“Women and Families Don't Go There”

Al Ain Palace Hotel
Ranked #105 of 128 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 20 May 2011

This place is full of prostitute in a country where prostitution is unacceptable behavior. The hotels staff behaviors as security guys and pims for such. I was innocently accused of not staying in a place I paid two nights for, drag out of the elevator by this people and later threaten with police. I could not believe my luckj, and they had the balls to not aplogise when they discovery their mistaken. I will need my lawyer for this one. Bad service too, too many Filiopo prostitutes.

Room Tip: No way
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank TravelLady1995
There are newer reviews for Al Ain Palace Hotel

Reviewed 8 May 2011

My Name is Ahmed I have reservation on May 5, First of all they did`nt find my reservation then i told to my colleague to send my reservation through e-mail by there given addresse on the site but the receptionist says that this addresse belong to our sales, Anyhow than I contact Booking.com to help at 01:00 am they did somehow but again the lady receptionist as well as the duty manager refused to check me in because there CID department is no more working on the seat.
This is not my problem that this department is not working on that time i buying to hotel to relax my time do some bussiness meeting but all of this make me so upset.
I SUGGEST TO ALL TRAVELLER NOT TO VISIT SUCH A IRRESPOSIBLE HOTEL WHO HAS NO VALUE OF THERE GUEST. SUCH A BAD NIGHTMARE. SHAME ON THEM TO BE A PART OF HOSPITALITY.

AHMED.
E-MAIL RASHID.JAVAID1@GMAIL.COM

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank RASHID2011
Reviewed 6 January 2011

I stayed at the hotel for 1 night in November and was disappointed with all aspects of attitude of staff, quality of food and the most annoying issue the harrassment from prostitutes who frequent the hotel after 7 pm who aggressively ply their trade openly and will not take no for an answer.
When checking out I complained that the only bar in the hotel was a brothel and all I got was a shrug of shoulders and a smirk, not suprising as the staff appeared to be on very good terms with the working girls.
Note for any families dont go and single men dont enter the bar after 7 if you do not want company.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank NK8825
Reviewed 19 June 2010

I came to this hotel about a year ago for business, and I was not impressed by the hotel or decor, so when my company booked this hotel for me again I was hesitant to stay. I was assured that they have recently had a refurbishment and has vastly improved.

When I arrived - what a difference! The decor is modern, but still keeping with the hotel's heritage. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly and I was told all about the hotel's facilities while being escorted to my room. The rooms have been completely redone, and the bed was more than comfortable.

Since I'd been given a free drink with a meal at one of their restaurants, I thought I would try the sushi at their Japanese restaurant - Taiki. It really was superb, and all the staff were very friendly.

Breakfast was good, although it would have been better if I'd have been given the option of including it in my room rate. Overall a surprisingly wonderful stay, and I will definitely be returning there on my next trip to Abu Dhabi. I am just disappointed that I didn't stay long enough to try any of their other restaurants - but hopefully next time!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank KingsArms123
Reviewed 4 March 2008

I am appalled at the treatment by this so called 4 star hotel myself and 2 friends were refused entry to this establishment and the reason we were refused we were told we could not enter because we were wearing our national dress the kilt. So now we know how friendly the UAE is i wonder how they would feel if an Arab was refused entry in a Uk hotel for wearing national dress shame on you and i will advise people to stay away from your unfriendly and racist hotel.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
7  Thank worldtravel1958
Reviewed 13 December 2007

The hotel is clean and the staff are normally friendly enough. The place does look a little tired though - air conditioning units are mostly old and noisy; the rooms are not well insulated from the noise outside.

One issue that all should be aware of is that the 'Ally Pally' bar in the hotel is full of prostitutes; and if you go in to the bar you are very unlikely to be left alone.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank jasecl
Reviewed 25 November 2006

Booked into this hotel with some reservations, but due to limited availability I decided to give it a try. I would describe this hotel as a good 3 Star and not a 4 star hotel, although the rooms were basic they were clean. There was a lack of toiletries provided, on my arrival there were 3 small bottles of shampoo in the bathroom and during my 5 night stay these were never replaced even when they were all empty.
The mini bar was only replenished after twice complaining to reception, and the only staff that wanted to help were the bellboys hoping to receive a tip. The breakfast was reasonable although the staff had never heard of Earl Grey Tea.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank sue-fi