“Easter Holiday” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Alsager, United Kingdom
“Easter Holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 10 nights over Easter with our two children (2 & 6).

This was a lovely clean hotel. The rooms are very spacious. Room cleaning service was good. We had a couple of issues with the tv/fridge but they were fixed quickly.

Our only issues were, breakfast was rather expensive for the quality. Plus the children's pool was very tired and could do with a re-vamp. We did find that as with other places we've stayed, guests were reserving sun beds at 7am in the morning by placing towels out, you need to watch out for Friday & Saturdays as it gets busy with local residents enjoying a day by the pool. I was out at the pool with my children at 9am and 80% of the sun beds had towels on them.

The hotel suited us as we were visiting friends, who lived nearby. However it's not the place to stay if you want to go out at night and don't want a 20min taxi journey.

A nice holiday overall and my fussy husband and I would stay again.

Room Tip: Recommend a beach view with balcony.
1 Thank Rachel12342014
Diana A, Director of Sales at Al Raha Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Ms. Rachel,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

It was our privilege to have you stay with us. I would like to thank you for taking some of your valuable time to express through the Trip Advisor site your views and convey your comments on our service and facilities.

I am very glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities met your expectations. Receiving such positive comments are very rewarding to all our employees and can only encourage them to strive further to meet our valuable guests needs and exceed their expectations at all times.

Though we are very sorry to learn about your dissatisfaction on some other issues during your stay with us. We want you to know that we value your comments and all shortcomings have been communicated to the concerned heads of departments and appropriate actions will be taken.

Once again please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Riddleden,Keighley, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We thought from start to finish the whole experience was fantastic. We were picked up at the airport and taken straight to the hotel. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted with English speaking receptionists who couldn't be more helpful. Our luggage was taken to our room, which was a sea view facing room. (Deluxe suite 127). This room was huge and catered for our family very well with lots of room. (2 adults, a 14 and 11 year old.) The room was very clean and the views from the balcony were great. We walked to the a joining shopping mall which was lovely and was all air conditioned. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and the food was well displayed in a buffet style with lots of variety. We tried lots of new food which was amazing. We had one evening meal in the main hotel restaurant and that was buffet style too which our boys thought was fantastic. They had a different buffet style each night and catered for everyone. Even though they were doing renovation work to the pool area it didn't interfere with our break or swim in the pool. We would definitely go back and stay for longer.

Room Tip: we had sea view deluxe which had views of pool, bar, sea and beach.
1 Thank ShelleyBritton
Dear Ms. Shelley Britton,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Al Raha Beach Hotel.

Geelong, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed six nights at Easter in two Garden View rooms. The rooms were spacious and comfortable with large bathrooms complete with new gadgetry. Abu Dhabi has very cheap rental cars so we got one from the airport on arrival. The hotel is not far from the airport and has a great valet service to park your car for you. It stays cool being under cover.
The location is a long way from the city centre, however with Abu Dhabi not really having much of a centre, it didn't matter. Where it is is very handy to Yas Island, a place that is a must do with the major tourist attractions. There is a shopping mall attached to the hotel which has a very handy LuLu Supermarket.
The facilities of the hotel are very good. The gym is well equipped and the pool is large, deep and has the perfect temperature. The beach is great for an alternate swim and to be able to say you swam in the Persian Gulf but the pool is better. We also played squash there although it was at an extra cost and not cheap. The staff were all very polite and helpful.

Dear Ms. DalyWaters,

Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

Superb family holiday 5 adults and 3 children - We stayed 10 nights on All Inclusive package. Interconnecting Grand Gulf View Rooms in new annexe. Very friendly staff, clean, tidy and new. The hotel has a grand Arabic ambience and not so commercial as Dubai. All staff couldn't be more helpful and willing to go out of their way for you - which was very reassuring.

There were a few minor hiccups and a few issues but these were sorted very quickly. On the whole a superb place to stay and we'd like to say a massive thank you to George (Director) and all the staff in the hotel for making our stay very comfortable and enjoyable

Previously, we have always stayed in Dubai at hotels like Jumeriah Beach, One & Only Resorts and Mina salaam but decided to test Abu Dhabi for a 'wind down' type of holiday on my sisters recommendation as she works and lives in Abu Dhabi.

I can say that we weren't disappointed and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and will stay again for the following reasons:

Great weather and heat but cool breeze by the pool discounts the heat - do get the odd sandstorm but kind of a cool experience as we've never seen one before
Great pool - kids loved it - does get busy at the weekends with locals but very interesting to see how the Arabs live and interact
All restaurants serve great food of an international standard and with plenty of choice every day. The lobster and prawns were huge and very tasty. Angus steak in the Azur restaurant was superb - couldn't fault the cuisine - great standard of cooking - the chefs even went out of their way to cook specific dishes for the kids in the Sevilla restaurant which was a nice touch
Pool side menu is very good and we sampled the shisha on most evenings - it was great to chill by the pool
The Beach is man made and does not provide a sea view however it was more than sufficient - canoes and hammocks available and view is nothing to worry about

Thanks to Tawe and Faizal on reception and Shankar on concierge always smiling and willing to help
Thanks to Mohammed the room supervisor - provided extra beds and towels and the rooms were spotless everyday - he even decorated the room with fancy towel sculptures, flowers and candles and rose petals - a lovely touch
Thanks to Gayan, Bhuddika, Sanjeev, Wasanth, Eric and Eldar at the pool side - great bunch of guys always willing to help and made our stay that much more enjoyable - the drinks were flowing and great food
Thanks to Khai and Binu at the SPA - superb detox 3 hr massages (we all ended up having one even my Dad!) truly relaxing and well worth the money, sauna jacuzzi and steam was great as well
Used the Gym (very well equipped) looking out to the pool, squash courts, football and table tennis for the kids -great facilities

There is a mall right next door which has a cinema, shops and restaurants. We went to Yas waterworld which was expensive at £60 per head but I have to say it was well worth it -the water rides are exceptional and beat anything in the UK - we also paid for a 6 berth private cabana (Arabic Marquee) which was superb, providing a safe, towels, drinks, fruit, air con - so cost wise did not work out too expensive as you have to pay for all these things on top of the entry fee so come prepared and be aware!

My motto is that we pay hard earned cash for our holidays so naturally we want great value for our money and to return home with some great memories having had a great time.

In Abu Dhabi I found that if you treat people with respect they will return the gesture and this was available in abundance at the Al Raha.

We all had a great time - the drinks were flowing and my Dad especially enjoyed his whisky on the rocks! It was my Mum & Dads 50th Wedding anniversary and the Hotel kindly arranged for a cake and bubbly - very much appreciated

I would recommend the Al Raha without hesitation - if you want a great family holiday away from the hustle and bustle of Dubai - go there - you won't be disappointed and do All Inclusive, especially if you like good food and a drink or two!

We will be visiting again sometime soon!

Room Tip: Go Grand Gulf View - New rooms (note: no sky TV)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank DaveRandfamily
Dear Mr. Dave R and Family,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

I am very glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities met your expectations. Your comments are passed on to all our employees especially to Mr. George our F&B Director, Yatawee, Faizal and Shankar from our FO Department, Mohammed from Housekeeping, Gayan, Bhuddika, Sanjeev, Wasanth, Eric and Eldar of F&B Department and to Khaila and Bino of Recreation Department. Receiving such positive comments are very rewarding to all our employees and can only encourage them to strive further to meet our valuable guests needs and exceed their expectations at all times.

Cairo, Egypt
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

My kids were on spring vacation, so I thought of getting them to a good hotel for a couple of days.
I searched a lot for a hotel in Abu Dhabi as I'm working in Dubai, and finally chose Al Raha Beach based on the images and ranking here. I called the hotel and got the prices and availability and told him I will call later in 10 min to confirm
The troubles began from the second call to the reservation when another girl replied to me and gave me a higher rate and also told me there is no availability on the requested dates, so I told her to transfer the call to the first agent (which I got his name in the first call). He confirmed there is availability with the same initial rates and I gave him my credit card for booking. Strange enough my card was charged with the full-amount just after the call, before even traveling !!!
When I reached the hotel, the receptionist told me that I can pay an extra and get a room in the new annex where the newer rooms are!!!
On the first day, my children (12 & 7) wanted to go to the pool once we arrived so I let them go and I stayed in the room. 5 minutes later they came and told me that the people working at the pool's reception refused to let them in, so I went with them to check and they told me that my children can't go to the pool by themselves and when I insisted they made me sign a document that the hotel is not liable if anything happened to them (this is my first time to see something like this) and that was the second problem after the credit card one.
Worth to mention that the pool itself although it's big and in good form but it's temperature is extremely cold that no one can bare it for more than 10 min.

I also discovered that their beach is not really on the sea, but else on a small lagoon which is closed from 3 sides !! (Take a look on google earth and you will understand it)

At night we couldn't find a good restaurant neither in the hotel nor in the mall attached to it, so I had to drive for 25 KM to go to the nearest mall where we can find a good restaurant to eat in. And this happened on the second night as well.

For the room itself, it's so spacious and we ordered an extra bed and still it was a spacious room with a real king size bed, and that was the good part, however the bathroom was not clean and there was a lot of small flies around the toilet seat as well as a lot of soap and water traces around the tub.

The only meal we got at the hotel was the breakfast which was the second good thing in this hotel.

As a whole experience, it was not good at all and I wouldn't recommend it by any means.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Tamer_Ismail_
Dear Mr. Tamer,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

Though we are very sorry to learn about your disappointment and poor service you experienced during your stay with us thus we regret such inconvenience experienced.

We have always placed our guest’s comfort and best interest on our top priority and we are committed to maintain an honest relationship with you as our valued partners. Please be assured that all your comments have been communicated to the concerned heads of departments and all shortcomings have been addressed and appropriate actions have been taken.

I hope this one time experience will not mark your impression of Al Raha Beach Hotel and we would very much welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence and look forward to your next visit and rest assured that no efforts would be spared to make your next stay at Al Raha Beach Hotel memorable and pleasurable.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed for 10 nights. My family and I enjoyed every moment of our stay from arrival to departure. The rooms were in very good condition. Room service was great. The pool area is very well laid out and no overcrowding, not to mention kids own play area with slides. Exclusive beach. I used frequently well equipped gym, ample equipment to work out. The food was great at La Piscine and restaurants. The facility was safe and kept very clean. It is worth mentioning that the staff at all levels were great and helpful. In addition, the hotel is close to the airport, Ferrari World and Yas Waterpark, what more can you ask for?

Room Tip: I would go for gulf view room with balcony
1 Thank Ashish S
Dear Mr. Ashish,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We spent a night in Al Raha Beach resort and we must say it was amazing. Staff are so friendly, Amelie from Reception is so helpful. lots of facilities.. But if you are looking for a quite beach and pool, you must head to the one near the villas, it's quite there. Wagyu beef burger around the pool must be tried :) and the best seafood risotto in Azur restaurant you can have. Everything was simply amazing.

Nadim & Anna :)

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nadim_adel
Dear Mr. Nadim Adel,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

I am very glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities met your expectations. Your comments are passed on to all our employees especially with Amelie of Reception, receiving such positive comments are very rewarding to all our employees and can only encourage them to strive further to meet our valuable guests needs and exceed their expectations at all times.