“Al Raha Beach Hotel”

Ranked #27 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“Al Raha Beach Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

We arrived in mid afternoon after a morning sightseeing. The lunch buffet was still on and we enjoyed it- a big selection of food and desserts, and a nice view sitting outside on the verandah with a cold beer. The waitress came to tell us when the buffet was nearly closing - good service. The beach and pool area were relaxing.
The room was very nice, a huge bathroom as others have commented upon and twice about 6ish we were asked if we needed anything, more water etc. At breakfast we just wanted something light and quick. The lobby café was excellent with a healthy choice including coffee & tea, orange juice fruit , yogurt, 2 eggs and croissants at a good price. We must comment about the very colorful carpets in the lobby - very different from most hotels - interesting design and use of color -not sure if it would be every ones taste but we think it was good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Craig N
Diana A, Director of Sales at Al Raha Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Mr. Craig N,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

It was our privilege to have you stay with us. I would like to thank you for taking some of your valuable time to express through the Trip Advisor site your views and convey your comments on our service and facilities.

I am very glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities met your expectations including the great comments for the interior design of our lobby.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Al Raha Beach Hotel.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Good property for holidays, in general the resort is good, quite large distances between places, like getting from my room to the pool was a 10 min walk... and it was the private beach... in the hotel, it's just big...
Good breakfast buffet, good service.
The spa was ok, not impressed wit the Jacuzzi and the steam room, for such an amazing hotel they could have splash a bit more on that.... no great taste, it kind of let it down.
Good service, free valeting car park.
It has a link directly to the Al Raha mall which is a bit poor, just two or three fast food places, an electronics shop and a supermarket. But it does the job...

I would recommend the hotel if you are in holidays.

Room Tip: Deluxe sea view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank FranGalan
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed here for a week with my husband and two teenage kids in April. The positives about the hotel are: ten minutes from the main Abu Dhabi airport and Yas Island, door staff/porters are extremely friendly and helpful, the hotel is beautifully decorated and kept very clean, the swimming pool is of a nice temperature and the area is kept clean with always enough sun beds for everyone, the rooms (we had a gulf view room) is nicely decorated with a Huge bed, complimentary daily water,tea and coffee facilities and the bathroom is the most amazing bathroom I have ever been in with a huge double shower, separate bath and separate toilet with a marble sink and surrounding area is really outstanding. The restaurant offered a different theme every night and the food was of a high standard with lots of choices.
Now for the not so positive findings: we asked on arrival if we could up grade to all inclusive and were told we couldn't as it had to be pre booked (although annoying at the time we were actually glad we didn't as we were better off not doing it). The main restaurant staff at breakfast were very slow and miserable, not enough tables for people, tea always came without milk and by the time they came back with the milk the tea was cold, as the hotel is nowhere near anything you have to eat at the hotel unless you want go get a taxi into the city. At lunch time we ate at the pool but it was chaos every day, trying to order a drink at the bar was hard work and the waiting time was ridiculous, the food was lovely and lots of choice but took ages to be served, the staff always seemed busy but not enough staff for the guests. For an evening meal you have a choice of 2 restaurants.
Downstairs is the Azure restaurant, food was lovely but cutlery was missing and service slow, the inside restaurant was a bit of a joke, we ordered a bottle of wine twice but didn't receive it until we were eating our pudding,we sent it back on the second night and just drunk water, also the food often ran out quite early and when we spoke to the restaurant staff they didn't do anything to replace it, puddings were very much the same sort of thing every night and it got quite boring after a while, it was quite expensive to eat there. The piano bar was nice but for over 21's which we couldn't drink as a family there. There is nothing to do at the hotel in the evening and were in bed quite early which was a shame. I spent half a morning in the spa which was wonderful, I had a lovely massage and the spa are was empty with a pool and jacuzzi and steam room etc, it's not advertised very much and on the third floor so wonder how many guests are aware of its existence, would thoroughly recommend it there and the staff were incredibly friendly.
All in all the hotel is nice but no way outstanding, the beach area is poor and the sand very slippery in the sea, you can't swim out very far either. It is a good twenty five minutes into the city by taxi which are plentiful and not too expensive, nothing in the surrounding area apart from a shopping mall but really worth a miss as nothing there worth shopping for. I enjoyed my holiday here but after staying at the Jebel Ali in Dubai, I was really hoping this hotel would have been of the same standard but it really isn't even close. I wouldn't choose to stay here again,would probably stay in the city or at Yas Island where there is more to do.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank angeh15
Dear Ms. Angeh,

It was our privilege to have you stay with us during your last visit to the emirate of Abu Dhabi. I would like to thank you for taking some of your valuable time to give your views on our services and facilities through the Trip Advisor Site.

I am very sorry to learn about your disappointments and poor services experienced during your stay with us.

Whilst I can assure you, that any inconvenience experienced in this instance would have been as a result of thoughtfulness rather than intent, please be assured that all your comments have been communicated to the concerned heads of departments and all shortcomings have been addressed and appropriate actions have been taken.

We would very much welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence and look forward to your next visit and rest assured that no efforts would be spared to make your next stay at Al Raha Beach Hotel memorable and pleasurable.

Once again please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.

london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I paid with my air miles so can't comment on value for money.
Hotel is smart, well kept, well furnished and presented although not supremely elegant. You probably have to go up another £100 a night to the next level of hotel ( park hyatt, st Regis) if you want the designer look.
The welcome is warm and well organised with bell boy and an escort to your room.

ROOMS
Rooms are very good standard, I stayed in the new wing in a room that is one up from the standard room. Not sure what they are called.

If you want sun on your balcony, the rooms in the old wing facing the pool are in the shade all day, the rooms in the new wing overlooking the pool get it till the afternoon. Rooms in the new wing facing the private villas get it in the afternoon, so you get the sunset too. These rooms are very quiet. I assume pool side will be noisier at night time as you also have the outside bar there.
Overall the rooms are quiet, I didn't hear any neighbours. Not in flight path, no road noise, so its a relaxing stay.

THE BEACH
Having said that the hotels is popular with families due to kids club, pool, extensive kids stuff etc. I imagine the pool area is noisy all day however the beach is long enough to be able to get away from the pool noise by going to the far end. It was gloriously quiet on day one, On my second day ( out of a two day stay) there was pipped music blaring out at the quiet end of the beach, why do they do that!!!!

Sun beds and parasols are available although I was here in school hols and most beds on the beach had towels on them by 0930 am while their future occupiers had breakfast.
There are lifeguards on duty although the sea is calm as its in a sea canal rather than open sea ( google map for location)

I saw one beach bar chap bringing an order to someone on the beach but other than that I think you have to go to the beach bar to order food/ drinks, no beach service here!
Beach is swept clean overnight.

FACILITIES
The web site has the info on hotel facilities which are quite extensive, and watersports are available.
The spa does massages and facials.
There is also a steam room and sauna, although the changing rooms are not terribly smart and not kept tidy through out the day. Switch on your own sauna when you want to I use it (?), no hooks outside the sauna or steam room to hang bathrobes or towels. Showers are not cold enough to have a post sauna spritz.

STAFF
Staff are fine, helpful, smily and polite ...they do not go the extra mile to please and to seize every opportunity to 'delight' the guest as in the upper four star and five star properties. I was however called twice in my room, to make sure my room was comfortable after I arrived and then again to ask whether my room service meal was satisfactory. Of course there are a few shining stars and Vea the towel boy in the beach club is one of those.

CONCLUSION
In conclusion, I am probably being too picky, I am a Four Season girl, this hotel is great if you want an easy holiday without pretences, or if you want to stay somewhere nice that doesn't break the bank, and great for kids. Would I come back if I were staying in Abu Dhabi for a break in the sun and budgets were tight? Yes I would.

PS mainly Russians and some Middle East clients.

Room Tip: See above. And photo of hotel fire room layout.
1 Thank anitafiona
Diana A, Director of Sales at Al Raha Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Dear Ms. Anitafiona,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

I am very glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and certain services and facilities met your expectations. Your comments are passed on to all our staff especially in Guest Relation, Recreation and Vea who delight you and make your stay memorable one. Receiving such positive comments are very rewarding to all our employees and can only encourage them to strive further to meet our valuable guests needs and exceed their expectations at all times.

Thou we are very sorry to learn about the pipped music blaring out at the end of the beach due to some wedding event, changing rooms not kept tidy and not cold enough water in the showers for post sauna spritz.We have always placed our guest’s comfort and best interest on our top priority and we are committed to maintain an honest relationship with you as our valued partners. Please be assured that all your comments have been communicated to the concerned heads of departments and all shortcomings have been addressed and appropriate actions have been taken.

Umberleigh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I wanted to get away from the wet British winter and made a stopover in Abu Dhabi on way to Sudan (no wet winter there!). I pidked this hotel from a list as looking good: I was not disappointed. Check-in time was 14:00 but I arrived at o9:15 due to flight schedules. The room was not ready but the receptionist said she had put it on urgent and it would be ready by 11:00 but it was 10:30 when she told me I could go up. In the meantime I had a couple of (expensive) coffees in the Coffee Bar where the waitress was efficient and friendly. Very big room nicely laid out: big bathroom with separate shower -- lovely hot water. WI-fi in the room was free but it was unreliable and kept fading (Room 331). I took advantage of the "Courtesy Car" from the airport to the hotel at AED 150 (I was told beforehand that this is what it oud cost). Don' do this! Txi fare in an equally good vehicle with a chatty driver is only AED 25. No excuse for that kind of profiteering.

Room Tip: Rooms 300 upward with Gulf view
1 Thank trevorbart
Dear Mr. Trevorbart,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

Thou we are very sorry to learn about the misunderstanding on the taxi fare and quality of internet services. We have always placed our guest’s comfort and best interest on our top priority and we are committed to maintain an honest relationship with you as our valued partners. Please be assured that all your comments have been communicated to the concerned heads of departments and all shortcomings have been addressed and appropriate actions have been taken.

Munich, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

On a very short notice I decided to travel to Abu Dhabi. The breadth of 4* and 5* Hotels makes it difficult to choose but all in all I was very happy with my choice. The Al Raha convinces with a modern and chic atmosphere while staying true to the Arabic flair - as you would expect it when traveling to the UAE.
I can recommend the Courtyard Rooms in the new wing of the hotel. I also had staff show me the older rooms which I would not want to stay in even if they are facing the water. If you can try to get one further down the building towards the water since you also have a great view at a better price.
I only ate at the hotel twice but both times the food was really good. The mixed Arabic grill in the Pearl Piano bar or the dishes and Shishas at La Piscine are great.
The gym also offers a set of very new and well maintained equipment. Pool is not really suited for doing laps. Sunbeds are comfy and staff are very attentive. Could pass by more frequently to ask if you need something but that's subjective. Some people like their peace and quiet. The mix between sunbeds by the pool and on the beach is great. Caters everyone's needs. There is a mall next door which however didn't knock me of my chair. If you know your malls then you can certainly avoid going there unless it is for food shopping or souvenirs.
All in all a great hotel for a short stay with great access to all areas of the UAE.

Dear Ms. Ambassadorger,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

I am very glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities met your expectations. Receiving such positive comments are very rewarding to all our employees and can only encourage them to strive further to meet our valuable guests needs and exceed their expectations at all times.

Once again, thank you for your nice feedback as well as for recommending us. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Al Raha Beach Hotel.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

It was really great and magical staying at Al Raha beach hotel , Just perfect place to be and welcoming staff , Great job and Thanks a lot for making my anniversary memorable with a great romantic atmosphere :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ahmad E
Diana A, Director of Sales at Al Raha Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Mr. Ahmad E,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

I am very glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities met your expectations.