“Total relaxation”

Al Raha Beach Hotel
Ranked #30 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Just back from a second visit to Abu Dhabi and a second stay at Al Raha and it is now safely in first place on my list of hotels. The new wing is amazing and the rooms are outstanding. The pool is fantastic and food at any of the restaurants worth a visit. With the Mall next door you have access to a supermarket to avoid mini bar prices if you so desire! Having visited Dubai last year if you expect the same you will be disappointed. If you want a week where you relax sun sea and being looked after its the place to go. The spa is reasonable and with a shuttle bus into the Malls it is a cheap alternative to a taxi although £12 for a 45km taxi ride is not to bad. Don't bother with expensive pick ups at Abu Dhabi airport. I did and it didn't show. Got a local taxi and saved money :-)
One thing I did notice for a few days high winds that was bearable until you got out the pool. I stil burnt though so was not exactly cold. Noticed on the last day the noise from Yas F1 track for the first time. Being a petrol head I loved it but the wife was glad we did not stay at the Yas Marina this time. Just a plus point for Al Raha though. It gets a top rating from me and I am a bit of a fussy rater if I am honest!
Special mention for Vivienne lovely to see you again :-)

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank F1GGG
Diana A, Director of Sales at Al Raha Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2013

Dear Sir,

It was our privilege to have you stay with us. I would like to thank you for taking some of your valuable time to write to us to comment on our service and facilities through the Trip Advisor Site.

I am very glad to learn that you are enjoying your stay with us and you are pleased with our services and facilities including our new rooms in the extension wing.

Your comments are passed on to all our employees particulary Vivian. Receiving such positive comments is very rewarding to all our employees and can only encourage them to strive further to meet our valuable guests needs and exceed their expectations at all times.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Al Raha Beach Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Al Raha Beach Hotel

Reviewed 22 February 2013

This is a wonderful hotel with a friendly staff! The suite had a great view of the relaxing pool area! The pictures on the website do not do the hotel justice! I can't wait to stay there again!

I didn't go to the spa or have any children with me but I did go to the gym area and the spa looked nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

It was our privilege to have you stay with us. I would like to thank you for taking some of your valuable time to express through the Trip Advisor site your views and convey your comments on our service and facilities.

I am very glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities met your expectations.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

Beautiful spacious rooms, great furniture, comfy beds and free WI-FI. Overlooking the beach with Abu Dhabi's skyline on the horizon. Staff are friendly and cooperative, always smiling. The breakfast buffet is plentiful with a lot of choices.
Access is a little long winded but worth the hassle.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank OussamaSalah

Dear Mr. Salah,

Reviewed 19 February 2013

we had 3 days at this hotel from 10 feb 2013 from the time we arrived the staff went out of there way to help you, we got in at 5.30 am so were tired, the room sea veiw was good we had a fault with the safe and persons before us damage the dimmer switch withing 5 mins of reporting the damage they were getting repaired good service, breakfast was good and the evening meals very good, drinks a bit pricey but over all a good hotel well done to the staff

Room Tip: sea veiws are good
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

It was our privilege to have you stay with us. . I would like to thank you for taking some of your valuable time to write to us to comment on our service and facilities.

I am very glad to learn that you are enjoying your stay with us and you are pleased with our services and facilities.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

we reached hotel at 1 PM on friday, problems faced are highlighted below

1) nobody at the reception... LONG Q AT THE RECEPTION.
2) person told us check in will be at 2 and we will be called but I didn't get any call instead I had to go to them.
3) Ultimately we go the room was not given with a proper views even though I asked for a good view room and I booked it 4 or 5 days prior to our visit. Also nobody escorted us till our room and the reception just showed us how to go to 2nd floor.

After coming to the room our luggage came after 20 minutes and I had to call them to deliver ASAP.

4) I called up the reception from the room nobody picked up, waiting for half n hour to get a call back
5) I went to reception myself to ask for room change, Chritina said there are no rooms but a room infront of 366 was vacating so 378 was given to us.

6) christina asked us something we were shocked to hear " Are you guys going to shift by yourself or shall I send a person to help with your luggage". I mean how can she ask this?? It is obvious that she has to send a person to shift our luggage. Ultimately we shifted on our own. Also nobody came to room to joint the bed also as there were 2 single beds in the room 378.

7) there was a long que for omlette centre which was was not as expected.

8) There was a sparrow dirt lying on the table in seville restaurant and nobody was bothered to clean it.

9) The money was charged before we complete the stay and before we check-out, which is I think is not at all proper. All 5 star hotels charge after the check out only.

10) pool was having some dust in the water and also paper bags were lying in it.

11) there was water blockage in room 378 and also the toilet shower was leaking.

GOOD PART
1) THE VIEW FROM THE ROOM IS NICE
2) beach is good and relaxing.

Room Tip: choose room on 2nd floor for a better view of beach.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Jvalin S

Dear Ms. Jvalin,

It was our privilege to have you stay with us during your last visit to the emirate of Abu Dhabi. I would like to thank you for taking some of your valuable time to give your views on our services and facilities through the Trip Advisor Site.

I am very sorry to learn about your disappointments and poor services experienced during your stay with us.

Whilst I can assure you, that any inconvenience experienced in this instance would have been as a result of thoughtfulness rather than intent, please be assured that all your comments have been communicated to the concerned heads of departments and all shortcomings have been addressed and appropriate actions have been taken.

I hope this one time experience will not mark your impression of Al Raha Beach Hotel and we would very much welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence and look forward to your next visit and rest assured that no efforts would be spared to make your next stay at Al Raha Beach Hotel memorable and pleasurable.

Once again please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.

Looking for the pleasure to welcoming you back to Al Raha Beach Hotel. Should you need any further assistance on any of your future bookings, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

I stayed in the property for five nights, the rooms were spacious with all the amenities you would expect from a first class hotel. It was a short drive from the airport, taxis were always on hand and the staff could not do enough for you.
I very much enjoyed the buffet at dinner on the nights I was able to relax at the hotel and found the variety offering plants to suit all tastes.
A great hotel wth a fabulous view on the Aldar HQ and at night, the hotel grounds are fabulous.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Kevin R

Dear Mr. Kevin,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

Your comments are passed on to all our employees especially the food & beverage & kitchen team where you have enjoyed your dinner. Receiving such positive comments is very rewarding to our employees and can only encourage them to strive further to meet our valuable guests needs and exceed their expectations at all times.

Reviewed 31 January 2013

We have read a lot of reviews before we made a decision to book this hotel to spend the NY2013. We travelled with two children, 4 years and 2 years old, and were looking for a place to relax and the kids to enjoy. The hotel has kids club, kids swimming pool and kids (till certain age) eat for free at breakfast buffet.
The whole experience in the hotel was amazing. We spent 18 days in the hotel, and there was no one day of disappointment.
Mind the location, its situated a bit out of city and you can use either free shuttle bus provided by the hotel to the city or use taxi. We tried couple of trips on a shuttle bus and should admit it was quiet convenient.
Starting from the reception, the guest relationship manager, Mr. Basil took care of all our special requests and enquires with high professionalism, he was always there and yet, not intrusive.
Another lady who was also very helpful is Miss. Honey, she gave us couple of tips as which places would be good to visit with the children, and my kids liked her so much.
We were asked if we would like to spend the 2013 New year at the silver blue ball room, which was arranged to the hotel guests wishing to spend new year with the belly dance performance and nicely arranged buffet. At first, we were hesitant, since we had kids with us all the time, but even then, the hotel arranged for a “pajama Party “ at the kids club, with a very nice kids club attendant Alma, Garry and few others. Kids were in ecstasy, to say the list. Special food was organized for them as well. This is just to say how much the hotel admin think of every detail of your stay..
Hotel amenities include nice temperature regulated outdoor pool, nice and clean beach, saunas, shisha bar (recommend to visit to get the local flavor), pool snacks bar, sevilla restaurant, with daily buffet meals, and azur restaurant for a la cart..We tried all of them, and Sevilla impressed us the most, the food was very delicious, the verity was huge and the atmosphere was nice. On some days (I think its Thursday) there is a buffet brunch for little ones with the magician and clown.. and amazing brunch with the life music at the same restaurant.. kids were so happy. The waiter Rashel at the veranda was always attentive and helpful, Nishad cooking breakfast at the buffet was dealing with few people at the same time with no delays.
We would like to outline especially the hard work of al raha beach hotel staff to make every day of our stay memorable and comfortable.
We definitely would come back there again.

Room Tip: Plese ask for gulf view room. There is a pillow menue policy..Ask for shuttle bus schedule at the re...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family

Dear Ms. Helina,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

Your comments are passed on to all our employees particularly Basil and Honey from Front Office, Alma & Gary from Recreation, Rachel and Nishad from food & beverage, receiving such positive comments are very rewarding to all our employees and can only encourage them to strive further to meet our valuable guests needs and exceed their expectations at all times.