“Awesome Experience”

Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi
Ranked #13 of 127 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We stayed here for 7 nights in June 2012 - hotel was amazing - friendly staff, great food. Pool service was a little lacking would be my only comment..Everything else was amazing. We found all the staff to be very attentive & very willing to assist. Woildnt recommend this hotel for couples with children though. Loved Abu Dhabi - Ferrari World was amazing as was everything else. Would go back in a heartbeat

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 July 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a week in May with our son and his family. From the moment of check-in this was to be the start of a wonderful experience. Rooms were absolutely georgeous fully equipped with everything you would need, right down to a razor with shaving foam! What made this stay all the more memorable was the staff. Never in all the hotels we have stayed in over the years have we been met with a friendliness and utmost courtesy shown by Management and staff in the Shangri-La. Our 2 and half year old grandson was the centre of attention by the staff, succumbing to his every need, and he particulary enjoyed, as we did, our nightly boat trips to the local souk. We are all looking forward to spending another holiday in this fantastic hotel.

Room Tip: Pool view rooms also give a good view of the Grand Mosque - beautiful.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Yorky_White
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We stayed for 5 nights on a mini moon June 2012. We upgraded our room on arrival as the room we booked wasn't ready til 3pm and it was 7.30am. This was much cheaper at hotel. Our executive double was gorgeous. There was a delicious chocolate cake left in the room. And flowers on the bed. On the wednesday night we were kept awake til the early hours by a party in a marquee on the hotel beach for the football semi final. They moved us to a huge suite away from the noise the next day and were very appologetic. Room service menu was gorgeous. Food was lovely in all the restaurants. Huge range of food for breakfast. The staff were amazing and couldn't do enough for us. Infinity pool by beach is gorgeous and sea breeze was very welcome in the heat. Good restaurants in souk next door too. We had a fabulous time and would go back again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank happyhollydaysDublin
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I stayed here recently on a business trip and have no doubsts that this is the best hotel in Abu Dhabi. The quality of service, attention, listening and understanding is outstanding. There are many great hotels in the U.A.E. But i have never experienced staff which hast such strong skills in communication with the guess and internally. If you say something to housekeping, every other relevat department is briefed instantly, flawless and without double communication nessesary. The rooms and facilities are grand and food is terrific. My sincere congratulations to the management and special regards to Ivy at front office who is outstanding and a true assest to the Shangri La chain. Regards

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank GlobaltravelerLuxury
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We stayed here one night on our way to and from the maldives. We took the house car to and from the airport both stays. Seamless way to do it and not so far from the airport, 15 min. The rooms are first rate and very comfortable for the price. All the staff were extremely professional. I left my jacket there on the first night and on the way back, 10 days later, it was in our room. Thanks and well done.
The breakfast is really a shmorgersborg in epic per portions. I'm not sure I've ever seen anything quite like it. We also have Peking duck in the chinese restaurant and it was good but not anything really memorable.

Room Tip: on a high floor for a better view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank danasbox
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I stay here often as it is convenient to the office. It still riles me tht despite proffering a Golden Circle card and have stayed in the hotel for years I always get asked if I have stayed there before. The rooms are good and I can always criticise certain aspects but at AED625 p.n. this was a bargain of note! Breakfast is included which was a great surprise and really is a decnt spread. Far superior to many hotels in the area. I think it's definitely worth staying there

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank KarlBahrain
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Stayed in Asu Dhabi for the first time on business. I arranged a Hotel pick-up and the experience was perfect from then on.

I was met immediately after Passport control by a Hotel rep who took me straight out to the car and whisked me away to the Shangri La. On arriving at the hotel at 1 a.m. a member of staff walked me to my room and the check-in was done seated in my hotel room. What a great idea.

The room, although the cheapest option available, was large, wonderfully decorated and well equipped. The separate bathroom was marbelled and had bath, separate shower and separate toilet and were all a joy to use.

The room had a great balcony looking out over the water to the amazing Mosque giving great daytime and night-time views.

The breakfasts were great and very diverse and wide choices.

We ate in the on-site Chinese and the food was excellent but there are a number of others.

The hotel has a beach and a number of swimming pools which are all great.

But the over-riding plus about this hotel is the staff!!. They cannot do enough for you and are always ready tot talk and listen. The best I have experienced.

Price-wise you will find cheaper hotels but I considered this one good value. As a UK resident paying £100 plus($140) is quite normal and that's what I paid here.......but what a great place and nothing in that price range could quite compare in the UK or any where else I have been.

Try it....you'll love it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business