Al Ain Palace Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$152
Agoda.com
US$355
US$259
  • Pool
Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$74
US$377
US$329
Southern Sun Abu Dhabi(Abu Dhabi)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$60
All reviewsamazing swimming poolabu dhabi cornichesteam bathhuge rooman overnight stayhealth cluble royal meridienwalking distancethis wonderful hotelcomfortable stayrooms are spaciouspluggymtaxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2012

There are several great hotels in Abu Dhabi. This is NOT one of them!

Reasonable price for the city and location but, as the wise man said, you get what you pay for. In this case the room was provided by a client so not my choice.

The room was smallish and dingy - there was a small window but it was obscured by a concrete slatted screen built on the tiny 'balcony'. The air conditioning system managed to make the room very cold but without removing the moisture from the air and in Abu Dhabi in late summer this means the duvet was very slightly damp.

Be aware - there is a very busy night club on the ground floor which blasts out music until 1am. Fantastic if that's what you want - a nightmare if you have serious business in the morning.

Desk staff were well intentioned but not up to the standards of a good hotel.

This hotel, like many, continues to charge for internet access. The hospitality sector (as hotels now seem to like to refer to themselves) really ought to be the most customer focused of all industries and to be charging for something as essential as internet access in the 21st century shows that many of them really don't quite 'get it' as far as business travellers are concerned. I managed to lose my purchased log in code and it took over 2 hours and an unbelievable fuss to get a new code issued.

Business travel is arduous enough - be nice to yourself and avoid this hotel

Room Tip: if you must stay here ask for the third floor and a room with a view facing the sea with a window
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Harpoflys
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The Hotel was ok was reasonable for the price, but noting special. However the hotel did not inform me that parking which is directly opposite the hotel is not a place you can park. I asked the hotel about parking and they said you had to pay and gave me change. However there was no advice that you had to be careful where you parked, even once a ticket was bought. This lack of advice cost me a fine which is almost double the cost of the room (and also ruined my visit). If you are looking for a hotel that you need to drive too, I would give this one a miss as it could end up costing you 3 times what you expected to pay! The hotel said they would try and resolve it, but once I had left I got an email from the manager saying sort it out yourself. For this reason I have rated poor due to this approach.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Stuart611
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I went to the hotel and the room was infested with insects (ants, spiders) and a lookalike cockroaches because it was really fast cruising on the bedside table and under. I was in the hotel for only 1 hour and the manager offered to chaged a room. When I tried to lift one of my bags there were insects under it. The Hotel Management including the receptionist they treated the event as normal and they were really unprofessional. It is one of the worst hotel I have ever been with the worst aggresive and totally rude management I have ever seen.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel on an official company visit. The hotel vehicle collected me from the airport and the first impression I got from seeing the hotel was really good. I too was a bit biased having read some of the reviews. Anyway everything depends on what one is looking for. Women are not only available in this hotel but in five star hotels as well. It is nothing new for travellers. If one is not gain for that type of entertainment, then there are several things which could be done. The staff at the reception were not only helpful but also knowledgeable in giving instructions as to places in Abu Dhabi. The room was magnificent with its fully loaded mini bar. The only minus point was that the kettle supplied didn't fit the outlet of the wall socket. If not everything was good. The hotel was very conscious of the environment and had notices by the bedside reminding guests about the changing of linen. The porters too were every ready to provide service whether it was carrying bags or calling a cab. Not only would I take the opprtunity of staying at this hotel if I visit Abu Dhabi but also recommend the place to my friends. The hotel is located in a central area near the Corniche and walking distance within the main commercial area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ernie B
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I was worried about staying due to the poor reviews. My company associates recommended it so I took the risk.
Al Ain Palace is a good choice and a convient place to stay in Abu Dhabi's city center. I found everything here worthy of a 4+ star rating and the prices are fair. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable. The staff Is friendly and the service is good. If you are looking for a good place to stay at a reasonable rate, I recommend staying at Al Ain Palace.

• Stayed: February 2012