“Alway preferred to stay here”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Al Diar Dana Hotel

Al Diar Dana Hotel
Ranked #79 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Alway preferred to stay here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

We booked this hotel for my travelling from Abu Dhabi.

I have stayed at many hotels over the years, often luxury ones with impeccable details and fantastic designs. Price-wise is on par with these better-class hotels. But the comparison fails: Dana Hotel is not a luxury place but still improving.

It is the perceptive and friendly service that makes it worthwhile staying in this small family-run hotel. The owners and staff are social at just the right level and they go to great length to make you feel at home.

This said, there is nothing wrong with the facilities. The room i had was spacious and pretty, the breakfast is good and the distance to the beach is limited.

Room Tip: Cheap and Reasonable
Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank joeboy1200kw
AlDiarDanaHotel, General Manager at Al Diar Dana Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2011
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Al Diar Dana Hotel!
First of all thank you for your recent stay and for your valuable feedback. We are extremely pleased to know that you found our service and facilities to your satisfaction. The kind words you had for the hotel staff are highly motivating and will be shared with the entire team.
Our style of service is different – we believe in adding a personal touch to all that we do. Heart-felt Hospitality is our motto and we are glad that we made you feel at home!
It was a pleasure to serve you and we hope we get many more opportunities to do so in the future.

Warm Regards,
The Hotel Management Team
Al Diar Dana Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
sheffield
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2010

I was booked I'm here for a week and I stayed 2 nights! Lone single female? This is not the place for you! Don't get me wrong the room was great. My first afternoon there going back to my room In business dress I was approached in the lift to go to the bar for a beer, I said no thanks and wished the "gental man" a good day. I soon came to realize that the bars "49s" in this hotel are some of the biggest knocking shops on the island ! My room was on the 5th floor and faced the main road and the noise was unbearable, so not only could I not go for a beer after a day at the office I couldn't sleep either! Single male looking for cheep female company go for it! Anyone else stay clear! I personally moved to the Royal Regency Hotel Appartments, no bar but far safer and lovely rooms and much more sleep

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
6 Thank LorraineSDSheffield

Travellers are raving about these Abu Dhabi hotels

Thiruvalla
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2010

It is an average hotel, but the rates are very high.
Will get a very good one if spend little more money.
The only good thing is the 49's pub.

• Stayed January 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank Biji_Varghese
DAMASCUS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2010

I visit this hotel many time I usually take a studio is big and clean average 650 Dhs I thing the pries is reasonable comparing with other hotel in UAE the receptionist speak English well and they are helpful the open buffet is expansive 45 Dhs hover pizza is reasonable 22 Dhs but it better to visit the Lebanese pies restaurant its very near you can take breakfast by 10 Dhs he have tasty food near the hotel the is abu Dhabi mall its big and there are many restaurant in it in the night there are two club in the hotel I find them interesting the upper one have singing band the singe some olds it was nice most of club visitors from far east like Philippine

• Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
3 Thank MONZER-S
HGCE
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2009

Having travelled many hours to this hotel previously booked and paid for. On my arrival in the early hours of the morning (travelling for 19 nineteen hours) I was told that there was no room available despite a colleague being advised when he enquired that I was booked in and was due later that day. They then commenced to try to get me to another hotel there I was with luggage in this hotel waiting to be transported to another of their hotels I finally got to bed at 04.00 in the morning in betyween arguments by the hotel staff trying to get a taxi.

PLEASE PLEASE do not embark on such visit to this appalling hotel chain the second hotel was filthy and I had to accept it at that time in the morning

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
4 Thank Habshan
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2009

The location is very noisey, the rooms tired and the windows dirty. The breakfast is poor and the prices not competitive. 49ers is now closed thankfully! The Trap Bar is a smokey dark park of the hotel not worth a visit. The local tellent seems to hang out there in the hope for a good time. Totally unacceptible!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank deanmonty
Scotland, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2008

We have just returned from Dana Hotel where we were accommodated by the employer. We have been staying there as senior management of one of the biggest construction company's. My husband was there as HSE so welfare of all people accommodated in this hotel was an issue (total 27 people). During our 3 months stay we were moving the rooms twice (noise coming from disco). We have been double billed for one bill.(Due to long stay we decided to sign for everything and then pay the balance before leave). Our employer covered room, food and loundry).
Rooms: are nice clean, housekeeping is doing really well, during winter months no heating had to complain to manager
Loundry: They did damage my skirt (white skirt was returned back pink) after complaints got refund. Numer of our clothing was coming back with stains which were not there before.
Food: Garlic in everything including your scrambelled eggs. Food was served cold.Believe you me after 3 months you can get sick of it.
Room service: Food has never been delivered warm - cold eggs, cold sausages, cold steaks etc.
Hotel is located by a quite busy road - very noisy -impossible to sleep once you work. You can sleep from 4am-9am but unfortunately while your working from 8.00 doesn't do you any good.
Important information for people who care about reputation: it was a biggest knocking shop I have ever seen. Female companionship readly available in all public places.
I wouldn't advise to stay there any longer then you have to.

Stayed January 2008