“Nice pools with a small private beach but area crowded in weekends”

Al Raha Beach Hotel
Ranked #30 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Nice pools with a small private beach but area crowded in weekends”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We stayed here for the weekend. Check-in was very fast in less than 5 minutes (already had the room requested). Since we booked through a travel agent, they asked for ID/passport of me and my husband. Reception asked me to deposit 500AED for consumables which is standard in most UAE hotels if you don't want to present a credit card. We were given discount vouchers for restaurant/bars in the hotel which is a plus. Anyway, if you want a cheaper option, you can dine outside the hotel as "Al Raha Mall" is just a few steps away.

Room is big with two queen size beds (which can accommodate up to four adults) and toilet is also spacious. We headed to the pool since my son is excited swimming. The hotel has a nice area for kid's playing and swimming. The hotel has a small clean private beach which is okay. They were some construction in the surrounding area, but didn't bother us. The only downside us, the pool and surrounding area is crowded and most people swimming are not hotel guests but outsiders mostly with kids screaming and running around. One must be wary wearing bikinis/two-piece since people around are conservative, not like hotel guests in Dubai & Fujairah hotels.

Much to our surprise, when we went back to our room after 2 hours in the pool/beach, our room was already turned down/cleaned and a fruit basket, chocolates, & refreshing mists await us. We had a good sleep, no noise at all can be heard from outside or the next rooms.

Buffet selection is great. My son is a picky-eater but he ended up full. We always go opt for buffet if we dine out in hotels because of my son, so there are lots of choices. Food and beverage prices are not that expensive compared to five-star hotels in Dubai.

Overall, we had a great weekend at this hotel.

Will definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 3 July 2012

we had a lovely weekend stay in this hotel in may . we were travelling in a family of 4 and both my boys of 5 and 2, loved this 3 days break we had here. its got a very nice poolsiode and a lovely little beach area that my boys could walk around and have a lovely time. also the service was outstanding and they also had a little kiddieS covered play area that was lovely. to top it off that weeeknd they had organised a beach party for residents and guests which was very well organised and had plenty of events to keep the kids and us busy. a lovely getaway in this nice hotel. one of the biggest rooms i have stayed in .... the size and layout was fantastic.

Room Tip: we had chosen the standard rooms but were upgraded on arrival to the sea view rooms which were beaut...
Al Ain
Reviewed 13 June 2012

We wanted to take part in the family beach party given by the hotel on its private beach, so I wanted to check out the hotel online to see if we might want to make it a weekend. I was impressed by the pics in the gallery and the price was right so I booked. Boy am I glad I did! The entire hotel is beautiful inside and out. Our standard room was huge and so was the bathroom. It felt like a suite and we loved our private balcony that overlooked the beach and pool areas. Our room was on the end and although we had to walk a bit to get to our room, it was quiet and secluded.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view room, the night scenery is amazing.
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Aside from the screaming children running around the lobby, my initial impression was good. The hotel was very spacious and clean. But at $170 a night without breakfast, it should be!! We booked it because it was close to Yas Island and we were going to a late concert. HOWEVER, my feelings were not the same when I was awoken by a drill on the other side of my headboard at 7.52am. Even less impressed when I telephoned reception at 7.53am and was told they would ask security to confirm if this was the case-because I would lie?! At this I demanded to be moved and, to their credit, by the time we had thrown everything in our bags, a porter arrived to take us to the new room 5 minutes later. Was there any need to ring us 10 minutes after we had moved to the new room, clearly wanting to go back to bed having just been woken up and walked down the corridor in our pyjamas? I don't think so. When we checked out we complained again and were passed through three people who finally realised it was a serious complaint when I highlighted that construction pre-8am is illegal in the Middle East. We finally spoke to the front office manager who, while very polite and 'understanding', didn't really address the issue. He focused too much on the fact that the construction company had broken their contract with the hotel. Really, irrelevant to me because I had a contract with the hotel which, by its nature, should be a relaxing experience. Interesting too to read another complaint about the noise because he insisted that the room had been used all week and no other guests had complained. Furthermore, although it is not about the money, being told that compensation is not possible because we booked via a third party is ridiculous. It's 2012!!! Our 'compensation' consisted of him giving us his contact details and paying for our AED40 (approximately £7) cab fare to the Sheraton, where we checked in for 4 days. He also said that we would be welcome to a discount/ upgrade next time we stayed. As if?! It was an absolute dream to check in to the Sheraton which was quiet, in a great location, a fraction of the price, helpful and had a SUPERB breakfast. Al Raha Beach? It should be called Al Rip-off!

Room Tip: Don't stay!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank jmm73
Derby
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I visited this hotel with my sister who lives in Abu Dhabi. We wanted somewhere to chill by the pool for the day. The pool area was very clean with a lovely infinity pool. My niece enjoyed the play area. It was a shame that the beach area was closed the day we visited as they were tidying it up and dredging the sand. We had lunch on the terrace and it was lovely.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank cath61Derby
Amman, Jordan
Reviewed 5 June 2012

My wife and spent 3 glorious days at this hotel. Gulf views, massive sized room on the second floor. Facilities are top class as are the staff. Loved the pool and the views. Food is excellent and so is the service.

The Al Raha mall is right next door, with internal access. The hotel is handily placed for ease of access to Yas Island and downtown Abu Dhabi. Family friendly and I will definitely return again.

Room Tip: Get a gulf room view. it's worth the money.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We stayed in this hotel for one night. As a group of 8 adults and 4 children, we booked 5 rooms. Our stay was really relaxing and refreshing. Sea Food dinner was more than we expected. Breakfast was out of our expectations as well. Hotel facilities and swimming pools and spas both inside and outdoors were keeping all of us at the hotel to enjoy. Children enjoyed the lovely atmosphere as well. Above all these, hotel team were all very friendly and helpful. Thank you so much for the excellent service you offered.

Room Tip: Try to choose Sea view rooms to enjoy the beautiful scenery!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends