“Absolutely Wonderful”

Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Wonderful”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was the second time we have visited the Emirates Palace and it was a real pleasure to be back. We were there for a week and it was fine dining all the time with the culinary delights so memorable. Every meal was so well cooked and presented it was thoroughly delightful. What helps make this hotel outstanding was not just the surrounding opulence but the service provided by the staff who go that extra mile to please their clientele. The restaurant manager, Satish Balyan, was very good and his staff provided excellent service, even somehow finding out it was my birthday and presenting me with a cake, a photograph plus a rendition of 'Happy Birthday' to me!
I would also mention Sandra Newman the Head Concierge who gave tremendous help in where to shop and visit. A truly memorable stay and a hotel that will call me back in the future

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed at the Emirates Palace in July for 2 nights and three days.
The hotel is massive and designed to make you feel like you are litterally in an Arabian Palace. The rooms may not be the most modern, but then thats kind of obvious as it is styled as an arabian palace. Don't come looking for an ultra modern room with high tech gadgets. That being said, your in the Middle East so it is refreshing to stay at a hotel that embraces the culture through its design. The views from the room we stayed in were breathtaking. We had originally intended to stay in a Diamond room with a full ocean view but due to availability we took a Pearl room with partial ocean views. The Partial Ocean view was a lot more than the standard 'partial' view you normally get at hotels. In fact, if I went back I would chose the Pearl room again as you also had views of the beautiful hotel grounds and coastline.

Each wing of the hotel has its own pool, with one more suited to families with children and the other more for adults. The pool staff were extremely helpful with finding us the perfect sun beds and the pool/beach lunch menu was the best we've ever come across. The pool area was one of the highlights of our stay - we spent our days lounging around, enjoying beach walks and the various facilities the hotel had to offer. Complimentary watersports are available and it was beautiful taking a paddle board out to the water at sunset and looking back on the palace. The football pitch (which is good enough for professionals to come and train on) was situated just off the beach and made for a scenic location for a kick about. You won't get bored.

The quality of restaurant choice at the hotel is impressive, with enough choice to keep you happy for well over a weeks stay. We recommend Barbecue Qasr on the beach. The breakfast was as expected, good quality with lots of choice.

All in all a fantastic hotel and one we will be back to visit again soon.

Room Tip: Go for the Pearl if you want ocean view as well as the gardens and corniche (all in one).
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CharKatt
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay with us this month. We continuously strive to offer the best accommodation and hospitality in Abu Dhabi, and we appreciate the feedback of guests such as yourself. I will be happy to hear that you enjoyed our culinary services and various leisure facilities.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Palace soon.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I entertained 10 guests for Iftar at their Ramadan Tent a couple of days ago and it was the worst experience ever.

It all start when, for some reason, all cars entering the hotel were redirected to an underground service/delivery bay entry and onto the basement level parking lot. It took us a good 15-20 minutes to find a parking spot. With merging lanes, agitated drivers, it was a a bit messy to say the least.

And just for the record, I have no issues with self parking, but one of my guests was blind and we had to walk him all the way via a maze of cars, incoming traffic, elevators, stairs and escalators, from one end of the hotel all the way to the other.

Then when we reached the main entrance (lobby), I was surprised to see cars pulling in the driveway and receiving valet service. So, I asked one of the lobby attendants/bell boys standing outside for the reason we weren't able to drop passengers at the front or get valet service, his answer was, in a condescending tone - and I quote him:

"Better to self park because if you give your car for valet, and come back to collect it, there will be too much people waiting and you will start crying when your car s late". (!!?)

Not sure what kind of training the staff receives at this hotel, but obviously common courtesy and manners is not on the agenda.

Anyhow, we moved on to the tent. We were escorted to our table. It goes without saying that half of my group was delayed about 30 minutes after Iftar time because of this parking situation.

On the other hand, and while I am being embarrassed and frustrated, I spoke to some folks who were standing and who looked like they were in charge. They listened to my complaints, and in return I received a series of concerned looks and "we will look into this", type of promises, but that was it.

Oh and the Iftar meal wasn't that great. Not in comparison what you'd get in Al Majlis or Asateer for sure. The options were relatively limited (except the desserts, that was really good), the tent is structure is boring, bland and cheap, the ACs are roaring over your head, the elevated floors are bouncy and your chair and table shake like a bouncy castle whenever people move around you.

For AED 300 per person, I honestly expected better service and slightly more class in both treatment and overall experience. Non was there. Will never go there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank SamDubster
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience in our Ramadan Pavilion for Iftar. I am surprised to hear of your experiences with the self-parking and the Iftar buffet. This is not a reflection of the service we hold ourselves to, and I do apologize on behalf of my team.

I would like to thank you very much for bringing these matters to my attention. We hold our service to a high standard, and when we fall short of expectations, we work with extra focus on our service areas that need improvement.

I do hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to our Ramadan Pavilion.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We recently were fortunate to stay at the Emirates Palace for 3 nights to celebrate my stepsons 21st Birthday. Both myself and my partner Janice Bruce have run our own travel business for the last 10 years and worked in travel for over 35 years between us. Our clients whom we have sent to this hotel have always come back having been wowed so we had high anticipations. These high anticipations were not only met they exceeded our expectations in every sense of the word.

From the moment we stepped out of the private transfer bus we felt a warm welcome and this warm welcoming theme continued for the duration of our stay in all areas. This was experienced at being escorted by our private butler to the room, to the most amazing breakfasts in the most beautiful setting we have ever known, to the service around the incredibly spacious pool areas, to the bar in the hotel and to even being wowed on departure by being offered a departure drink and water even after we had paid our bill.

Never have I seen a hotel that literally has far more sunloungers than they would ever have occupancy for. You can find your own little private areas to sunbathe if you look around and wow the waterhammocks that actually are in the swimming pool were so refreshing to use in the heat in June.

We truly experienced what it must be like to live in a Palace, The atmosphere was so serene, everything about the place felt so rich, the spaciousness of the hotel was truly amazing both in the public areas, the breakfast lounge, the washrooms, the pool areas, the garden areas, the driveway up to the hotel.

We have stayed at many luxurious hotels all over the world partly due to the nature of our business but NEVER have we ever stayed at such an amazing hotel as the Emirate Palace. I cannot recommend highly enough that if you are thinking about going to this hotel then just book it, if not place it on your wishlist and make sure you do go one day.

We will return one day ourselves that I can guarantee.

Thank you to the Emirates Palace staff for making our stay so enjoyable and for making James 21st Birthday such a special one with the little surprises you delivered to his room. It will be a birthday he will never forget.

Room Tip: We had a Seaview Deluxe room on the left side as you look out to see. If you want to be near the fam...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SteveTC
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback on your stay with us last month. It was a pleasure to host you during your son's 21st birthday, and I am pleased to hear that you had an exceptional time.

We value the feedback of our guests in a continuous effort to provide the best service and hospitality in Abu Dhabi.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Palace soon.

Dubai
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Imposing iconic view in Abu Dhabi as you drive up the private access road into Emirates Palace Hotel,
its certainly impressive with great 5 star service, but the hotel lacks charm, i think this is because its primary focus of a conference hotel.
the hotel is lavishly finished, good selection of bars and restaurants, hakisan is amazing, but the place just dose nothing to inspire me to return, i am glad i have been, but prefer a different type of hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jon N
Dear Jon,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to Emirates Palace earlier this month. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I have been a frequent visitor to the yum cha brunch at hakkasan and thought it would be a good idea to visit the ramadan tent with some out of towners for what is thought to be the grandest iftar in Abu Dhabi. I can only say that I expected more.
It's quite pricey so I expected service, variety and ambience to be top notch. Unfortunately, this was not the case for the following reasons:
1. The tent is positively arctic. With such low temperatures, the buffet was cold by the time I went to eat and the managers running around didnt seem to care. I complained and was told they only had a central chiller and could not turn it off. So the family all huddled together and tried to eat through chattering teeth and shivering spines.
2. Arabtec built the tent here and it's no surprise their share price has plummeted since ramadan started. It's a rickety floor which creaks and you end up getting vibrations from anyone who walks within a 10 foot radius. It was quite annoying especially when one pays so much money for a peaceful iftar.
3. The variety of food isn't bad, but it's nowhere near what I expected from EP consisting the price of nearly 300 aed per person. I can somehow accept that variety was minimal but what is unacceptable is that the food didn't taste all that great. Everything was bland, shrimp was undercooked, tikkas were dried out. The best thing there was the falafel, something I can get in Abu Dhabi for less than 5 dirhams.
4. I asked for tea for the ladies and the waiter promptly told me they would charge me for it. It was a bit shocking as when I booked I was told that tea and coffee was included. I asked him to double check and he went around like a headless chicken before bringing us a pot of extremely weak tea served with ice cold milk. I asked him to bring me a pot of strong tea and hot milk which turned into a farce as the second pot was just as weak, and by the time the hot milk came to us (about 10 minutes) the tea had gone cold. So we had to ask for additional tea bags to make our tea in the cups which took another 5 minutes. All in all, any place that can get so chaotic over just a cuppa doesn't deserve to be called abu dhabis grandest iftar and charge 300 dirhams for it.
5. When the bill came i observed they had charged me full cover for a 12 year old girl. This was completely counter to the advice I had been given when I made my booking. I asked the waiter to confirm and in a totally indifferent manner he said that 12 year olds get charged full cover. I decided not to argue as I was eager to get out of the deep freezer.
6. The ramadan juices they offer are absolutely horrid. Don't bother young for any of the 5 concoctions and stick to water.

All in all, I was terribly disappointed with the EP ramadan tent and urge you to save your hard earned money and either take iftar at home or go to some less pretentious place where you can actually get value for money.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank GastronomiqueUAE
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in our Ramadan Pavilion. I am very sorry to read that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We are working on the specific aspects that you have mentioned, including the AC temperatures.

Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Great place, all the saff are very helpful. Beautiful hotel and has great pools and a beautiful beach so much to see in the hotel and plenty of resturants to chose from. It sure has the wow factor it may lack some atmosphere but we enjoyed it and it is what you make of your holiday relax and enjoy the wow factor.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback on your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace soon.