“Not recommended”

Ranked #26 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Cairo, Egypt
“Not recommended”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

My kids were on spring vacation, so I thought of getting them to a good hotel for a couple of days.
I searched a lot for a hotel in Abu Dhabi as I'm working in Dubai, and finally chose Al Raha Beach based on the images and ranking here. I called the hotel and got the prices and availability and told him I will call later in 10 min to confirm
The troubles began from the second call to the reservation when another girl replied to me and gave me a higher rate and also told me there is no availability on the requested dates, so I told her to transfer the call to the first agent (which I got his name in the first call). He confirmed there is availability with the same initial rates and I gave him my credit card for booking. Strange enough my card was charged with the full-amount just after the call, before even traveling !!!
When I reached the hotel, the receptionist told me that I can pay an extra and get a room in the new annex where the newer rooms are!!!
On the first day, my children (12 & 7) wanted to go to the pool once we arrived so I let them go and I stayed in the room. 5 minutes later they came and told me that the people working at the pool's reception refused to let them in, so I went with them to check and they told me that my children can't go to the pool by themselves and when I insisted they made me sign a document that the hotel is not liable if anything happened to them (this is my first time to see something like this) and that was the second problem after the credit card one.
Worth to mention that the pool itself although it's big and in good form but it's temperature is extremely cold that no one can bare it for more than 10 min.

I also discovered that their beach is not really on the sea, but else on a small lagoon which is closed from 3 sides !! (Take a look on google earth and you will understand it)

At night we couldn't find a good restaurant neither in the hotel nor in the mall attached to it, so I had to drive for 25 KM to go to the nearest mall where we can find a good restaurant to eat in. And this happened on the second night as well.

For the room itself, it's so spacious and we ordered an extra bed and still it was a spacious room with a real king size bed, and that was the good part, however the bathroom was not clean and there was a lot of small flies around the toilet seat as well as a lot of soap and water traces around the tub.

The only meal we got at the hotel was the breakfast which was the second good thing in this hotel.

As a whole experience, it was not good at all and I wouldn't recommend it by any means.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Tamer_Ismail_
Diana A, Director of Sales at Al Raha Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Mr. Tamer,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

It was our privilege to have you stay with us. I would like to thank you for taking some of your valuable time to express through the Trip Advisor site your views and convey your comments on our service and facilities.

I am very glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities met your expectations.

Though we are very sorry to learn about your disappointment and poor service you experienced during your stay with us thus we regret such inconvenience experienced.

I hope this one time experience will not mark your impression of Al Raha Beach Hotel and we would very much welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence and look forward to your next visit and rest assured that no efforts would be spared to make your next stay at Al Raha Beach Hotel memorable and pleasurable.

Once again please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed for 10 nights. My family and I enjoyed every moment of our stay from arrival to departure. The rooms were in very good condition. Room service was great. The pool area is very well laid out and no overcrowding, not to mention kids own play area with slides. Exclusive beach. I used frequently well equipped gym, ample equipment to work out. The food was great at La Piscine and restaurants. The facility was safe and kept very clean. It is worth mentioning that the staff at all levels were great and helpful. In addition, the hotel is close to the airport, Ferrari World and Yas Waterpark, what more can you ask for?

Room Tip: I would go for gulf view room with balcony
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ashish S
Dear Mr. Ashish,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Al Raha Beach Hotel.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We spent a night in Al Raha Beach resort and we must say it was amazing. Staff are so friendly, Amelie from Reception is so helpful. lots of facilities.. But if you are looking for a quite beach and pool, you must head to the one near the villas, it's quite there. Wagyu beef burger around the pool must be tried :) and the best seafood risotto in Azur restaurant you can have. Everything was simply amazing.

Nadim & Anna :)

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nadim_adel
Dear Mr. Nadim Adel,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

I am very glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities met your expectations. Your comments are passed on to all our employees especially with Amelie of Reception, receiving such positive comments are very rewarding to all our employees and can only encourage them to strive further to meet our valuable guests needs and exceed their expectations at all times.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

One the best hotels i stayed at... No words.
Service was great.
Sea food night open buffet was great.
Swiming pool for the kids and one for adults are great.
Beach clean even thu I would like see more umberalles....
Room service was excellent but the kids meal was really awfal, very bad......

• Stayed April 2014
Diana A, Director of Sales at Al Raha Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Mr. Docfamili,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

Though we are very sorry to learn about your disappointment on the quality of our Kids Meal, please be assured that your comments have been communicated to the concerned heads of departments and appropriate actions have been taken.

Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here for a week with two friends. Lovely hotel but has few issues. Tea service slow in the mornings. Indoor pool was being renovated while we were there but on the plus side didn't need it as weather was glorious. Beach is lovely but sand in water gets a bit slippery the further out you go. Staff lovely especially the lifeguards, concierge and the waiting staff in Azure. Went on full board basis which is for main buffet restaurant but you get an 80aed allowance to eat in either the pool or azure restaurant. Entertainment was poor as they were waiting to open their new Irish bar. We used to go by taxi to Coopers in the rotana hotel or else Yas Island. Would even consider staying in Yas Island if I returned. Make sure and check out Ladies nights as you get specials offers. Ornina restaurant by taxi lovely also for night out and they do ladies night. Overall hotel was class especially new part. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Choose new part of hotel with gulf view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Mr. Dromcil,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

I am very sorry to learn about your disappointment on the tea service and entertainment during your stay with us thus we regret such inconvenience experienced. We have always placed our guest’s comfort and best interest on our top priority and we are committed to maintain an honest relationship with you as our valued partners. Please be assured that all your comments have been communicated to the concerned heads of departments and all shortcomings have been addressed and appropriate actions have been taken.

Though we are glad to learn that you still have enjoyed your stay with us and some of our services and facilities met your expectations. Your comments are passed on to our lifeguards, concierge team and the staff in Azure, receiving such positive comments are very rewarding to all our employees and can only encourage them to strive further to meet our valuable guests needs and exceed their expectations at all times

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

My partner & I stayed here over eid el fetr and two thumbs up. We always opt for seaview and We got one of thebedt room. Overlooking the pretty pool with the bar, sea & garden. Great breskfast selection with nice view & ambiance, hotel lobby is luxurious.

Room Tip: Ask for seaview, experience nice wake up feeling
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jen E
Dear Ms. Jen E,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Away from the hustle bustle of the city this is a great hotel with amazing amenities. We stayed here for 2 nights and it was our anniversary, overall we enjoyed alot. It has adjacent mall (Al Raha Mall) and on the way to the mall it has a liquor shop where you can buy unlimited alcohol without any licence -- Its a pretty sweet and rear deal when you live in this part of the world.

Private Beach and Swimming pool are very clean. Friendly staff, very helpful concierge and all the stuff that you can expect in a good 5star hotel.

Room Tip: Please check at the reception for discount and free tickets to Ferrari world or Yas water park. Plea...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple