed there for 2 noght during a business conference in November 2013. check in was a breeze. the room was nice with a lrge balcony facing the gardens and at a distance the sea. the room was lavishly appointed and all the expected thing were there. the beach was nice and the pool area for kids had a reasonable size lazy river along with slides. there was a childrens club and activity. the hotel is surrounded by vast landscaped area and garden that is goof for long stroll. all in all a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to Emirates Palace last November for business. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

A palace it is:) Stunning and oppulent, but in the same time welcoming and relaxing. As soon as you walk into your room you are greeted with "Welcome to your home", you have your private check-in in the privacy of your room and your butler will make sure you have everything you can possibly think of. Rooms are beautifully decorated, gold and beige with a lot of taste. Beds are comfortable and my room had a Jacuzzi tub and a patio/garden which lead directly to the beach since we were on the ground floor. Amazing and beatiful, it is a joy to the eye to walk through the corridors and the lobby. Hotel was full while we were there, but still did not feel busy or crowded at all. Exclusivity and luxury are the words that can best describe the Emirates Palace.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank gmi6ev

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to Emirates Palace last month. Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay.

I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with the property and the service. We continuously strive to offer the best accommodation and hospitality in Abu Dhabi, and we appreciate the feedback of guests such as yourself. I will be glad to pass your kind words on to the rest of my team.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We spent 7 nights at the hotel in May on a half board package. This was was our second visit, but not for sometime, so it was going to be interesting if the standards had changed in that time.

We had arranged for the hotel chauffeur transfer from the airport, and this was flawless. Although more expensive than a taxi, the BMW was just such a nice way to arrive at the hotel.

Check-in was carried out in our room, which was a nice touch, especially after a long day of travelling.

We were on the half-board package which actually offered the choice of 4 restaurants to eat at, but due to lateness of arrival we headed straight for the Le Vendome, which is the buffet restaurant.

Le Vendome is the main breakfast restaurant and we were advised that due to the hotel being very busy during our stay the Sayad (fish) restaurant would also be open from 08:30 for breakfast.

We decided to use the Sayad in the mornings as this was less busy and had the same choice. Only once was there a slight wait for breakfast, but this was handled well by the staff.

We had decided prior to arriving we would try all the restaurants available on the package for our evening meals, which included the Le Vendome (world buffet), Sayad (fish), Mezzaluna (italian) and Mezlai (Emirati).
Due to the fantastic quality of the fish, we visited here more than the others - the cooking was of a very high standard and deserved all the awards on display at the restaurant entrance.

We also dinned at Diwan L'Auberge (lebanese) which was not on the package and the found the food of a high standard and very fresh.

We were located in the East wing, which is the quieter end, and spend most of our time by the pool. It was very nice to see that there was an adults only end, which the pool staff managed very well. Children are well catered for at the West wing and they had shallow pools available at the East pool as well.

Service from the pool bar was good, although the devices they supplied to alert staff that you wanted to order never seemed to work for us, but it did make us get off the sun loungers!

We found the politeness and responsivness of the staff very good indeed and certainly we felt the standards had been maintained since our last visit.

We also noticed that the hotel had focussed on improving dress standards throughout the hotel from breakfast onwards, asking guests not to wear shorts etc. in the main hotel after this time. I felt this was a positive move and in keeping with the grandeur of the hotel. We certainly and no issues with this.

Evening drinks were taken at the Caviar Bar and this was a great place for people watching - especially people having their picture taken next to the Gold Bar Vending machine.

The check-out process was easy and again we had the BMW return us to the airport for our flight home.

The housekeeping staff were great and we found every staff member we dealt with was there to help you.

Overall a great experience living up to expectations.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Toyanorak

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Emirates Palace for 7 days last month, and for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the food at Sayad, and the relaxed atmosphere of the East Wing pool.

We continuously strive to offer the best hospitality in Abu Dhabi, and we appreciate the feedback of guests such as yourself. I will be glad to pass your kind words on to the rest of my team.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Many reviews have complained about the service at Emirates Palace but our experience was quite different. Every member of staff we interacted with seemed to know our names and made efforts to ensure our stay was perfect. This was the case from the restaurant staff to housekeeping. There was a birthday cake as well as a bunch of red roses awaiting us in our room alongside a banner wishing me a 'Happy Birthday'. Whatever our request, the response was quick and efficient. The vast choice of food was of a very high standard and there were plenty of staff to pour drinks and check that all was satisfactory. This was our fourth visit and we will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but the better view is higher up.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cookiecrewBathUK

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback on your stay with us in May. It was a pleasure to have you here for your birthday, and I am pleased to hear that you had an exceptional time.

We value the feedback of our guests in a continuous effort to provide the best service and hospitality in Abu Dhabi.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Yes it is a Palace!
Nowhere you can find a hotel with so much huge empty space. All covered with marble and gold.
Undoubtably this might be the largest amount of money invested in a hotel.
All is lavish and grand. My points are the following:
- review of your welcome procedure starting from the car drop off till reception area. I passed by 8 members of staff and no one greeted me. I understand 90% of visitors just want to walk around and take pictures but 10% are real guests and need proper attention
- At reception, I was received by somewhat bored or tired lady who passed me to her colleague standing in her right. He cheerfully greeted and handled me in line with the hotel opulence. His name was Amer. He checked me in and walked me all the way to my room in east wing.
- My other recommendation is you need supervision in the foyer between your restaurants at lower level. It feels like a staff recreation area. Also recommend a redesign of the foyer to fit restaurants ambiance.
- The golden signage on brown and cream marble is not clear. A different background is recommended to ease finding your way around the hotel. Now I need to stop and look closely at the signage.
- The breakfast was superb from welcome to farewell. It seemed to me this was the most supervised area of the whole Palace. Please add desserts and also a gluten free section. (Maybe I didn't notice them).
- Your Emirati restaurant is tasty, very pleasant and nicely done. I highly recommend it to foreigners.
- Wifi is free and automatically connected everywhere in the hotel. Big Thank You as this is the most important point in my luxury book.
- Upon check out, I walked from my room with 4 handbags till reception about 300 meters away and crossed 20 staff members, and not a single one offered to help me with the luggage. Again lack of supervision and leading by example.
- My room was great and extremely quiet. Thanks for the nice slippers. I will always keep them.

Will I come back to this Palace? Or will I choose to go across the road to etihad towers?
I will go where I will find better welcome and service.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ZeeF44
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and to lay out the positive and negative points of your stay. I have read each point carefully and discussed your comments with the respective teams.

I regret to hear about your experience with our staff in particular. I would like to apologize on behalf of my team. This is not reflective of the level of service and friendliness we are known for, and I will address this in detail.

Thank you very much for bringing this matter to my attention so we are able to continuously work on improving our level of service.