“No tea or coffee!!”

Ranked #8 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“No tea or coffee!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Having been a regular user of the EP since it was first opened - for conferences, exhibitions, concerts and meals - this weekend was our first time to stay there. We had two nights in conjunction with a special deal which included a concert on Friday night. I have always loved the grandeur and scale of the building and the huge internal spaces but have never been particularly impressed with any of the food venues - there is more of an emphasis on formality than food. While the breakfast buffet this weekend had plenty of variety - even wheatgrass! - the experience was not pleasant. The room was overcrowded, with tables close together and people bumping into each other - like an ordinary package tour breakfast. Given the vast spaces in the hotel, I wonder why the Vendome has to be so cramped. People even had to sit out in the lobby!

I think the staff / service has improved over the years - our check-in and check-out was friendly and efficient. A map of the hotel would help, with one's room marked on it. It took us a while to work out the most efficient way to get to the pool! The coral room was fine but don't expect anything special - not nearly as impressive as many other rooms I've stayed in in the UAE.

BUT what bothered me most about the whole experience? Something I could have avoided if I'd read Trip Advisor reviews beforehand. There are no tea or coffee making facilities in the room!!! I've lived in the UAE for 14 years and stayed in most of the high-end hotels and this was a first for me - a very unwelcome first. Who wants to wake up in the morning and have to speak to someone, and then let them into the room in order to get that first cup of tea or coffee! If I'd known, I'd have brought my Nespresso Pixie with me! The cost is not an issue, just the awful start to the day and the great inconvenience. For this reason alone, I would never stay here again.

All in all, we had an enjoyable weekend but there are much better hotels now available in Abu Dhabi. The EP could be great if more thought is given to details that would make a guest's stay more comfortable, and less thought to having 6 stars. Facilities aren't everything!

Room Tip: Bring a travel kettle!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank BrooklynAD
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear Brooklyn,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Emirates Palace. I am very sorry to read that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. I have noted your feedback on the lack of tea and coffee facilities in the room.

Holger Schroth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have stayed at many good hotels in the world - and so many hotels in the world claim to be the best. I can assure you that the Emirates Palace is probably really one of the the best hotels in the world. The hotel is really majestic and I can't imagine that many other hotels come close to the service, cleanliness, natural friendliness and magic that this hotel offers.

I stayed twice in the Emirates Palace and everything was always simply perfect:

- most professional check-in and check-out
- unbelievable luxurious and large rooms (we stayed in a Pearl Room which offers a view to the Beach, I would not recommend to book a Coral Room, the view seems to be boring) and also large bathrooms (best towels!)
- best bed mattress with best pillows (upon choice) I have ever experienced
- most perfect housekeeping ever - spotlessly clean rooms
- not even a piece of dust in the entire hotel
- two great swimming pools (one for relaxation and one with water flow for "rafting")
- beautiful long empty sandy beach
- most luxurious breakfast (unbelievable how they manage to have those fresh raspberries) with really highest quality and professionalism of services.
- great location, even a bit outside the city center (but cabs are always available)
- high level of security in the entire hotel
- hotel service great in all aspects (personal Butler!). The staff is really 5 star!

What are the cons? Difficult to tell, everything was just too perfect. Perhaps the hotel lacks a bit of charme, but nevertheless I will be back. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
HolgerSchroth, General Manager at Emirates Palace, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to Emirates Palace twice. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful experience!

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We are currently having the most wonderful experience of staying at the Emirates Palace, yet again.
Although we check out later today, we have, as usual, had the most amazing time. We love coming to the Palace, the staff are truly some of the best trained in the world, their attention to detail and customer care is second to none. The Palace offer a taste of an opulent lifestyle we would all love to live in full time.
I have to mention Jashim and Yuan, our very attentive Butlers, also the concierge staff who are able to fulfil your every need.
The restaurants and the food they offer is incredible.
I would recommend visiting The Palace to anyone, it's a truly magical experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautifully furnished.. You would not be disappointed with any room. It will just depe...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jlpbtyone
Dear Guest,

It was an absolute pleasure to welcome you to Emirates Palace this month. Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review during your stay.

I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with the property and the service. We continuously strive to offer the best accommodation and hospitality in Abu Dhabi, and we appreciate the feedback of guests such as yourself. I will be glad to pass your kind words on to the rest of my team.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Loved the grand entrance of the hotel. Staff was very helpful and accommodated all our check-in requests professionally. There is was a crowd for check-out and check-in around 1, so we waited for half an hour but were well taken care of. We were served Arabic coffee and dates and the ladies received fresh roses at check-in.

Expect gold everywhere, Literally everywhere! In your coffee, in your desert or in an ATM :)

Really loved Hakkasan, the food and ambience was amazing.

The hotel is truly a palace with amazing restaurants, two pools and other facilities. Didn't get a chance to go to the spa but I'm sure it would have been a great experience as well. Rooms were smaller than anticipated but super clean and very comfortable.

Only critique I have is that breakfast wasn't the best spread, there weren't enough tables inside and it was quite humid outside. The food was a bit confused, they tried to have something to suit every palette but that just created a little bit of a mess.

Would love to go and stay there again, this time at least for 3 days so I can enjoy the lazy river and the spa facilities.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Jojo,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay with us this month. I will happily share your comments with the rest of my team.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

The Arabian Gulf is awash with wonderful and quality hotels, I have had the pleasure of staying in many of them whether Dubai or Abu Dhabi, but I must broadcast to all that there is only one Emirates Palace, the ultimate hotel experience. I split my stay between Abu Dhabi and Dubai spending seven days in each location. Abu Dhabi was first and whilst the second seven days in Dubai was comfortable and luxurious, I missed the Palace and its complete experience, so much so, that on my return to the UK I immediately booked a further helping of 14 days and back I went within the month. Why was it so good, its probably better to ask how could it not be, with everything that it offers .service people attention luxury, amenities, food, beach facilities, every aspect of hotel service was beyond seven stars in fact I am willing to state that there is not enough stars in the sky to do justice to the experience of being a resident at the Emirates Palace. It is as I have already stated the ultimate hotel experience I would urge any traveller with the aspirations of the discerning visitor to visit this hotel and feel the wonder of this jewel in the gulf.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Elle P
Dear Elle,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay with us last December. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed it so much that you came back to visit again!

I will happily share your comments with the rest of my team.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

When visiting Abu Dhabi this is a must stop place to see and stay if you are lucky enough! While here I was advised by my travel buddy that if it looked like gold it was gold... Not just gold leaf but mostly 24k solid gold.

Definitely going again!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank daveyboy511
Dear Davey,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay with us in September last year.

I am happy to hear that you were impressed with our gold!

Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here over Eid as a quick get away from Doha. Wanted to be treated pampered a bit ...Was treated like Royalty. Stay here if you like things over the top like Gold in your ATMs, coffee and chocolate. The service was really top notch. It was so busy over eid.. The restaurants were packed.. One day we had to sit in the Lobby but not to worry Andrea took very good care of us and the whole staff was killing themselves to make people happy. I'm glad I had a chance to enjoy the resort style pool one day.. All though it was super hot.. The lazy river was refreshing and fun!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Lindy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback on your stay with us over the Eid Al Fitr holidays.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience here. We value the feedback of our guests in a continuous effort to provide the best service and hospitality in Abu Dhabi.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace soon.