“Very nice stay!!”

Southern Sun Abu Dhabi
Ranked #5 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
“Very nice stay!!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I spent 4 days here with my girlfriend. Beautiful room, clean and large. Hotel really nice. Everything's perfect. Nothing more to say. if there will be another trip for me in abu dhabi the southern sun will be my only choice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

3 Thank Luca L
PierreDelfau, General Manager at Southern Sun Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Luca L,

Thank you for choosing the new Southern Sun hotel on your recent visit to Abu Dhabi and I am glad to read that you were very pleased with the property and facilities. As you mentioned, our entry level rooms are very spacious which is not common in this market and so are the rest of our leisure facilities such as the pool deck and gym.

I look forward to seeing you back with us when next in Abu Dhabi.

Pierre Delfau

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I don't brag easily as you can see from my other reviews, but the Southern Sun is the perfect hotel: Great location very close to the Corniche, very spacious rooms with luxurious furniture and equipment. Fantastic pool on the roof with stunning views and sunbeds inviting to spend the entire day roasting in the sun.
The breakfast area is 6* with nicely designed areas like seats on water , and the buffet doesn't leave a wish open. Next to test tonight is the bar area which I can see from my room with another water feature and candles glistening on the water.
Absolutely awesome!! Ideal for holiday makers and business travelers alike

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Hegoats
Dear Hegoats,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I am glad that you have enjoyed our facilities and service. As mentioned, out location is extremely convenient for leisure or business and our facilities are certainly a great added value. I am glad you had a real good time at The Foundry restaurant and gave us 6* for the breakfast buffet.

We all look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed here the first time the start of July...there was an issue with our room.. something with water pipes ...after a few moves and some disappointment Ms. Rene the Guest Relations lady came to the rescue. She was sweet and charming and to smooth the situation we received a upgrade to the nicest room the view was amazing and the rooms are quite chic. Overall Mr. Robert and his staff are willing to go the extra mile to please the hotel guests as they are just establishing their brand here in Abu Dhabi. The hotel itself is top notch... lovely cafe seating area next to small water feature, beautiful pool and deck and the gym has everything you need and open 24 hours. We enjoyed it so much we are back here now for Eid.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank 205Tanya
Dear 205Tanya,

Thank you for giving us another opportunity in order to recover from the water interruption you experienced on your last visit. I am glad to read that our Associates like Rene and Robert saved the day, hence your second visit. Our motto is ' to go beyond ' and I am glad we are living it up to it.

Hope you had an enjoyable Eid break.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I truly had a fantastic stay at Southern Sun. This is the second time myself and my colleague have stayed and on both occasions the service was impeccable, making our stay thoroughly enjoyable. Will most certainly be back and will be spreading the word across fellow colleagues.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

3 Thank Daniel P
Dear DanielP,

Thank you for coming back to us based on your first experience and I am delighted that we have once again managed to meet and exceed your expectations.

We all look forward to having as one of our regular guest.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The best experience ever!!
The room was very clean and spacious. The buffet was on point!!
The Arabia restaurant was exceptional food was very tasty
The staff, Julia ,Michelle, Jeremy ,Ivana ,shyne - thanks guys

Now Hersham from Food and Beverage was the best of all . He was on hand for all the planning took us round the hotel and made sure all our plans for our August event was in place before we left the hotel. Thanks ever so much

Look forward to meeting you all soon!!!

Chizzy

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Chizzy2014
PierreDelfau, General Manager at Southern Sun Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Chizzy2014,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay and I am delighted to see that many Associates made a very good impression on you and especially Hesham. I am also very happy that you enjoyed our Food and Beverage outlets and I look forward to meeting soon.

Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Excellent service
Very nice and spacious room, although missed an outlet by the bed to charge my phone. Water was pouring out in the room when taking a shower
Location good
Service good
Missed a restaurant with lower range of prices.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

5 Thank Kent A
Dear Kent A,

Thank you for choosing our property and your most valued feedback as it is only through such comments that we can improve our services.
I am glad to read that overall, you had an enjoyable visit but that we have to work on some areas.

I once again thank you and look forward to seeing you back very soon.

dubai
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I went to this hotel because i knew itis new one, reception is nice friendly apart from that all was disappointed we have to wait for our room service more than a hour, very pricy hotel, location is very difficult to find, staff who cleaning the rooms were arguing in the corridor in the morning. It will take time for the hotel to catch up with high standard.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank MaroMano m
PierreDelfau, General Manager at Southern Sun Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Maromano m,

Thank you for choosing our hotel on your visit to Abu Dhabi and please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience that was caused.
As you can read from previous reviews, this is certainly not what we strive for, irrespective of being a new hotel or not. As we always value our Guests feedback and in order to address any shortcomings we might have, please contact me directly on pierre.delfau@tsogosun.com so that I can ensure what you experienced does not reoccur. On a positive note, I am glad to read that you found our reception staff friendly.
I sincerely hope that this will not stop you from returning and that we will be able to discuss it further.