“Friendly Environment”

Al Diar Mina Hotel
Ranked #91 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
“Friendly Environment”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Wellcoming the guests by your staffs are very pleseant and friendly.Hotel room is very quiet at all the times during my stay at the hotel also,room is very clean & tidy. And your restaurent service is very good too with delecious buffets.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Marshal F
AlDiarMinaHotel, General Manager at Al Diar Mina Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience.

We were more than happy to serve you in the city and are glad to know that you felt comfortable with us. Our efforts are always dedicated towards the complete satisfaction of our guests and we feel privileged when positive comments pour in. It is a pleasure for us to know that our rooms and food were up to your expectation and our associates’ added value to your stay.

It was a delight to have you with us and we look forward to your next visit.

Talal Al Sakka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dubai
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I like the multiple channels for booking as well as the rates for a city hotel, also we didn't demand for much of room service. Nevertheless they got a friendly staff. Only one hassle is the parking!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

AlDiarMinaHotel, General Manager at Al Diar Mina Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for staying with at Al Diar Mina Hotel on your recent visit to Abu Dhabi.

It is our constant endeavour to provide our guests with superior services and facilities. Thus, it is heartening to know that your time with us was pleasant. Our associates are glad to have been the recipient of your kind words.

Thank you again for reviewing us. We look forward to your continuous visits.

UK
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I booked to stay here as my friend had already been staying in the hotel for a couple of months.

I arrived at 12.45 in the afternoon and asked if there were any rooms ready for me to check in early. Was told 'no sir' - which wasn't a big issue for me, so I asked for them to call up to my friend's room to let him know I'd arrived, as I would drop my bags in his room.

The annoying thing was that having firstly been told there were no rooms ready, they then immediately gave me the room next door to my friend, which was clearly ready and suggested there were more than likely many rooms available. It strikes me odd why, when give the opportunity to do a tiny thing which shows they can go the extra mile, the lady on reception was purposely unhelpful and had my friend not been staying there, I could easily have sat in reception for 90 minutes for no reason at all until she deemed I could check in.

Other than that, I can't really fault the place, room was comfortable albeit basically furnished, bed was comfortable enough and the bathroom was clean and functional. Room service was good when I called down for extra water in the night, and the Wifi worked ok. Location is pretty good. Didn't try the coffee shop, but again breakfast included at this price is a bonus.

At the price point, I seriously doubt you will get better value for money in Abu Dhabi, and I will probably stay here again when travelling alone in the future.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, even those facing the highway
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
AlDiarMinaHotel, General Manager at Al Diar Mina Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback with us.

We are happy that the accommodation, service and Wi-Fi were at par with your expectations. Your appreciation for us as the best value for money hotel in Abu Dhabi will show TripAdvisor members what we strive to achieve at Al Diar Mina Hotel. We are disappointed to know about the incident which took place while checking in. We will definitely look into the matter and make sure that this concern is addressed in the most serious manner.

We are glad that you will be choosing to stay with us in your future visit to Abu Dhabi. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I took the Business Travelers Package. It's price is excellent considering that it includes internet and breakfast. The staff was very helpful. They even gave me an adapter (I had European ones with two pins, but here they use the ones with three pins). The location is close to Abu Dhabi Mall (city centre in general). I recommend staying here!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing a detailed experience of your stay at Al Diar Mina Hotel, it was a pleasure to serve you.

We are glad to know that our offerings, amenities, services and location added value to your stay. It is heartening to know that the efforts of our associates have been appreciated and we thank you for the same.

Many thanks for bestowing us with wonderful ratings and recommending us to discerning travelers. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed for 3 weeks here upon arrival to UAE until I got an accommodation and this place did provide the comfort needed. The Suite was spacious, comfy bed and pillows. Nothing negative to comment about but as I continued to stay I noticed the carpet in Room and Living room and Sofas remain non-vacuumed. This leaves accumulated dust invisible to naked eyes and I discovered it when I began to have running nose. Called the Room service and they cleaned it up. Talking about Room service, the boys were very polite and helpful. Something appreciable to note that is not experienced in the Reception staff.
I would love to see the faded corridor carpets changed and the old box model TV sets replaced with LCDs.
Although just besides the highway, the room was very quite during nights and what more than to have an uninterrupted sleep.
Overall I would give an Average.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
AlDiarMinaHotel, General Manager at Al Diar Mina Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your detailed experience of your stay at Al Diar Mina Hotel and my sincere apology if in some areas of your experience, you did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and take it constructively as this helps us improve in various aspects of our services being offered in the hotel.It is our constant endeavour to make our guest stay as comfortable as possible. With regards to the issue on carpet and TV, the management is working on it.

Should you give us the opportunity, we look forward to welcoming you again at Al Diar Mina Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I booked a single room through booking.com. I arrived on time only to find no rooms are available. The hotel receptionist and management handled it very professionaly and upgraded me to a suite free of charge. I booked for a full month, however i had to go out of UAE on a busines trip so i cancelled my stay after 5 days. The mangement did not charge any cancellation fees and even calculated the stay based on long stay rates. The overall level is pretty amazing. I will only state a couple of points only to help improve this lovely place. The parking in the area is not free, and no parking facility is provided by the hotel. To find a parking late at night is almost impossible. One day i had to park neer AD mall and took a cab to the hotel. The wi-fi wasn't working. The TV is a 14" crt screen. There are no toilet sprayers (they are critical for us Arabs and are supposed to be standard in UAE). Lastely, the hair dryer wasn't working. I would give this amazing hotel a 3 star rating.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
AlDiarMinaHotel, General Manager at Al Diar Mina Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Mr. Mohamad,

Thank youfor staying with us and for your valuable feedback and positive commentson our front office team,we truly appreciate your suggestions on improving our services, and I am sorry that you faced difficulty in finding a parking space, the Hotel is trying its best to solve the problem.Also, the management is working on the TV upgradation. The WIFI issue could be due to a connection problem, and our Engineering &front officewould have helped you out. Your concernswith regards to the hair dryer has beenaddressed, andlet me assure you every bathroom in the Hotel is fitted with a fragrance dispenser,an extra toilet spray would have been provided to you upon request. It would be my pleasure to be of any assistance to you,on your next visit to the Hotel.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Several times they are forgetting to provide fruit basket. Water kept inside the room is not enough at least two bottle water required. Some times even advance booking i am not getting non smoking rooms.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

AlDiarMinaHotel, General Manager at Al Diar Mina Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for your valuable feedback,itsbecause of guests sharing
their constructive comments like you that we are able to continually improve our services.

Let me assure you that we do offer our guest complimentary fruit basket upon arrival and
one bottle of mineral water, additional water is provided upon request. We have investigated the matter on the non-smoking room incident and we truly apologize that the incident happened due to a miscommunication and unavailability of a non- smoking room at that moment.

We assure you that such negligence will not be repeated and look forward to you giving us another chance and assure you that we will be exceed your expectations.