“Highly recommended” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 130 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
London, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I was very pleased with this hotel and will definitely be visiting again in the near future.

The front entrance of the hotel looks so extravagant. The reception area is amazing and a lady plays the harp every evening in the reception area.

Everything is so convenient. As you enter the reception area, the seville restaurant is straight ahead. this serves a buffet breakfast (which is near enough the same thing every morning) and a buffet dinner (which has a large selection of food and dessert and is different each night). I did not have lunch in the hotel so I can not comment on their lunch. The seville restaurant met our every need so therefore I did not try the food in the other restaurants. I must also mention that my 4 year old is SUCH fussy eater but I was able to find something for him to eat every night.

to the right of the seville as you enter the reception area is a corridor past a souvenir shop that leads to the Al Raha mall. Although this mall is not the best - it is convenient as it has a lulu express grocery shop where we were able to buy bottled water, snacks for the kids etc. It has 2 really nice chinese food places where you can buy food to take back to your room or to eat within the mall/restaurant. It has a really nice fruit basket diner where you can buy fruit that is given to you in a nice presentation. a souvenir shop, toy shop, cinema, a few clothing shops, indian restaurant, sparkys which is a small arcade place for kids, subway and chicken and chips eating place. The Marina mall was a better and more extravagant mall however the al raha aided us when we needed to get a few bits and pieces to see us through the week. please note that there was a notice on the entrance of the mall that you should cover your shoulders, skirts up no shorter than your knees and refrain from public affection. I respected this but i did see some who did not and as far as i know they were not reprimanded.

air condition in the malls and hotel seemed quite high on some days so a light cardigan will be needed if you feel the cold easily. the room was highly air conditioned when we checked in and we complained about it being too cold, however, once we turned it off and opened the 'balcony' door, the humidity warmed up the room very fast. please note that the humidity is very high all day at this time of the year. it takes a while to get used to it but personally i loved it!

the hotel provides a timetable that tells you what time their complimentary shuttle bus leaves to take you to the local malls, mosques etc. However it takes 20 mins in a taxi (that mainly run on a meter) to the mall whereas it would have taken longer in the shuttle bus as it was making drop off to other places before it went to my destination. The taxi was more convenient for me with the 2 kids and a buggy. it costs about 50-60 dhs (8/9 gbp) one way and the good thing was that if you got a nice taxi driver (some did not talk at all), they would point out some of the sights and tell you about the local area and life in abu dhabi.

the major mosque (i am not a muslim but this is a beautiful building), malls, yas island (ferrari world and water world) is very local (no more than 30 minutes in a cab). I visited the emirates zoo and it was not that nice of an experience. Other than the fact that we were able to feed an elephant, feed a giraffe, stroke and ride a camel, hold hands with a small monkey (though the cage), this places is not somewhere to visit if you a huge lover of animals. some of the cages are too small for the animals and some look really depressed. it is not extravagant nor is it too big. but note that most of the animals are outside in the sun so do not go when the sun is at its hottest (i was always running into the air conditioned snake house with the kids when they got too hot and bothered). also if you require a tax from the zoo back home - come out of the zoo and turn left towards the emirates zoo resort and the reception people will happily call you a taxi as the zoo staff were unable to give us a taxi number!!!!!!

I stayed in a superior room and the reason why I gave it a 4 star was because the view was awful. our view was basically the roof of the hotel and the sky! I emailed the hotel informing them that I was there for my 10 year anniversary and i requested a nice view but all we saw out of our balcony (that was covered by concrete with holes in it) were staff loading boxes into a storage space. This was a huge let down.

The service I received from staff were very very good. They were all polite and very respectful. They really went out of their way to assist us and make us feel welcome. They always met our needs whenever we requested extra towels etc. the restaurant staff were really friendly and interacted with the kids everyday. They never failed to smile and ask you how you were.

I was situated on the 2nd floor. you are able to view the reception area from this floor. the 3rd floor were the spa rooms (can not comment on this as I did not use their service however I did visit them and found this a bit pricey). If you come out of the 1st floor, you are able to view the seville restaurant. The ground floor is the seville, reception and corridor to the mall and then if you go to the basement, this is the way to the gym, swimming pool and beach.

trhe gym was very clean and the beach was well maintained. every morning the staff wet the sand to keep the ants at bay. they were out from earlier than 7am to make the outside area look nice. they never walked past you without saying good morning. the outside pool area is very clean and to the right there is a kids 'climbing frame' area (in a small amount of water) and a bouncy castle. This was not in very much shade so the kids were always in the hot sun and got 'flustered' quite quickly.

we spent most of the time by the beach (where there were no life guards as they were too busy by the pool). please note that this beach is man made so no need to worry about waves so it was perfect for the kids. We were told not to bathe after sunset. The aldar building makes a great view on the beach and if you walk to the left of the beach, you can find a secluded part of the resort which is open to the guests but is situated next to the villas. this is not something a lot of the guests knew unless someone told you or you decided to explore.

this resort and mall was one of the safest I have ever experienced. guests happily left their belongings at their tables as they went to the buffet several times, shop owners left their stalls and shops open at the mall as they had lunch on the 3rd floor. guests left their belongings on the beach and it was very secure. my money and personal belongings were left in the hotel room and it was never touched when the rooms were cleaned.

before you go to the beach the reception area on the basement floor offers you towels. i must comment that some guests were given preference when they requested towels. They were able to take and walk out where as we were always asked for our room card and room number. Also my husband was told that he could not use the gym wearing sandals however many other guests were using the gym in sandals. another reason why I gave 4 stars.

i am not an insect person but all i encountered were ants on the beach, a flying creature that looked like a cross between a wasp and a dragon fly (big wings) and lizards that came out at night. my kids (or me) did not need any immunizations before flying here.

overall the beach resort is very nice and upper class. it was family friendly and due to everything being so convenient added to the experience as going away with young kids can be stressful. I will definitely return to the hotel and hope that the view of the room will be a better one next time round.

Room Tip: superior room is very spacious especially when you have kids and ask for a nice view!
2 Thank zoegee2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

After reading tripadvisor - we knew we'd picked a good hotel - but had not realised it was phenomenal. Staff are literally next to none, will do anything for you, everything in hotel is relatively expensive but it's worth it! Hotel is about 20-30 mile from Abu Dhabi and only costs about £9 in taxi!!! Amazingly cheap! Out of this world experience, would not stay anywhere else in Abu Dhabi! We'll be back! Oooo and check out pearl & mcgettigan bars!!! Just great! Xx

Stayed June 2014
Diana A, Director of Sales at Al Raha Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Ms. Claire,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

It was our privilege to have you stay with us. I would like to thank you for taking some of your valuable time to express through the Trip Advisor site your views and convey your comments on our service and facilities.

I am very glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities met your expectations. Receiving such positive comments are very rewarding to all our employees and can only encourage them to strive further to meet our valuable guests needs and exceed their expectations at all times.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Al Raha Beach Hotel.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Wonderful hotel and staff
Opulent décor throughout
Would I stay here again, DEFINITELY.
The Al Raha is an amazing hotel, from the very minute you walk in through the front door you know you are going to have a truly amazing stay at the hotel. The rooms are large, bright, airy and comfortable, and the bathrooms are amazing. The food choices at the Sevilla Restaurant are brilliant, themed buffet each evening with good food and superb deserts. A big thank you to Hashim for ensuring I had gluten free bread rolls for breakfast each morning. The pool area is lovely and is well maintained, as are the gardens. When back in Abu Dhabi again I will definitely stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a Gulf View Room
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Geraldine S
Dear Ms. Geraldine,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I had a great experience at AL Raha beach hotel, I stayed for one night with my wife and daughter where I celebrate her first birthday.
The room is spacious, the staff are very friendly, the hotel is clean, swimming pool is beautiful, the breakfast is good.
I wasn't convinced of the variety of room service menu.
housekeeping staff is very helpful
I even got two complimentary tickets to visit Ferarri world.
I would highly recommend the hotel

Dear Mr. Issam,

northants
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here for a week at the end of May having been persuaded to try Abu Dhabi instead of Dubai.
We took an airport taxi to the resort and it cost 52 dirhams for around the 15 minute journey. On arrival we found the receptionist very pleasant and check in went smoothly. However we did not receive a welcome drink on arrival as we usually do in the hotels we visit in Dubai. This is most welcome after a long flight and travelling all day.
Our room was a deluxe gulf room and was very spacious indeed. The bathroom was huge with a separate rainfall shower. The hotel had laid on fruit and water in the room. The massive bed was so comfortable with the usual ginormous pillows that are the norm in UAE hotels. One bug bear was no iron in the room and when we asked for one the wires were showing and when we plugged it in it blew all the lights. We asked for another one but it was the same and was told that was all they had. Not good. The male cleaner we had for the first few days kept the toiletries replenished and the room was immaculately cleaned but when we had a maid there was no flannels left and only 2 small cartons of milk.This sounds really trivial but you don't expect this in a 5 * hotel.
As we were on half board our meals were served in the Sevilla restaurant. For breakfast,eggs were cooked fresh to how you required them and there was an ample choice of fresh fruit and continental fayre on offer.
Dinners at night were also served in this restaurant but the choice was quite limited and some of the dishes had no English description to them so you couldn't tell if it was chicken or fish, mild or spicy. The cakes and desserts looked amazing but after a couple of night s you realised it was the same thing. On the Thursday night it was a seafood extravaganza so if you are lover of this cuisine it was to die for but unfortunately neither of us could eat it and they told us there would be nothing else on the menu. We found this hugely disappointing as other hotels we have stayed in have had a theme night but also catered for other appetites. On the plus side this meant we had to eat in one of the other restaurants so opted for La Piscine. We had the best fillet steaks ever and it was well worth the visit. Do remember that if you are on a meal plan you can use any of the other eateries on site and that you are entitled to 85 dirhams towards your meal. It was a good job we checked our final bill as this hadn't been taken off for both of us.
Drinks are as you expect,pricey but we visited McGettigans on the Tuesday night which was ladies night so we only paid for hubby's drinks.It's directly next to the hotel and they also do one in the hotel on a Wednesday so they are worth checking out.
The pool area is really good and we never had one issue about getting a sun bed. Even on the Friday when the locals visit there were plenty and we never went to the pool before 10.30 am. One of our moans was that for a 5 star hotel the beds were metal which in 40 degree heat get really hot and can burn your arms. We ended up asking for extra towels just to cover up the metal arms. The mattresses on the beds were adequate but not the really padded ones we have had at other UAE hotels. We also had to queue?? for our towels and hand over our room card which was also new to us. The lifeguards and waiters around the pool were really helpful and attentive. Friday and Saturday there is a meal deal of a pizza of your choice with 4 bottles of corona beer for 129 dir. The pepperoni pizza was delicious and enough for 2.
One piece of advice do check your final bill. As previously said we had not had the 170 dirhams taken off for the meal and they also tried to charge us for an extra day when we had already paid through our travel agency.
It sounds as though we are moaning about our stay but overall it was a really relaxing and chilled out holiday. The staff are extremely efficient and friendly from check- in, waiting staff, cleaners, through to the management.It's the little niggly things that let this hotel down as a 5 * but what we didn't like may not affect others.
We are hoping to return to Abu Dhabi next year but will try a different hotel to this one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Diana A, Director of Sales at Al Raha Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Ms. Japete,

It was our privilege to have you stay with us during your last visit to the emirate of Abu Dhabi. We would like to thank you for taking some of your valuable time to give your views on the Trip Advisor site your and convey your comments on our service and facilities.

We receive your valuable comments and we apologize for the inconvenience experienced during your stay. Whilst we can assure you that any neglect experienced in this instance would have been as a result of thoughtfulness rather than intent. All your comments have been communicated to the concerned heads of departments and all shortcomings have been addressed and appropriate actions have been taken.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write about your disappointment and rest assured that no efforts would be spared to make your next stay to Al Raha Beach Hotel memorable and pleasurable.

Looking for the pleasure to welcoming you back to Al Raha Beach Hotel.

Pontefract, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 10 nights in May. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms spacious, we had a gulf view room which is definitely worth the upgrade.

The hotel facilities are good and the food is lovely. There was a huge choice at breakfast and the restaurant was never overly busy.

The beach although more of a lagoon was great, it does get crowded on a weekend so you need to be down there early. If you do like to be on the beach early please take your own towels, we were shocked when we were told that we couldn't have the hotel beach towels until 9am. I've never known this before and have stayed in numerous hotels in the UAE in the past.

The mall attached to the hotel is poor. There are a handful of shops and a couple of restaurants. The hotel is about 30 mins and £10 in a taxi from the centre of Abu Dhabi and the malls.

It would be a better option on all inclusive.

We did have a fantastic holiday though and the location is the only reason we probably wouldn't return. We couldn't really fault the hotel though.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear The Pitchers,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

clean and spacious rooms , extra spacious bathrooms, lovely pool and fun kids water activities, friendly staff. Though the food options were limited ... and we missed having a dry play area for the kids

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank snegi16
Dear Mr. Snegi,

Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

I am very glad to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities met your expectations. In regards to the dry play area, we apologize that it may not been informed to you we have our Gazelle Kids Club packed with fun and exciting kids activities.