“Friendly and Comfortably Casual Hotel”

Ranked #81 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I am staying regularly in this hotel and I specifically like this hotel management style by making everything simple and not unnecessarily sophisticated
The staff is generally very friendly and spontaneous but professional
I recommend this hotel for a long term residence type stay

Room Tip: Sea view side rooms are recommended
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
AlDiarCapitalHotel, Management at Al Diar Capital Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to express our gratitude for choosing to stay with us and for your patronage. Also, we would like to thank you for your kind words, which is a testimony of the reputed stature of our hotel and the services offered by us.

Located in the heart of Abu Dhabi, our property showcases an impressive outlay of hospitality standards. We proffer an array of accommodation, dining and recreation options where our guests can unwind themselves. The guests can also explore the popular attractions which are located in close vicinity of our property. It is delight to know that you liked staying with us and had a great experience overall.

Once again, we thank you checking-in with us and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We would like to redeem this as opportunity to serve you on your future visits.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

As i'm based in Dubai, I got to spend 3 days in Abu Dhabi for several meetings, i was searching for nice hotel in the city center and has easy access to all roads, i picked Al Diar Capital, it's reasonable and amazing service, high quality food and comfort accommodation, definitely it'll be my 1st choice when i get another business trip to Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
AlDiarCapitalHotel, Management at Al Diar Capital Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to Abu Dhabi and for sharing your experience with us on this public platform. Located in the heart of Abu Dhabi’s business district and close to the shopping malls in the city, Al Diar Capital Hotel indeed serves as a perfect venue for business travelers.

Well equipped and the most welcoming hotels in Abu Dhabi, Al Diar Capital Hotel endeavors to make your business or leisure experience most comfortable and your special acknowledgement for our efforts prompts us to serve our guests even better.

Once again, thank you for your positive review and look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

I recently stayed at the Al Diar Capital Hotel (part of a group of 6) for business over a 4 week period between the 6th May and the 5th June 2013.

To be honest, the hotel itself is fine with some nice spacious rooms and is in the heart of the area I needed to stay, but I wouldn't want to stay there again unless I had no other option.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially the room cleaners who kept the rooms clean and spotless. Also the reception staff were very welcoming and were always at hand to help us with any problems we had.

The main problem in the hotel for me was the noise coming from the 2 night clubs which are located inside the hotel (1 on the ground floor and 1 on the 2nd). The noise coming from these clubs was unacceptable for a hotel and it would go on until 03:30am every night !!!

I had to wear ear plugs every night to go to bed and I could still hear the noise through these......It was that bad I could feel my bed / room vibrating on the 9th floor !!!

I stayed in several rooms throughout the hotel ( 916, 904, 906, and 810 ). 916 was by far the worst and it was torture trying to sleep. 904 was slightly better, but you could still hear the noise. 906 was fine and a great sleep was had. 810 (suite) was a great room, but you could still hear the noise.

The other bad point about the hotel is the vast amount of prostitutes that frequent the hotel lobby coming in and out of the night club and the hotel. This is certainly one sight I didn't expect to see in Abu Dhabi and in a hotel like this !!

There is no swimming pool at the hotel or roof top area to sunbathe, although there is decent gym located on the top floor.

The Internet connection worked fine in all of the rooms I stayed in, except for 810 (the suite). This was very frustrating and annoying and is not what you would expect when staying in a suite.

There is a restaurant at the top of the hotel which I had breakfast in most of the days I stayed. To be fair, this was OK, but the staff need to be more attentive instead of standing around talking to each other.

I also had an evening buffet meal at the restaurant which was a lot better and had far better service.

Overall, the hotel is clean and tidy and is ideal if staying for business and you are a deep sleeper, but if you are like me and a light sleeper, I would not recommend this hotel at all.

Room Tip: Get a room as high as possible to avoid the noise from the night clubs. Avoid room 916 at all costs...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
AlDiarCapitalHotel, Management at Al Diar Capital Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip and we appreciate your thoughtfulness of sharing your experience with us.

We are glad to know that you found our rooms spacious that feature modernistic amenities. Our staff takes utmost care while maintaining the hygiene of the rooms and your kind appreciation for their efforts has been duly conveyed to them. Our hotel offers recreational facilities like gym, Sauna Cabins and Chinese Spa to pamper our discerning guests. The restaurants in our hotel offer international and national cuisines to satisfy the appetite of our patrons. We perused your review and regret the inconvenience caused during your stay due to noise. We shall work towards providing a more comfortable stay to our patrons. Also, we will investigate the internet concern highlighted by you at the soonest possible.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. It would be an honor for us to serve you again.

Best Regards

Reviewed 27 May 2013

I stayed at the hotel for two nights in May, 2013 and had a very nice stay. I ordered from the restaurant each night and the quality of the food was very good. I found the staff to be very helpful and attentive. You have everything you need at the hotel including a night club that seemed very popular with lots of traffic going in and out. I stayed in a junior suite. The room was spacious and clean with a nice view of the bay in Abu Dhabi. I had a positive experience staying at the hotel and feel it was a great price for what I got in return.

Room Tip: Pay for the upgraded room and get a suite. The price is still good and the extra space you get is w...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for checking in at Al Diar Capital Hotel and the wonderful review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that were well satisfied.
Al Diar Capital Hotel is a 3 star budget hotel in Abu Dhabi that is well known for its distinguished services and relaxing atmosphere. Besides, our location is an extra plus to the property. Within easy reach of all the major attractions in Abu Dhabi, we provide our patrons with a comfortable base for exploring the city by foot and by far.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we hope that you will be back to join us again on your next visit to Abu Dhabi.

Best Regards

Reviewed 15 April 2013

This hotel has one of the most famous night clubs in Abu Dhabi
Apart from that, there is nothing fancy about this hotel, rooms are OK, they charge for internet, and even charge for ice cubes ordered in the room

My high rating is due to its appropriate pricing (especially corporate rates) compared too other hotels in the city that are at the same level

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ehab_Heikal
AlDiarCapitalHotel, Management at Al Diar Capital Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing to stay with Al Diar Capital Hotel during your recent trip and for sharing your experience with us on this public platform. We take this opportunity to inform you that we are a three-star hotel in Abu Dhabi and endeavor to offer wholesome experience to our esteemed guests.

Ciro’s Pomodoro and Rock Bottom Café along with multi-cuisine restaurants in the premises of our property endeavors to add value to the stay of our distinguished guests. Our individually designed rooms offer top-notch facilities and modernistic amenities to satisfy the needs of business as well as leisure travelers.

Once again, thank you for your kind review. We would deem it a privilege to serve you again.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

The company I was doing work for picked this hotel. First impressions when I arrived after 10 hours of travelling were not good. My room was not ready and the female reception staff were not helpful - quite surly. The suite I was given however was really nice and the bed very comfortable. Sleep quality was not good as the music from the night club/bars went on until 3am each night which is not good if you are working long hours and need your rest. Also the fire alarms kep going off (this seems to have been a problem for 2 years looking at previous reviews). There were no apologies or noticess about testing of the alarms. I wonder what would happen in a real fire situation - as I'm sure no one would take any notice. The cleaning staff were very friendly and helpful so too were the people in the business centre. The 13th floor resturant had lovely views but the food was mediocre. The beauty salon was large with several male hairdressers and lots of female Phillipino staff hanging around going nothing - I had hoped to use the salon but it did not have a welcoming or comfortable feel. I was only at the hotel for 5 days so it was manageable - however I would not have chosen it for myself even though the location was ideal for walks along the Corniche.

Room Tip: Always try and get a room away from the noise - I was on the 6th floor and it really disturbed my sl...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Kathryn L
AlDiarCapitalHotel, Management at Al Diar Capital Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Dear Kathryn L,

Thank you for your stay at Al Diar Capital Hotel Abu Dhabi. We appreciate you taking out time for this feedback.
Al Diar is a 3-star hotel in Abu Dhabi and is known for its hospitality and pleasing staff. However, I would like to extend sincere apologies on behalf of the staff and management of the hotel for the inconvenience caused during your stay. We make an all out effort to make sure our patrons have a comfortable stay. However, the concerns highlighted by you will be investigated you appropriate action will be taken to amend them.
We once again thank you for your custom and look forward to hosting you again on your next trip.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Good rooms, helpful staff, BUT if you are jettlagged, be advised that the building across the street is being demolished. The demo crew are determined to break the building into small bits of concrete and to drop every bit into a steel pipe, and let it clang and rattle all the way to the steel receiver. If you have a city side room, you will not be able to get any sleep after 7 am.
Ok,, that is not the hotels fault.
On the other hand.. at this hotel,, breakfast is greatly overcharged. 75dhrs. or about $20 for a minimal breakfast. This is ridicules.
And for the last issue.. the internet, does not work.. I stayed in room 1016, near the lift, and the internet, well... I just does not work. In fact, there were guests hanging out in the corridor, trying to get internet connection so that they could book a different hotel.
It is amazing to me, that the GM would allow this hotel to have such bad internet service. It is an add on, you have to pay for it,, and then, it just does not work.
It is NOT ACCEPTABLE for a business hotel, and if Capital is not a business hotel, then just what is it? There is no swimming pool.
During my stay, there was no music from Rock Bottom because of Ramadan,, but if you are going to stay here, get a room high level, as far from the elevators as possible, or the pounding from the bar is enough to wake the dead.

Room Tip: get a room as high of floor as possible, and then away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Thank Reginald Dougla... K
AlDiarCapitalHotel, Management at Al Diar Capital Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay at Al Diar Capital Hotel and for taking out time to provide your feedback. We are pleased that you found our staff helpful and rooms praiseworthy. We assure to offer one-of-a-kind stay at Al Diar Capital Hotel to meet every need of guests. Located in the heart of Abu Dhabi’s business district, we are a preferred choice among travelers. The most popular shopping malls of the city are in proximity to our property that makes for a prefect stay. Our personalized services and quietly reassuring atmosphere make us a preferred business hotel in the city.

Our restaurants serve an excellent selection of authentic cuisine along with live entertainment and music that make for a unique dining experience. Our team strives to serve guests with utmost hospitality to make the stay comfortable however regret the discomfort caused to you. The concerns highlighted by you have been noted by us and would be investigated to make changes, as applicable. Your feedback is highly important that enable us to enhance our services.

We look forward to serve you again and promise to provide you better stay next time you check in with us.

Regards,