“A Perfect Weekend Away”

Al Raha Beach Hotel
Ranked #26 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
“A Perfect Weekend Away”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

A thoroughly enjoyable stay at a high quality, customer friendly hotel.
From the moment we arrived we were warmly welcomed by all staff. Our room was spacious with a beautiful balcony overlooking one of the hotel beaches. The only negative was that the other beach was out of bounds as it was being maintained. Obviously this can't be helped. Great selection of restaurants and don't forget your entertainer vouchers as these saved us a lot of money. Loved Al Raha Beach Hotel, definitely sad to leave.

• Stayed February 2014
Diana A, Director of Sales at Al Raha Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Ms. LouiseKBailey,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

It was our privilege to have you stay with us. I would like to thank you for taking some of your valuable time to express through the Trip Advisor site your views and convey your comments on our service and facilities.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Al Raha Beach Hotel.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

we book al raha beach hotel for the a holiday in feb.we were not told anything about the beach being closed or refurbishment work that would be taking place.so we used the villa beach and pools but the pool was cold for my 8 months daughter. We went to use the two indoor pools ,but we couldn't as only if your child is 12 years of age and above can use the pool .although one of them is a baby pool .the standard of cleaning was poor for a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank rossie74
Dear Ms. Rossie,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

I am very sorry to learn about your disappointment on lack of information on our beach closure and thus we regret such inconvenience experienced. Beach is now open from 3 March.

We have always placed our guest’s comfort and best interest on our top priority and we are committed to maintain an honest relationship with you as our valued partners. Please be assured that all your comments have been communicated to the concerned heads of departments and all shortcomings have been addressed and appropriate actions have been taken.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

We went to this hotel half term break with our 17 year old daughter we were informed 4 days before regarding maintenance on the beach to say no inconvenience to us but how wrong they were, we had JCBS and dumper trucks all day every day the noise was terrible.If you are staying at this hotel don't go with teenagers under 21 has they are not allowed to go into the black pearl bar which is the main bar and are expected to sit in the lobby and wait for you to have a drink.
Our room was large but not superior in my opinion and freezing we were offered blankets and a Heater which we left on day and night room 344.
What a total waste of our money

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Allison O
Dear Ms. Allison O,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

We have always placed our guest’s comfort and best interest on our top priority and we are committed to maintain an honest relationship with you as our valued partners. Please be assured that all your comments have been communicated to the concerned heads of departments and appropriate actions have been taken.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I am a frequent visitor to A.D. and like to stay in different hotels for variety.
THis was my first time at Al-Raha.
The hotel is located near to airport and Yas Island (it is about 30 mins into the City)

I was pleasantly pleased with the facilities and general feel of the place, yeh sure the Beach is been renovated (they did offer to shuttle me to the residences)

The pool area was just fine and served as a nice place to chill and watch the Sun set.
The Gym and classes were better than a lot of other Hotels I stay at- it also has a Sauna/steam room too.

I ate in the little 'nightclub' with a nice duo singing.

Overall a very nice hotel and place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mr. John J,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

I am very glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities met your expectations and we are glad for your understanding on the beach closure. Offering exceptional experience, the beach is now open and ready to reveal its stunning gaze.

Derry
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I am currently a guest in Al Raha Beach Hotel. Our room is huge, with every possible amenity, flat screen tv, super king size bed and a hige bathroom with excellent power shower and full size bath. Our room is cleaned to perfection each day often with flowers placed on our bed etc. we have a large balcony with chairs and table -a lovely place to relax in the evenings and watch the sun set over the Arabian Gulf.
Our check in was swift, although despite staying here on an All Inclusive basis we were asked for a credit card imprint??? Hopefully all will be well at checkout!
I did have an issue with food originally but after a meeting with George Chatziemmanouil Director of Food and Beverage all issues were sorted. Staff here are exceptional so eager to please and so keen to help. Alcohol takes along time to arrive from you order it's however a small price to pay.

currently the beach is out of order as they are doing some construction work. this is a real pain with the sounds of heavy plant and machinery impacting on your relaxation. hopefully it will soon be complete.

We are in room 207 with excellent sea and pool views, yet close to restaurant, reception etc.

This hotel tries very hard to please with a classical harpist in the huge foyer each day and staff constantly checking that you are ok.

I would highly recommend this hotel although UAE do not have the same ideas about all-inclusive holidays as the Caribbean ...............

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mr. OMGJ,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

I am very glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities met your expectations. Your comments are passed on to Mr. George, our F&B Director and all staff of Al Raha Beach Hotel, receiving such positive comments are very rewarding to all our employees and can only encourage them to strive further to meet our valuable guests needs and exceed their expectations at all times.

Though, I am very sorry to learn about your disappointment on the beach closure and thus we regret such inconvenience experienced. Considering the importance of the project, the disturbances resulting from noise was expected and we spare no effort to keep it to the minimum level. Offering exceptional experience, we would like to inform you that the beach is now open.

Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We booked our stay 5 weeks prior to our visit, we emailed the hotel directly so they had the opportunity to let us know that their would be refurbishments taking place on the beach directly attached to the hotel. However, we weren't told anything. On arrival we were asked if we'd like to pay at the beginning or end of our stay, we paid on arrival. As we were taken to our room the guy carrying our luggage informed us that the beach would be closed but the beach belonging to the villas would be open for us to use. If we had been informed before making our booking we would have stayed elsewhere as sunbathing with 2 huge diggers working behind me isn't how I like to spend my holiday in a 5* resort. 3 days into our 5 night trip I visited Guest relations to share my feelings with a member of staff who said the manager would contact me to solve the issue. A day later I still hadn't heard anything so i revisited Guest relations and the person at the desk suggested she could reduce our room rate for our final night by 200 dirhams. Considering our room rate was 1100 dirhams per night, this was not good enough for me and a male manager was sent. He was very rude and didn't apologise for what had happened. He said to me that the beach closure and the noise weren't an inconvenience and what I was saying "makes no sense". Finally we came to an agreement that our room bill of 470 dirhams would be cleared and we wouldn't owe the hotel any more money. My partner and I expected a much more generous outcome. I would not visit again, our room was lovely in the new extension building but the standard of cleanliness was not 5*. The main building, and Seville restaurant was very dark and dated and the spa area could do with modernising. I would also hope that at a 5* resort the food was freshly prepared but as I waited for some fresh food to be brought out at the buffet I watched the chef rip open the boxes of chicken spring rolls and chuck them in the deep fat fryer! I would expect better at a travel lodge!!

It does not compare to any other 5* resorts I have previously stayed in in Dubai and it has put me off returning in Abu Dhabi.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank GeorgiaH26
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Pre booked Valentines day dinner at the main hotel restaurant on 14 Feb 2014. We went for the unlimited Bubbly Dinner Buffet with Heart Shaped Cake for Two. The decorations were very tacky (plastic table cloth decorations) and the tables were uncomfortably close to other diners. We had to ask twice for our first drinks and when they did arrive, it was certainly not the bubbly we were expecting. Yes it had bubbles in it, but it was all but undrinkable - always suspicious when the class is bought to the table already poured, rather than to pour from the bottle at the table. The refill, which again had to be asked for a number of times (in the hope that the first was an 'off bottle') came with ice cubes in the glass - ice cubes in bubbly??!! We are not fussy drinkers by any stretch of the imagination, but we could not finish the 2nd glass - it was that terrible.

The food quality and food selection was not much better - the buffet selection being dominated by salads .... and all for 720 AED per couple. We never received our heart shaped cake either!

Service and value for money were terrible. With so much better on offer in Abu Dhabi, we will not be going back.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple