- a little far out of the city, but this is definitely not a problem. AT ALL. If I remember correctly, they had a car service to take you into town. Besides, the hotel itself more than compensates for the location.
- You enter a gleaming, fragrant atrium, and are greeted with a man offering you dates and tea. This was such a gorgeous little touch that made a world of a difference! It was great coming back to the hotel after a long day out and eating a sweet date! Made the whole experience feel much more "Arabian nights"!
- decor is precisely what you want out of a hotel in the Middle East: quite arabic, and very, very luxurious.
- We stayed in an executive suite, and it was magnificent!
- the most comfortable beds you will ever experience.
- beautifully spacious.
- the bathroom was wonderfully arabic in design, with two gigantic carved wooden doors that you pull apart to enter. Wonderful "Monsoon" shower. Didn't try the bath, but I'm sure that would have been great too! The bathroom was very big!
- lovely dressing-room with a walk-in closet.
- Chinese was my favorite. You HAVE to experience this, I would return just for this!
- Breakfast: more choice than you can ever imagine, nothing to complain about at all. Incl. pancakes and 2 types of chocolate fountain, as well as fresh fruit, etc.
- Dinner buffet: was fantastic! So much choice from all over the world (indian, moroccan, lebanese, mexican, italian, chinese ...), and great desserts!
- Caviar & pearls: beautiful decor, great atmosphere.
- vast beach. Water not as clear blue though, but I suppose this is because we weren't at the ocean but at this sort of lagoon thing ... But the beach was extremely clean, the sand was beautiful! *complaint* no water sports, but *tip* go to the intercon for jet-skiing
- Fantastic pool area: infinity pool, giant hammocks the size of a king-sized bed, shisha for those who want it, cafe, etc. *Complaint* some arabic women were swimming in their abayas which could not have been hygienic! (No offense meant!)
- Shangri-La is the way to go, still trying to find a hotel that can compare! not succeeding! You won't want to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a one-kilometre stretch of private beach overlooking the strait that separates Abu Dhabi Island from the mainland, the hotel is situated ten minutes drive from the city's international airport, five minutes from the golf course and the new Convention Centre and 15 minutes from the Corniche and the city centre. Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi, features 213 luxurious rooms and suites, all furnished to the highest standards in a modern Arabic style. Each room also has a balcony or a terrace providing an ideal setting for viewing striking ocean sunsets and traditional Arabic domes and minarets. Accommodation choices also include six spectacular villas comprising four bedrooms and a private swimming pool. Regarded as an ideal hotel in Abu Dhabi for longer stays, the Shangri-La Residences include 161 spacious serviced apartments ranging from studios to four-bedroom units.The 8.5 Hectare hotel complex provides a wide range of facilities and services for the discerning traveller. These include the signature CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, and a dedicated well-being zone comprising two gymnasiums, a swimming pool and a yoga room. In addition, there are four swimming pools within the grounds. The Souk traditional Arabian market built in a modern setting offers a variety of shops under one roof which are connected by a waterway featuring Arabic gondolas, or abras, which slowly meander through this unique architecture lush garden scenery. Supreme waterfront lifestyle enhanced with Shangri-La hospitality. Designed with luxury and comfort in mind, the Shangri-La Residences has all the features of the hotel at their doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Hotelopia, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi Hotel Abu Dhabi