“va va voom”

Ranked #7 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“va va voom”
Reviewed 18 January 2011

I want to add a review but im cheating as i didnt stay here we just came for breakfast ..
Soon as you see the palace gives you goosebumps and from the man on the gate to the waitress and waiters all are very very nice and none are rude . We had breakfast which was amazing everything you could imagie from salmon to steak to cakes for breakfast !
Just great for 2 hours to feel like royalty

• Stayed January 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
AbuDhabi
Reviewed 18 January 2011

I have stayed at Emirates Palace Hotel for 3 nights from 25th Dec 2010. This was the first few days of our honeymoon before going away for the rest of it.

Firstly, I have to say that it is a shame Tripadvisor only have 5 stars to rate the different categories, as this resort truly deserves a 7*. I have visited Emirates palace few times before for dining/coffee but not actually stayed at it nor enjoyed its amenities. Now that I have I am very very very impressed with the quality of the services, friendliness of the staff, and utmost the royal treatment offered by "everyone" working at this hotel.

I had pre-contacted the Butler management at the hotel to request additional perks as it is our honeymoon and the response I received, to say the least, exceeded my expectations. I was promptly contacted back by the management at the hotel with all kinds of options that I could have arranged in order to surprise my wife, plus marking our booking as VIP. Best of all, all these were offered at NO EXTRA cost AT ALL. They arranged free champagne, rose petals everywhere in the room, custom made banners and decorations with our names, playing pre-selected music in the room when we arrived and at pre-set times too. Just so i dont forget, I was also offered a chocolate cake, and believe this, if you hadnt had the Emirates Palace chocolate cake, you dunno what you missin !!!!!!!

I have also been cart-driven around the hotel (pools/beach/greenery) in order to select a private romantic location for a candle-lit dinner, which was also GREAT as it gives a much better idea of the whole place, rather than having the dinner indoor at one of the many quality restuarants already available.

The size of the room we were allocated was great, the spa treatments were impeccable, and the pools/beach could not be any nicer.

For our second day we also had a meal at the Hakkasan chinese cuisine and I have to say that the food, ambience and the service were also unmatched (deffo to go there again).

During our stay we were greeted, treated and waved goodbye as proper VIPs.

I can on forever but if you are reading this I can simply say go ahead and make your booking and rest assured you'll enjoy yourself.

Thank you so much to Emirates Palace (Mr Chandana in particular) for making our stay a truly amazing one and looking forward to staying again at EP very soon.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
london
Reviewed 12 January 2011

Choosing where to go on holiday can be tough, Take my advice it does not get much better than The Emirates Palace Hotel Abu Dahbi,
The first travellers to these shores were totally taken by the warm hospitality ,and the charm in this amazing place that not long ago was a desert,
Today you arrive in the city of Abu Dhabi and the drive from the aiport to the hotel, is an amazing garden, Flowers everywhere one drives along avenues of palm trees,
As you drive along you will pass one of the biggest and most beautiful of Mosques,
Arriving at the Emirates Palace the welcome you receive is outstanding,which reflects on the mangement from the Top Mr Olbertz to the man taking care of you on the beach it is all faultless and very friendly.
We were in the Emirates Palace for the Cricket, Ashes At the Emirates Palace cricket ground which is one of the most lovely cricket grounds I have ever seen.
The hotel is in the style of an Arabian Palace which makes it even more special as you are in an Arab country on the Gulf,
It offers something for everyone from a family holiday, business trip,romantic holiday ,sports and spa at its best,
All I can say is dont hesitate to visit this Hotel and the Emirates you will not be dissapointed ,you will be overwelmed by the Beauty of the gulf and all it offers, it is not just about shopping ---go and meet the culture and its warm friendly poeple,
We had delicious meals in different restaurants every night, One moment you are sitting at the BarBQ restaurant on the beach with blue sky above you by day and the moon and stars at night,
You have a wonderful selection of Meditteranian food Middle Eastern French Italian Japanese its endless you make the choice.
The rooms make you feel so relaxed and special ,you are in a palace so all your needs are taken care of and more than you expect,
WE were well taken care of by Mr Any Elliot the Beach and sports manager and his team, he is also a first class cricketer,
I just want to say I have never been so comfortable, well taken care of and in such amazing surroung=dings,
It has become like my home away from home I cant wait to be back at the Emirates Palace in March ,not long to wait,
The best place in the gulf-----dont wait go now,
Stylish ,Glam,harbour vistas,gardens Tennis all you can imagine and more,

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Zanzibarvale
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 January 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night at the end of a long Middle East trip after finding an incredible deal on Orbitz. It was totally incredible--all the water sports are free (water skiing, wakeboarding, kayaking, snorkeling), the grounds are expansive and gorgeous (and you can get bikes to ride around), the pools were beautiful, and everything had incredible attention to detail. We were upgraded at check-in to a Pearl Room with a sea view, and the room was ridiculously nice. We ate at the Persian and Chinese restaurants, which were both really tasty and not insanely expensive given how nice the hotel was. Food portions are also massive, especially at the lunch places by the pools--usually one sandwich was big enough for both of us. They also let us use the grounds after checkout all day (we had a late night flight) and there are changing rooms, toiletries, and showers by the pools that were great to freshen up in before a long flight. Particularly given the cost of doing water sports, playing tennis, or using pools in Abu Dhabi, the hotel turned out to be a pretty great value as all of those things were included in the room rate.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 January 2011

Been to many 5 star hotels around the world and Burj Al Arab too , so we had high expectations for The Emirates Palace. We stayed in a coral room with club palace lounge facilities added to it, in the west wing (this wing is for families so make sure you request when you book). Our stay was for 3 nights only which we felt was enough before getting bored.

FACILTIES
We loved the facilites as it covered something for everyone in our trip. 4 adults + 1 toddler. Huge variety of watersports (kayaking, wind surfing, I think there was a banana boat ride..etc) ; Camel ride for adults and kids on the beach. Our 3 yr old loved it. Beach was clean but we just spent the days making sand castles and collecting shells. Has a high quality, large playground area suitable for under 5s. For older kids there was a kids area with heaps of activities laid out and you just help yourself to beading, colouring, painting, playing jumbo chess and other activities. Bikes also available for adults and kids. Had a shaded heated kiddies pool (adult knee high deep), a pool and a waterride where you sit on donut and go down slides. It was wild wadi on a small scale and very decent.

There is also a huge kids playroom (confrerence room size) near the exhibitions halls that no one told us about. We stumbled across it whilst wondering around. The playroom has all the latest toy gadgets eg wii...etc on a huge tv screen. Also lots of toys, a popcorn machine, snacks laid out for kids, icecream cupboard, tea, coffee biscuits and lots more. It was very tidy. There is also one staff always on premises to help but older kids can stay without a parent. I was told it was opened till 11pm at night!

PALACE CLUB LOUNGE
We stayed in the coral (cheapest) room and opt for Palace Lounge (their club lounge) added on for and extra AED700 per night. Unlimited drinks and alcohol, snacks throughout the day including breakfast, 12-2:30 sandwiches & fingerfoods, predinner canapes, desserts which we were hoping to look forward to each day. Unfortunately the foods provided lacked variety and it was same stuff served "yesterday", nor was it quickly replenished. It was nothing to look forward to, and we were rather disappointed. By the way, it is not stated, but eggs made to order however you wish are included in the price but if you ask for it at breakfast otherwise there is not hot foods for breakfast. It was a Continental breakfast with salads. We will not be doing it's Palace Lounge again having been to many of 5 star hotels, this one does not even meet our 5 star standard. The Palace Lounge has a no kids policy but they were flexible in allowing our child in for breakfast only. However there are a sofa seating and tables right outside the lounge so we just sat there for the times we had our daughter with us so she was able to have food too. I saw other families with older kids do the same, just "pass the plate" out to the kids sitting outside.

Also worth mentioning...
There is a poolside cafe in the west wing which is good value in hotel terms as they do "family portions" - 1 massive big plate of chicken with vegs was about AED250 enough for 4 adults. It's better value that doing a lunch buffet AED250 per head at their Le vendome restauarnt.

We did do the dinner buffet AED290/adult at the Le Vendome. It offered variety but foods seems to lack 5 star quality. The chicken dish we ate at the poolside cafe was served back to us at the dinner buffet.

Room service meals
we also had room service meals and again the quality was ok but not great. We expected food quality of a 5 star hotel, but we did not get this. It's disappointing paying for something that is not up to scratch. All meals came with a bread basket enough to feed 4 people.

Yes we would go back again cause there is so much to do without having to leave the resort. But we will not be having a Palace Lounge facility added to it.

Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Bruges, Belgium
Reviewed 7 January 2011

arriving in Abu Dhabi for a 10 days journey thru the middle east, we slept the first night at the Emirate Palace. I have to admit, we never felt more pampered as in this hotel. We booked a suite and got a free upgrade to the royale suite with our own buttler.....WOW !! I have never seen a room like this in my entire life. Everything about the hotel is first class and i couldn't fault 1 single thing. We went for diner at the beach restaurant wich was really lovely, romantic and first class service. Unfortunataly, i ordered 12 oysters and you could see emediataly it was the end of the season for oysters. They were all milkoysters and totaly tasteless. I told the waiter and he admited and took them right away.Paying the bill, i noticed they were charged on the bill even the chef has seen they weren't good anymore. didn't want to make a fus about so went to sleep....I've been sick all night and the next day, spend a whole day in bed in our next hotel on our middle east tour.I would certainly go back, but will be more suspicious about the food. Greats from Belgium

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BelgiumReiziger
The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 January 2011

I find it rather hard to review this magnificient hotel.
It’s difficult to describe why staying at the EP makes you very special. I mean we stayed at many 5* around the world but even the ones in Bali don’t match the high level of service and surroundings at the EP. But I’ll give it a try:

At arrival we were welcomed by several staffmembers, got the cold towels, red roses and Arabic coffee. We were shown a quick tour around the hotel before going to our 2 interconnecting coral rooms (Family of 4). Our second room wasn’t ready yet but this was not an issue because we could change in the first room and go to the pool area.

At the pool area I was looking where to get towels but in fact you just stand wherever you want to be seated and within 1 minute a stafmember is preparing your sun loungers. Most of the time we were at the adventure pool (west wing) because of my son of 12. Pool area is very, very extensive so felt private. Even in the adventure pool we hardly saw other people. At our last day we went to the east wing relaxing pool and I regretted we didn’t go there before because this part looks marvellous. Both beach areas are also more than nice. Ofcourse we ride the camels at the beach and had Arabic coffee and tea afterwards in the Beduin hut . There are buggy’s to drive you from the east to the west wing.

We had 2 standard rooms but I must say a high standard. I don’t understand the reviews about disappointing rooms. The beds were the most comfortable, the sheets the most finest. The most relaxing bathtub wonderful soaps etc. The marble floor in the bathroom has a beautiful design, in every 4 tiles there is a small marbe cirkle. I know it’s a detail but all these small details makes the EP very stylish.

Very large flat screens, complimentary softdrinks and fresh fruit every day. Every morning before we went for our breakfast housekeeping thoroughly cleaned our rooms. Even the seperate showerroom was dried and you couldn’t find any spots. Every evening turndown service put Orchids leaves in the bathroom and on our floor next to our bed together with our bedslippers. They also gave chocolats in a small gold coloured box. So nice!

At breakfast you can get anything you want and the food was beautiful presented. Most of our days we ate outside and had a wonderful seaview. Staff was very good and nice. At our first day I asked for mango for my son because it wasn’t at the buffet. The next 3 days one of the staffmembers asked me if he already should order the mango for us! Although there were a lot of people at breakfast the place still was relaxing.

The only place where it could be a little crowded was the main lobby because of the magnificant Christmas tree of 11 Mio USD. But this didn’t bother us because it was so nice to walk from the main lobby to our rooms through the enormous hallway. All the staffmembers always greeted us with a smile and not even once we were asked to identify ourselves as hotelguests. If we came back by taxi we had to shown our room key at the entrance gate, screen our bags but in the hotel itselves everything was relaxed.

At our last day we were shown a Palace suite (3 bedrooms, dining room). This one is really OTT. We also got to see the auditorium and ballroom area.

Because of it’s extensive grounds, luxurious used materials, beautiful design and the friendly staff the Emirates Palace really felt like a palace.

At Christmas day we had dinner at the Burj Al Arab (didn’t stay there so I am not talking abt the rooms), but the main entrance of the Burj looked more like someting out of a fairy tale to me while the EP has a much more Royal feeling. All 4 of us preferred the EP.

If you ever have the chance to stay here: go for it!
I had some doubts staying here (originally booked Kempinski Palm Jumeirah but have been relocated), but I must say I am so glad we choose the EP over other 5 stars in Dubai.

What I dislike abt the EP: I don’t know when but I have to stay here again!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family