Emirates Palace
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers(Abu Dhabi)
  • Pool
Hilton Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)
  • Restaurant
Oryx Hotel(Abu Dhabi)
3,755 results
All reviewswest wingcoral roomdiamond roomle vendomegold leafpearl roomkhaleej suitethe burj al arabbutler servicehigh teapure luxuryhalf boardluxurious hotelpublic areasprivate beachcold towelskids club
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 March 2009

The Emirates Palace is an amazing hotel, opulent and no-expense spared. My room (Coral) was lovely even if it did overlook the car park. The facilities - pool, beach, gym, tennis were all great.Also the butler service that comes with the rooms is very good.
The price of everything was extortionate to the point of being ridiculous.
The service was mainly excellent apart from some self-important receptionists and the Vendome restaurant service was hit and miss but the buffets there were extremely good.
I had to checkout at 1pm despite having a 2.35am BA flight and was not offered any other room or in fact any help at all. There are no free lockers in the pool areas as the are all allocated to beach club members only...this was very inconvenient and a hotel of this calibre needs to look after its guests better.
Be sure to scrutinise your bill - they tried to charge me for a meal and bottle of wine that was included and whisky from the minibar that I never had.The receptionist took this off the bill and then when I checked out it was back on again!!
The hotel is fabulous but takes itself very seriously indeed instead of being in touch with the guests' practical needs. This is a management issue as the individuals working in the hotel were, on the whole, doing an excellent job.
Overall, a lovely place but ,in my opinion,lacking heart and soul.

3  Thank Sagittarius_7
Reviewed 22 March 2009

The Emirates Palace is Abu Dhabi's answer to the Burj Al Arab in Dubai. We stayed here for 2 nights last summer (between June and September you will get a cheaper rate as it’s really hot during the summer months).
The Palace is huge, with magnificent architecture that blends Arabian splendor to create a memorable experience.
Check-in is after 2pm and we checked in a little before 12 noon, our room was ready and we got an upgrade, reception was quick and efficient.
The rooms are big, with everything you could want, nice comfy bed, huge plasma screen, desk area, free internet, lounge area, huge bathroom with separate bath and shower, butler service, balcony with views of the sea.
The rooms are all located in the wings of the hotel which do take sometime to walk too, maybe 15 – 20 minutes in some cases.
The Palace has the best pools ever, both are enormus, one at the end of each wing but they have golf carts on call when you don't feel like walking from one side to the other! One pool has a swim up bar and Jacuzzi and the other with water slides, a crazy river, and other activities to keep the young ones amused, having said that the slides etc are for adults too and were great fun! Also there are enough sun beds for everyone, you don’t need to rush down first thing in the morning to get the best spot.
We ate at the Italian restaurant and I have to say it’s very reasonable, and not over priced as you may expect it to be. The food and service were great, the chef even made me a starter that wasn't on the menu!
I cannot say a bad thing about our experience at the Emirates Palace it was the just the best, and we will be going back this year.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2009

Whilst not staying at the hotel itself we ate in one of the many restaurants - Etoiles, as we wished to experience 7* dining.

Cocktails to start, my friend had the smoothest cosmopolitan and I had one of the best & creamiest espresso martini's I have ever tasted - Fab! Starters were divine & we both agreed we'd have been happy with two starters and foregone the main course, Scallop & Prawns in a light curry sauce for me, and squid in the lightest of batter with a wonderful pomegranate salad for my dining companion.

We had ordered a bottle of red wine to accompany our main course of rib eye steak and the waiter came and suggested we might prefer an alternate wine, which was less acidic and would complement the steak more at the same price. For someone like me, with no real wine knowledge this was welcome news and it was indeed a wonderful red wine, very smooth. (Sorry I can't remember the name but about 250-275DHS).

I asked for my steak Rare and the waiter surprisingly said 'Medium is how we serve the steaks' however being a girl who eats Carpaccio & steak tartare I said medium rare would be preferable. My friend questioned the waiter and said she would be happy with medium providing there was a sliver of red within the steak. However sadly when it arrived she was less than impressed with her 'very' medium steak. Whilst the waiter did ask if everything was ok she declined to say no and continued eating it. I think for the price I would have asked for it to be changed although interestingly the waiter did not offer this option.

We declined dessert as we had little room left after steak, wonderful chips and al dente green beans with parmesan, accompanied by béarnaise sauce. Instead we ordered espresso’s only to have delivered to the table a plate of delightful petit fours (8 in total, 4 each) ranging from the sublime creamy chocolate mouthful, to the dry cake-like 'hmmm…not again - thank you'.

At the end of the evening following a in-depth discussion with the manageress about art (there are some fabulous pieces on the wall all for sale) she asked if we were staying for the music later but said that we were considering going elsewhere as the restaurant was quiet and staid. She recommended we stick around as it livened up later, and they had a 'live set' by a singer with a hit in the charts that I love, as well as a resident DJ.

So we wandered around the hotel admiring the opulence, space and masses of gold before returning to a packed venue, with a great DJ, a wonderful live set and a fabulous atmosphere (take note, music is kicking and loud so ensure this is your thing as if you prefer something a bit quieter you'll have a headache and temporary deafness at the end of the evening!) We returned to our apartment at 3am with tired feet, exhausted from all the dancing but with the biggest smiles on our faces. Drink prices are reasonable, albeit not cheap; expect to pay around £10 for a cocktail thereby comparable with a top London hotel. I'm not sure I would rush back to dine (not unless someone else was paying) whilst food was good & service attentive it was quiet and lacking in atmosphere considering this was supposed to be 7* dining - however I'd return to the nightclub/lounge at Etoiles for late night fun like a shot!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2009

I cannot recognise the most recent critical reports about this hotel as it was FANTASTIC from start to finish. In fact I was prepared to be disappointed, based on these reports and was probably looking out for things I wouldn't like - but found none.

I am a very fussy person and have very high standards and expectations and this hotel never let me down.

It is a truely impressive building and the main area is a feast for the eyes. There is just so much space inside and outside that you can almost forget that you are in a city. The hotel has an east and west wing. We were in the east wing which has the quiet pool and so no children. The west wing has the kids pool and had plenty of kids when we walked down there. I dont know if its policy to home couples in the east wing but you might like to check if you want a child freee pool area.

Lets deal with being in the city. There was some noise at times - helicopters coming in and out (usually one a day) and the heli pad is near the east wing pool. There are also hotels being build behind th emirates palace and depending on the wind you could hear some banging. The view will be spolt by these buildings - but thats progress I suppose. The view out the front couldn't be more different as the hotel looks our onto the sea.

Our suite was lovely and the bed was very confortable. You also have a butler who will tend to your every need.

What made this holiday so good were the attitude and behaviours of the staff in the hotel. They could not do enough for us. Despite the size of the hotel many of the staff called us by our name after a few days - which always impresses me. They opened doors, altered menu's etc constantly. They were always smiling and greeted you whenever you met them. The service by the pool was superb. The team offered you cold fruit a few times a day and you had a little devise to call a manager or a waiter to get you drinks etc.

There was one down side to this holiday - the value of the pound has crashed in Abu Dhabi and this made everything very very expensive. £10 for a glass of larger in the hotel. We spent a lot more that we had bargained for on food and drink because of this so be warned. We also dined out at some other hotels some nights. I recommend the Inter Continental fish bar and brazilian restaurant and for those prople watchers out there ypu have to go the bar above the brazilian restaurant.

If you like comfort, great service, space and style stay at the emirates palace.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Martina W
Reviewed 5 January 2009

The first thing you should realise when checking into this hotel is the bell boy takes your luggage off to security who take it uopn themselves to go through your personal belongings before delivering to you, generally that's fine but i am someone who would like to be present and aware beforehand, i would have had no idea except when i got dressed one evening my husband picked a sticker off the back of my dress.

The second thing, is many of the staff do not understand english so well, changing a restaurant reservation from one restaurant to another in the hotel can be quite a demanding process.
Its also quite apparent that hotel staff are not trained as well as they should be i fail to see how this is a 6 star hotel and would say its a long way off of 7 stars.

The first day of arrival the weather was cold and windy so if you want guaranteed sun do not visit in dec -jan.
Pool service- The fist day the service at poolside was excellent waiters passing, bringing round fresh fruit and prompt and accurate food delivered to your sunlounger, however from the second day onwards the level of service deteriated, the following day we asked the man who showed us to our beds to find a waiter he said he would do but never bothered, somedays we waited 2 hours for a waiter to pass, one waiter could not speak english and none of the waiters could grasp an order of a burger with no salad, if you order as it comes you'll have no problems but if you want to make a change to the menu you'll suffer. Ask them for buzzers if you request one then you can buzz a waiter or manager.

Be aware of your location in the hotel if you are in the east wing then you can wear kaftans, shorts, dresses etc as acess to the pool is easily granted but if your located elsewhere and have to walk via the lobby the hotel asks that you do not wear see through items, shorts or mini-dresses.

We were told there were camel's on the beach by another family member but when we enquired with the concierge, the man was rude and unhelpful promising us he would contact oshu the lady with the camel's and call us in our room, but he never did.
We did however find the camel's and have a very brief ride for free as the hotel pays for this so if you do wish to have a go walk down the beach and you'll find them.
Alot of the hotel staff were men they all greeted my husband with sir and barely acknowledged me which i also found rude.

The cleaners were a bit hit and miss they take the bathrobes away everyday but for the final three days of our stay they didn't replace them leaving just empty hangers, some days they forgot to replace flannels and one particular day they'd forgotten to finish making the bed properly, the mini bar was not always restocked with the correct items ie coke to replace diet coke all little things but if they are things you use and like it can be irritating however the cleaners are friendly and polite. The butler however when requesting bathrobes was rude and did not apologise for the mistake.

If you book a driver to take you around try to book an emirates driver as they use another company and believe me you will want to throw up the second you get out of that car, think speedy, sharp braking, and sharp accelerating oh and they also do not slow down for bends!

My biggest complaint would be that the new years eve shakira concert was a huge dissapointment and definately mis-sold to our party, vip tickets should have meant a vip view, some vip seats and some vip drinks we received none of this and a big fat hole in our pockets for the price of the tickets! People that paid less got seats and the same distance from the stage!

On the last day again the weather was to cold and windy so we went to sit in the main bar, i ordered a hot chocolate from a very rude waiter who was clearly not interested in his job at all and the drink arrived cold.

The hotel does however have many things to offer many restaurants where the food is excellent, a pastry/cake cafe, shops such a versace and various others, nice pools and lovely beach, and very nice rooms with excellent facilities and appropiate amenities but the service is generally lacking everywhere except for the evening restaurants! If i re-visited again i would wait for a few years for there service to improve.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank LondonTravellots