“Good property with average meal”
Review of Emirates Palace

Emirates Palace
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed in the hotel for weekend. Almost all were as we expected. Here is some details.
1) Very good location with the biggest beach in the city center.
2) pools are divided for two groups: for adults (with good evening bar with cool lounge music) near East wing and for families (with river and sliders) near the West wing.
3) sunset views directly from the beach area
4) we were upset for the food quality (as many others). Italian restaurant has no view at all (book table inside) and food was so-so. Arabian restaurant has great interior design with tasteless meal (the dessert we got 40 minutes later after several reminding). The best food was Fish restaurant - fast service, tasty dishes, nice music.
5) SPA treatment is very good. I recommend to visit.
6) BAD experience - there is NO welcome drink - You need to serve yourselves ))))) at the table where there is no clean glasses ))))))

Advices:
- do not take rooms on the ground floor - there is almost no hedge from people eyes
- the first floor (second level) has the biggest balcony with Arch shape exterior.
- the best view will be from the top level rooms only (if Garden view)
- if You will choose a room with sea view NOT in the end of the wing - probably You will be faced to the white pavilions (they were built for Ramadan but looks like permanent constructions)
- take a taxi directly from the wing (do not go to the main entrance). Taxi fee is 3 times less than hotel car service. 6 hours rent costs 1.000 dirhams cash to driver or 1,200 if room charge.
- magnets in hotel shop were cheaper than in shopping malls.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lonelyapart
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest,

It was an absolute pleasure to welcome you to Emirates Palace this month. Thank you for taking the time to write a thorough review of your stay.

I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with the property and our various leisure facilities. I have noted all of your comments and will address them individually with my team. We continuously strive to offer the best accommodation and hospitality in Abu Dhabi, and we appreciate the feedback of guests such as yourself.

There are newer reviews for Emirates Palace

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed at the hotel 1 night for my wife's and my anniversary.

Starting from the fact that I've e-mailed the hotel and asked them to prepare a surprise for my wife (which they did with the utmost discretion and class), ending with the fact that when we left the hotel, we both said.. you cant get better than this.

This is my no 1 Hotel so far, and i guess will be for a log time.

I can write a lot about the hotel and staff, but you will understand me why I cant describe everything in words.

You must try it and then... you will know what I am talking about.

Just perfect!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Xenderx

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your feedback on your stay with us this month. It was our pleasure to host you and your wife for your wedding anniversary. I am happy to hear that we were able to make this occasion memorable.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed for 3 nights - celebrating our wedding anniversary. The hotel lived up to our expectations. It really is an impressive building and so spacious. Everything, both inside and out, is immaculate. We were half board and we're offered a good choice of restaurants which all served wonderful food. The service was very good and, despite the many 'moneyed' guests, not at all pretentious. I had informed the hotel that we were celebrating our anniversary and we had flowers and wine delivered to our room; and a 'Happy Anniversary' banners on the wall and balloons on our bed. An amazing experience that I would recommend to others.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback on your stay with us in May. It was a pleasure to host you during your wedding anniversary, and I am pleased to hear that you had an exceptional time and enjoyed the special touches.

We value the feedback of our guests in a continuous effort to provide the best service and hospitality in Abu Dhabi. I will happily relay your message on to the rest of my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Excellent hotel in all aspects food,rooms,staff and lovely surroundings both inside and out,Location also in great position near to other hotels and Marina Mall,This was our third visit to the Palace and each time there has never been any problems,the place is first class,We prefer the West wing accommodation as nearer to the watersports, Full credit again to all the staff.We certainly will be back.

Room Tip: West wing if you like nearer to watersports
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank derek c

Dear Derek,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is always such a pleasure to welcome you back to the Palace.

I am happy to hear that you continue to have an exceptional stay. We all take great pride in the beauty and magnificence of the property, and in the service that we provide our guests every day. I am delighted to hear that you continue to enjoy your time here.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed here for 8 nights in May. The hotel has to be seen to be believed, it really is a Palace. The hotel is certainly the largest one I have stayed in, the building just seemed to go on forever. It consists of 2 wings, the West where I stayed and the East.

Both wings have fantastic pools, the East with a swim up pool bar and the West with its own Lazy River and flumes which we loved. The staff are all very pleasant in any of the departments. Poolside food and drinks are ordered from your lounger by pressing a buzzer, pool attendants help you find loungers in suitable positions and lay out your towels.

The bedrooms are all done to a very high standard (we were in a Diamond Room) and are very spacious, including the bathroom. The room attendants and bulters are most helpful in making your stay one to remember. Although there are a variety of restaurants and a nighclub there is no noise to be heard in the bedrooms.

We used 2 of the restaurants. The buffet breakfast and dinner were the most ourstanding buffets I have ever been to. Variety of foods outstanding as is the quality. The Italian Restaurant was great too. There is a good selection of drinks available but as in all of UAE it is not a cheap purchase - a bottle of wine will set you back around £40 and a beer around £10.

The easiest way to get round Abu Dhabi is by taxi, the heat in May was around 40c and walking anywhere outside the hotel was not ideal. Taxis are very reasonably priced.

To sum up I would say I have been spoiled now for going anywhere else and I hope to return next year.

Room Tip: The rooms are all the same, the different grades are purely due to the view from the balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank dolittle215
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay with us last month. It was a pleasure to host you and your friends for 8 nights, and I am so pleased to hear that you had an exceptional experience.

We continuously strive to offer the best accommodation and hospitality in Abu Dhabi, and we appreciate the feedback of guests such as yourself. I will be glad to pass your kind words on to the rest of my team.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My wife and I just spent our 40th wedding anniversary at the Emirates Palace...as a long time expat we have been privileged to have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world BUT this just beats them all !! Granted we were staying in one of the Royal Khaleej suites but worth every cent and would recommend everyone should try it once in their life. The staff from the parking valets thro' to the butlers were just the best and managed to achieve a brilliant blend of familiarity/friendliness with sheer professionalism. The restaurants were also superb and again service spot on. Can't wait to go back when it's a bit cooler to enjoy the beautiful grounds. My thanks to all who made our stay so memorable.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to a Royal Khaleej suite....not cheap BUT superb value if booked in advance.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian R

Dear Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback on your stay with us this month. It was a pleasure to host you during your 40th wedding anniversary, and I am so pleased to hear that you had an exceptional time, especially in the Royal Khaleej Suite.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace soon, in the cooler months!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

They say this world 2nd costliest hotel. This hotel is very huge property. Excellent location with private beach. Room are very big, staff very cordial, prompt service. once you stay here, you will not forget royal treatment.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay with us in May.

I will happily share your comments with the rest of my team.