Al Raha Beach Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
2,504 results
All reviewsnew wingsevilla restaurantblack pearlgulf view roomla piscineindoor poolsmall mallyas islandall inclusive packagebuilding workbuilding siteshopping mallpool sidekids clubexcellent hotelshuttle busferrari world
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2010

I selected the Al Raha Beach Hotel simply as it was near to the airport and i had a couple of business trips to make during my stay at the hotel. The hotel is in a fantastic location and has really first class services to offer. On arrival we were ‘upgraded’ to a sea view, this at the time we were delighted to receive we thought.

It was pointed out during our check inn period (Ice cold towels were offered, a really nice touch) that some ‘construction’ was currently being undertaken by the hotel but this was limited to 9am-12pm, what was not pointed out that this ‘construction’ was in fact a major development to the hotel and in fact they are currently building another 240+ rooms on the side together with a new swimming pool, construction in fact was 24/7 some days, the other days was 5am-midnight common on most days.

After several discussions with the hotel we finally left after six nights, Mr Khaled Sharabassy (Director for rooms and revenue) kindly offered me several other options to stay, all most welcome but the fact was that the construction noise was way too overpowering.

We left four nights early, shame as the hotel once finished will be fantastic, however currently unless you are in the building trade I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Jacmac00
AlRahaBeachHotel, Director of Sales at Al Raha Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2010

Dear customer,

It was our privilege to have you stay with us during your last visit to the emirate of Abu Dhabi. I would like to thank you for taking some of your valuable time to give your views on our services and facilities on Trip Advisor.

Whilst I can assure you, that any inconvenience experienced in this instance would have been a result of thoughtfulness rather than intent and please be assured that all your comments have been communicated to the concerned heads of departments and all shortcomings have been addressed and appropriate actions have already been taken.

In regards of the construction the heavy work is finishing now and there will be no noise disturbance anymore only visual.
I hope this one time experience will not pessimistically impact your impression of Al Raha Beach Hotel and we would very much welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence in our Hotel for your next visit and rest assured that no efforts would be spared to make your next stay to Al Raha Beach Hotel memorable and pleasurable.
Please do not hesitate to contact me personally to make the necessary arrangement for you.
Once again please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.

Reviewed 30 October 2010

Just got back from the Al Raha 2 hrs ago. If you dont have to goto this hotel i cant advise you strongly enough dont go.
The hotel is in the middle of major construction work which goes on 24hrs a day, the noise will spoil your stay here without a doubt.
In addition i can only repeat the comments of the previous review. The service is absolutely terrible, you get to wait for half an hour for a drink by the pool in 38c of heat or the staff just forget the order all together.
GOD I WISH I HAD READ THIS REVIEW BEFORE I WENT. PLEASE DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS I DID IF YOU CAN AVOID IT. If you are looking for a 5 star luxury hotel DONT SPEND YOUR MONEY HERE.
Watch the short video and just listen to the noise.
You have been warned.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dave5650

Dear customer,

I am very sorry to learn about your disappointment on the quality of our La Piscine service and we regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. In regards to the construction of our extension the heavy work is finishing now and only visual distrubance will be involved in the next stages.

Reviewed 19 October 2010

The Al Raha beach hotel is very elegant and the rooms are extremely spacious.
The problem with this hotel are as follws - The service is absolutely terrible, you get wait for half an hour for a drink by the pool in 38c of heat or the staff just forget the order all together. When I received the bill at the pool bar it will be more often arrive incorrect and you will spend arguing what you ordered, this is down to a lack of staff at the pool and lack of fluency in english. The beach is very small and sand is not like other places in the UAE like Dubai. Finally if you want to spend your holiday on a building site, come here. They are building a 150 room extension to the hotel, the noise will drive you mad in the end. If you are looking for a 5 star luxury hotel DONT SPEND YOUR MONEY HERE.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
AlRahaBeachHotel, Manager at Al Raha Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2010

Reviewed 31 August 2010

Good location because I worked in Abu Dhabi Int'l Airport and this is the closest hotel with a small shopping mall next to it. When I checked in at 1pm, they asked me to wait until 2pm as the room is not yet ready and the check-out time they said was until 2pm. But when I checked-out I was allowed to extend until 1pm only. The A/C did not change the temp inside the room whether it was set to 17ºC or 28ºC.

I was not given a free breakfast because it was not stated in my reservation, but their website clearly stated that my room rate was inclusive of breakfast.

Everyday I always need to call for help to get internet connection, the technician always said "loose connection of the cable in the network panel". The management told me they always have this problem due to the internet service provider ETISALAT poor services. But after about 7 days I got fed up and went with the technician... only to find out that the cable for my room was not connected, it was very obvious the cable was removed from the network panel. After that I did not get any disconnection until my 20 days of stay.

The room housekeeping staff is the most terrible of all. They ring me every afternoon just to say "Sir I'm from the housekeeping department and I want to tell you that we cannot clean your room today because there is a DO NOT DISTURB sign in your door" I complained to management but they told me that is their procedure. It was the most terrible experience I had in a hotel as I was working for night duty for about 5 days.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Asian_Traveller_2010
Reviewed 28 August 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights as a relaxing break in the sun and this hotel delivered most of what we wished for. The hotel is luxurious, very clean, spacious and catered for all your needs. There is a beautifull swimming pool and gardens and the beach staff were very helpful and attentive, as soon as they see you they would come over take the towels from you and then make up your lounger and parasol, which let me tell you is definately needed in August, wow was it hot!!!! 45c + and with temperatures of 30c+ at night, thank god for the brilliant efficent and quiet air conditioning in your rooms and hotel as a whole.

We visited this hotel during the Ramadan month so the hotel was not fully open, the pool bar area was closed and so was some of the restaurants. During this time you are not permitted to eat, drink or smoke out side. No alcohol is served but smoking is permitted in the hotel and at dinner in certain areas. This did not spoil our enjoyment as we are not big drinkers but if you are i certainly would avoid this time of year.

The only negative comment that i would say about this choice of hotel for a holiday is that do not go if you are a great beach lover, the beach is very small, the sand is un-inviting and there is only a view of the Al Raha Beach Development to look at.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple