“Business and leisure all in one”

Al Raha Beach Hotel
Ranked #26 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Business and leisure all in one”
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

I've been meeting with people in Al Raha Beach Hotel for tge last two weeks and it's very convenient. The entrance is very eide and you can spot anyone and everyone in the lobby. The coffee shop opposit the reception counter makes it very easy for visitors to rest and grab a coffe or a drink on the go. You can never get bored with the entertainment period of live Harb music, very romantic and relaxing. The bar and restaurant are accessable, no one can miss it. After you have your lunch or dinner you can walk out side near the sea shore; all visitors can enjoy the beach as told by the reception staff but i didn't personally check it out. I'll do another review once i try it.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Diana A, Director of Sales at Al Raha Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Dear Mr. Shahrazaad,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

It was our privilege to have you stay with us. I would like to thank you for taking some of your valuable time to express through the Trip Advisor site your views and convey your comments on our service and facilities.

I am very glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities met your expectations. This type of thoughtful feedback is extremely helpful and important to us in delivering the highest levels of quality and services to our valuable guests.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Al Raha Beach Hotel.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lyon, France
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I have just returned from a week's stay in the Al Raha Beach Hotel and unfortunately my overall experience was a disappointment. On the positive side, this is a beautiful hotel and our room was lovely and spacious, with a huge and very nice bathroom. The pool area and communal areas are also very well kept. However, we felt this was very much undermined by the poor quality of service we received throughout the week. The staff are friendly and it's clear that many are trying their best, but it just appears that they've received very little training and there is a lack of management and leadership across the board, from the reception area to the restaurants.

The poolside restaurant was the biggest mess - although they promise service around the pool and on the private beach, the waiters never came round to take orders. On one occasion, I went to the bar to order a milkshake and waited one hour for this - I finally got it on my third trip to the bar. There was a queue of guests at the bar complaining as they'd all been waiting a long time for food, but no apologies were given. I gave up and never used that bar again. Despite this, the management are very keen to try to stop you taking your own drinks or snacks anywhere near the pool.

In the main buffet restaurant, the staff were not very attentive, particularly during dinner service, and it was very hard to attract anyone's attention to order drinks or get the bill. I am normally very happy to pay service charge, but it does sting a little to have a 10% compulsory service charge added to every bill, even when the service has been very poor. The overall impression that I was left with was that the hotel was far more interested in making as much money as possible from each guest and far less interested in ensuring the guests feel welcome and well attended to.

This could be an excellent hotel, if the management start to invest more in training staff and ensuring that the quality of service is improved across the board. It's a shame to see such a beautiful hotel being so poorly managed in this way. The service was in no way the same league as other five star hotels I have stayed in and I find it hard to imagine that they will maintain their five star rating unless some improvements are made.

4 Thank ejb190
Dear Ms. ejb190,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

I am very sorry to learn about your disappointment on the poolside restaurant service and in Sevilla Restaurant service you have experienced during your stay with us, thus we regret such inconvenience experienced.

We have always placed our guest’s comfort and best interest on our top priority and we are committed to maintain an honest relationship with you as our valued partners. Please be assured that all your comments have been communicated to the concerned heads of departments and all shortcomings have been addressed and appropriate actions have been taken.

Chisinau, Moldova
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Not too close to too far from Downtown. The taxi to the city is about AED50. To Ferrari world about AED25.

The night of checking the room we paid for was not available. The reception told us they can check us in into nicer room in the morning. I insisted I want a room i paid for and they upgraded us to a nicer room. I was polite, but firm. They responded right away. I guess like in most hotels they have to tell you the lesser option, but if you are nice, but insist they will upgrade without argument.

Room was clean and the cleaning service was timely and good.

Breakfast was good. Not like in Turkish 5 star hotels, but a good selection of Western, Arabic and Mediterranean selections. You can get a fresh omelet of you choosing as well as eggs cooked to your liking. Many pastries and sweets. Tea and coffee are ok, but not excellent. Make sure to ask for a string spoon if you need one.

The pool side is very nice. Ask the lifeguard to get you a spot and he will work hard to help. Drinks are very expensive. Meals at the buffet restaurant are also not cheap. We ate at a-la-carte place and cost was almost the same, but food was better. Expect about $50 per person per meal. Poolside food is cheaper. Room service is excellent, delicious and also cheaper.

There is a mall adjacent to hotel. They have a LuLu grocery store. If you have $$ to change just get sowing there and they will give thou change with AED. Their exchange rate is better then hotel.

I would come back to this hotel if come back to Abu Dhabi.

Room Tip: Make sure they give you the room you paid for. Ask for room in the new wing if possible.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Evghenii S
Dear Ms. Evghenii,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

I am very glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities met your expectations. Receiving such positive comments are very rewarding to all our employees and can only encourage them to strive further to meet our valuable guests needs and exceed their expectations at all times.

Arkansas
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My son and I stayed here and also enjoyed a trip to Ferrari World. The hotel staff was all very friendly and helpful. I requested a Christmas Card for my son, as a way to personalize the gift (The stay and theme park were his Christmas gift). Though the card wasn't in the room when we arrived, when we returned home after the theme park, there was the card, signed by many of the hotel staff, and two nice Christmas chocolates. It was very thoughtfully done. The hotel was very, very nice. Huge tub, two wonderful beds, plenty of room, lovely sea view and large balcony just behind the drapes, complimentary fruit plate, excellent room service, and delicious breakfast with excellent coffee. Truly, this was likely overall the best hotel stay experience we've ever had and I'd love to go back. Splendid service and impeccable accommodation.

Room Tip: I only experienced the sea view room, but it was wonderful. I'd highly recommend it.
1 Thank ArkansasHousecat
Dear Ms. ArkansasHousecat,

Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Good reception and the services provided, and the beautiful views of the sea and the wonderful calm, having a gym, and spacious rooms and upscale bathroom and free Wi- FIY excellent.

I advise everyone experience this hotel

Room Tip: Deluxe Room overlooking the Gulf Deluxe Room overlooking the Gulf
1 Thank MARWAN A
Diana A, Director of Sales at Al Raha Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Dear Mr. Marwan,

Gottskär, Hallands Län, Sweden
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Just come back from an 11 night stay at this hotel and we did not want to leave. Although our first room was on the front and noisy one we told the reception we were immediately moved to a better room. And the first room was all because that was what the travel agent had booked. We enjoyed every minute of this stay and are already thinking about coming back same time next year.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AnetteBell
Dear Ms. AnetteBell,

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Al Raha Beach Hotel is one of the best places I've stayed in the UAE. The hotel and its surroundings are beautiful, and the service is fantastic. The staff makes you feel like you are the most important guest at the hotel - from the front desk to housekeeping. I go there every time I stay in Abu Dhabi.

3 Thank Lindsay F
Diana A, Director of Sales at Al Raha Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Mr. Globetrotter304,