“Excellent friendly hotel”

Ranked #29 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent friendly hotel”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We spent a week here in June. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Our first encounter was with the concierge Anwar who welcomed us after our long journey and was helpful throughout our stay. Breakfast was special on the terrace facing the pool and beach. Our room overlooked the pool area and was spacious and well laid out. The pool is large and well maintained and the private beach is beside it. The pool attendants again were most friendly and helpful. This was one of our best holiday experiences and we would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are recommended
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Diana A, Director of Sales at Al Raha Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Greetings from Al Raha Beach Hotel.

It was our privilege to have you stay with us. I would like to thank you for taking some of your valuable time to express through the Trip Advisor site your views and convey your comments on our service and facilities.

I am very glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities met your expectations. Receiving such positive comments are very rewarding to all our employees and can only encourage them to strive further to meet our valuable guests needs and exceed their expectations at all times.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Al Raha Beach Hotel.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Thanks to Al Raha Beach Hotel for upgrading our room and for a wonderful Birthday cake for my wife. It was the best and my wife was so happy ans surprised of the decor and theme of the room.. Love and romance was so full in that room.

Room Tip: Love and romance very kind and accommodatin
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jhunex

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel over the Easter holidays for 7 nights. Arrived at the hotel late evening about 9pm. Taxi ride cost us 60 AED which was expected but on the the return journey to the airport we paid 25 AED.

On arrival we were checked in quickly apart from a few hiccups with my reservation but that was soon sorted out by Faye at the guest relations. We were taken to our room which was on the second floor room 203. It was really big and the view was amazing. The room had spacious wardrobes to put all your clothes, safe, tea/coffee facilities. mini fridge, complimentary water bottles everyday and a hairdryer in the bathroom.

Breakfast was good ranging from cereals, hot food, yogurts, fresh fruit, patisseries and juices.

Lunch was good, always found something to eat but dinner times were a bit tricky. They had a different theme everyday and Thursdays was the worse as it was sea food and neither myself or my hubby and kids eat sea food. I did mention this to the head chef and he was more than happy to fry some chips for all of us which was really nice of him. Tip ( drinks can be expensive in the restaurant, a bottle of water costs 17 AED but 1.50 AED from the supermarket.)

Outside Beach and swimming area was good. They had a big infinity type of pool for the adults but children up until a certain height could still go in. My 4 and 5 year old did but made sure they were in the shallow end right near the pool bar. They also had a big area for the kids to sit in the water if they wanted and they also had water slides. This was perfect for my 4 year old as the water was very shallow. The other good thing was that there was always a lifeguard on duty for both pools and the beach. This is the first trip that I have been on and been comfortable leaving my girls for a while in the kids pool as I knew there was always a lifeguard.

The decking area looking out to the water was the best area for sun bathing. Plenty of beds available but not many sun shades. Be sure to wake up early though on a Friday and Saturday as this is a very very busy period as its the locals weekend and they do come for a family day trip. Whilst we were there there was a shortage of beds and people were scattered everywhere, on the grass, laying on sand, under trees, but I felt sorry for them as they had no shade and the sun was extremely hot literally burning, so be warned.

The Hotel does have a kids club but to be honest my girls did not like it. For our whole stay they only spent 2 hours there. The area itself is clean and air conditioned but it lacks atmosphere and activities. All they do is either watch TV or coloring. I have been to other hotels esp in Egypt where they do alot of activities and make it fun for the children. The kids club def needs an improvement.

Not much to do in the evenings but they do have a band playing outside near the pool bar from around 6 - 10.30. We sat out there most of the days as it was relaxing and the kids enjoyed playing with their friends on the grass area.

The hotel does provide a shuttle service to a the malls and the Grand Mosque. Just ask reception for the details. The hotel also provides free WIFI which they will provide you with a code.

We visited the Mosque and I would say this is a must. Its absolutely beautiful but make sure to wear loose clothing and stay covered as well as head scarf.

We also went to the Marina Mall but to be honest it was a waste of time apart from the big Lu Lu supermarket. We bought all our drinks and water from here and stocked them in the mini fridge. The mall itself is too big and it has the shops we have in the UK and the prices are the same. It has a food court but nothing special unless you like burger king. We paid for the return taxi to the hotel which was 60 AED.

Khaladiya Mall was a much better mall and it also has Subway and McDonalds. Nice and mediumish and not too far from the hotel. Again we paid for the return taxi which was 25 AED.

The Hotel itself is also attached to a shopping mall which is helpful if you ever need anything. It has a LU LU supermarket also where you can get drinks and food ( we did this often very helpful when have small kids.)

Overall we really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is absolutely lovely, very clean, staff are nice and good service. We would most definitely return again as this hotel has everything you need.

Room Tip: All rooms have a sea view but try and get a room in the middle part of the building, close to recept...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RajaStyle

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I am so happy with this hotel and can truly say it was my best holiday ever.
The hotel staff treated us like royalty, the hotel was very clean and the food was amazing.
The pool was beautiful and so relaxing especially in the amazing heat.
I genuinely have no negative words to say about it.
Short journey to Yas Island by taxi which was cheap. Beautiful views of the F1 track and also waterworld is incredible. We also went on a desert safari arranged by our hotel - again faultless. We had a thrill drive over the dunes, a BBQ whilst watching the sun go down and then sit gazing at the stars after a belly dance show. Stunning..
The holiday on whole was incredible and I would definitely return and definitely go back to this hotel.
I rate this hotel more than 5 stars.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Tanders,

Sulaymaniyah, Iraq
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Don't miss a chance to stay in this hotel. You will be treated like royalty. Everything is exceptionally wonderful; the service, the restaurants, the amazing rooms and the staff would go to the end of the world to provide whatever you need.

Room Tip: Whatever room you choose, you won't be disappointed
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Rebaz,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I was very pleased with this hotel and will definitely be visiting again in the near future.

The front entrance of the hotel looks so extravagant. The reception area is amazing and a lady plays the harp every evening in the reception area.

Everything is so convenient. As you enter the reception area, the seville restaurant is straight ahead. this serves a buffet breakfast (which is near enough the same thing every morning) and a buffet dinner (which has a large selection of food and dessert and is different each night). I did not have lunch in the hotel so I can not comment on their lunch. The seville restaurant met our every need so therefore I did not try the food in the other restaurants. I must also mention that my 4 year old is SUCH fussy eater but I was able to find something for him to eat every night.

to the right of the seville as you enter the reception area is a corridor past a souvenir shop that leads to the Al Raha mall. Although this mall is not the best - it is convenient as it has a lulu express grocery shop where we were able to buy bottled water, snacks for the kids etc. It has 2 really nice chinese food places where you can buy food to take back to your room or to eat within the mall/restaurant. It has a really nice fruit basket diner where you can buy fruit that is given to you in a nice presentation. a souvenir shop, toy shop, cinema, a few clothing shops, indian restaurant, sparkys which is a small arcade place for kids, subway and chicken and chips eating place. The Marina mall was a better and more extravagant mall however the al raha aided us when we needed to get a few bits and pieces to see us through the week. please note that there was a notice on the entrance of the mall that you should cover your shoulders, skirts up no shorter than your knees and refrain from public affection. I respected this but i did see some who did not and as far as i know they were not reprimanded.

air condition in the malls and hotel seemed quite high on some days so a light cardigan will be needed if you feel the cold easily. the room was highly air conditioned when we checked in and we complained about it being too cold, however, once we turned it off and opened the 'balcony' door, the humidity warmed up the room very fast. please note that the humidity is very high all day at this time of the year. it takes a while to get used to it but personally i loved it!

the hotel provides a timetable that tells you what time their complimentary shuttle bus leaves to take you to the local malls, mosques etc. However it takes 20 mins in a taxi (that mainly run on a meter) to the mall whereas it would have taken longer in the shuttle bus as it was making drop off to other places before it went to my destination. The taxi was more convenient for me with the 2 kids and a buggy. it costs about 50-60 dhs (8/9 gbp) one way and the good thing was that if you got a nice taxi driver (some did not talk at all), they would point out some of the sights and tell you about the local area and life in abu dhabi.

the major mosque (i am not a muslim but this is a beautiful building), malls, yas island (ferrari world and water world) is very local (no more than 30 minutes in a cab). I visited the emirates zoo and it was not that nice of an experience. Other than the fact that we were able to feed an elephant, feed a giraffe, stroke and ride a camel, hold hands with a small monkey (though the cage), this places is not somewhere to visit if you a huge lover of animals. some of the cages are too small for the animals and some look really depressed. it is not extravagant nor is it too big. but note that most of the animals are outside in the sun so do not go when the sun is at its hottest (i was always running into the air conditioned snake house with the kids when they got too hot and bothered). also if you require a tax from the zoo back home - come out of the zoo and turn left towards the emirates zoo resort and the reception people will happily call you a taxi as the zoo staff were unable to give us a taxi number!!!!!!

I stayed in a superior room and the reason why I gave it a 4 star was because the view was awful. our view was basically the roof of the hotel and the sky! I emailed the hotel informing them that I was there for my 10 year anniversary and i requested a nice view but all we saw out of our balcony (that was covered by concrete with holes in it) were staff loading boxes into a storage space. This was a huge let down.

The service I received from staff were very very good. They were all polite and very respectful. They really went out of their way to assist us and make us feel welcome. They always met our needs whenever we requested extra towels etc. the restaurant staff were really friendly and interacted with the kids everyday. They never failed to smile and ask you how you were.

I was situated on the 2nd floor. you are able to view the reception area from this floor. the 3rd floor were the spa rooms (can not comment on this as I did not use their service however I did visit them and found this a bit pricey). If you come out of the 1st floor, you are able to view the seville restaurant. The ground floor is the seville, reception and corridor to the mall and then if you go to the basement, this is the way to the gym, swimming pool and beach.

trhe gym was very clean and the beach was well maintained. every morning the staff wet the sand to keep the ants at bay. they were out from earlier than 7am to make the outside area look nice. they never walked past you without saying good morning. the outside pool area is very clean and to the right there is a kids 'climbing frame' area (in a small amount of water) and a bouncy castle. This was not in very much shade so the kids were always in the hot sun and got 'flustered' quite quickly.

we spent most of the time by the beach (where there were no life guards as they were too busy by the pool). please note that this beach is man made so no need to worry about waves so it was perfect for the kids. We were told not to bathe after sunset. The aldar building makes a great view on the beach and if you walk to the left of the beach, you can find a secluded part of the resort which is open to the guests but is situated next to the villas. this is not something a lot of the guests knew unless someone told you or you decided to explore.

this resort and mall was one of the safest I have ever experienced. guests happily left their belongings at their tables as they went to the buffet several times, shop owners left their stalls and shops open at the mall as they had lunch on the 3rd floor. guests left their belongings on the beach and it was very secure. my money and personal belongings were left in the hotel room and it was never touched when the rooms were cleaned.

before you go to the beach the reception area on the basement floor offers you towels. i must comment that some guests were given preference when they requested towels. They were able to take and walk out where as we were always asked for our room card and room number. Also my husband was told that he could not use the gym wearing sandals however many other guests were using the gym in sandals. another reason why I gave 4 stars.

i am not an insect person but all i encountered were ants on the beach, a flying creature that looked like a cross between a wasp and a dragon fly (big wings) and lizards that came out at night. my kids (or me) did not need any immunizations before flying here.

overall the beach resort is very nice and upper class. it was family friendly and due to everything being so convenient added to the experience as going away with young kids can be stressful. I will definitely return to the hotel and hope that the view of the room will be a better one next time round.

Room Tip: superior room is very spacious especially when you have kids and ask for a nice view!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank zoegee2014
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 June 2014

After reading tripadvisor - we knew we'd picked a good hotel - but had not realised it was phenomenal. Staff are literally next to none, will do anything for you, everything in hotel is relatively expensive but it's worth it! Hotel is about 20-30 mile from Abu Dhabi and only costs about £9 in taxi!!! Amazingly cheap! Out of this world experience, would not stay anywhere else in Abu Dhabi! We'll be back! Oooo and check out pearl & mcgettigan bars!!! Just great! Xx

Stayed June 2014