Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi
Rainbow(Abu Dhabi)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
2,654 results
All reviewshorizon clubgrand mosquevietnamese restaurantbord eausofra bldchi spapearls caviarinfinity poolpremier roomchocolate fountainjet skinearby soukcool boxsheikh zayed mosquebeautiful hotelthe main hotelbreakfast buffet
FilterAll languages

Poor information system.
I had to pay twice the rooms before re-funding just because inefficient reservation and transfer system.
It is incredible to waste so much time because of errors in the check out bills.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
1  Thank Vincent L
ArbindKS, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Vincent L, thank you for taking the time to post your review at TripAdvisor. We are truly sorry to learn about the challenges encountered upon your check out and regret the fact that this affected the overall quality of your stay. May I request that you email me at arbindk.shrestha@shangri-la.com to let me know more about your experience? I look forward to hear from you. Best regards

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel during our short visit to Abu Dhabi from Dubai.

From the time of arrival, the courteous staff makes you feel welcoming. The check-in staff seems good, but my check-in was a bit time taking as there was a confusion regarding my booking. The hotel did not have any booking under my name, instead they had booked me at the Traders Hotel, a 4 Star hotel managed by the Shangri-la.

After 30 min of wait, and sorting out with my travel agent back in India, they finally checked us in. And as a gesture of delayed check-in, they offered us a bigger room, with a better view.
Special thanks to Mr. KC at the front desk, who finally showed us to the room and explained the various features of the property.

The room was fully equipped and of very high standards with all the amenities that a hotel room could have. The sheer size of the room is huge appx 70 Sq m. I have stayed in hotels with big rooms in Las Vegas and Macau, but i must say the decor and the ambiance of this room was amazing. The Hotel has gone to great heights to make the stay as comfortable as possible.

Also the balcony attached to the room, with such beautiful views of the Grand Sheikh Zayed Mosque was a add-on pleasure to the luxury of the room.

Since being only there for 2 days, I used the pool side bar for barbecue and sheesha, as most of the time we were dining outside the hotel. The Souq, adjoining the hotel complex also has various options for fine dining. I tried a contemporary Indian restaurant, Ushna with excellent food and service.

The hotel has a shuttle service to the various attractions across Abu Dhabi, and it was of really great help to us as we could easily access Ferrari World & Marina Mall.

I have stayed across luxury properties around the World but must say that this was one of the most memorable hotel stays. Again a special thanks to Mr. KC at the front desk for his hospitality and gestures that made our stay memorable. Keep Up the Good Work

Room Tip: Rooms with the Mosque View
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed a week over New Year with my grown up family. Overall we had a great stay with some clear highlights - friendly and helpful staff (special thanks to the concierge - Lyndon), good quality food (especially the Vietnamese restaurant - Hoi An), two lovely beaches, and excellent New Year celebrations. There are some areas where things could be better when comparing to other 5 star experiences - the main pool is far too small for such a large hotel, the service in the pool bar restaurant is very slow, the facilities in the Horizon Club lounge are inadequate for the number of guests using them. Staff there try very hard but there were not enough to cope with the numbers and any breakfast food ordered off the menu took a long time to be prepared.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
ArbindKS, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear Emyr55, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your recent stay via TripAdvisor. Our staff are our most important assets and I wish to thank you for your special mention of their friendliness and helpfulness, most especially to Lyndon. I have noted with regret that some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectation. I hope that you can send me an email at arbindk.shrestha@shangri-la.com as I would like to know more about these. Thank you and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Best regards

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Stayed at the Shangri-La over Christmas and expected a "top knotch" experience and this hotel did not disappoint. I will begin with the lobby and check in experience. The lobby is palacial but not brash, the reception staff and concierge service were excellent. We were escorted to our room by reception staff and informed of all the hotel services and features. The room was to a very high standard with complementary toiletries, fruit bowl, tea, coffee, multi channel TV, Iron, Ironing board dressing gowns and towels.
The hotel has a buffet restaurant and a number of a-la carte dining along with lobby and pool bars. I used the pool bar most days and the beach and poolside service was excellent, there was a barbeque option at this bar for dinner each evening and a daytime poolside menu . I was very pleased to use this facility on numerous occasions.
I also used the Vietnamese and the Chineese restaurant's and I was particularly impressed with the Vietnamese restaurant.
I also used the lobby bar most evenings, the staff were excellent serving a food menu, a an extensive drinks range ,coffees and even fine Cuban cigars in opulent surroundings with excellent service. Adjoining this was a wine bar that I did not use. lt should be noted that prices in these establishments are comparable to London's west end.
Adjoining the hotel is a souk with a variety of retail outlets, coffee shops, restaurants and a well stocked supermarket. I used two restaurants, Al Busteen Lebeneese establishment which I was particularly pleased with and the Meat Co offering contemporary African cuisine. the prices in these establishments were considerably cheaper than the hotel restaurants and they do not have a commercial link to the Hotel. There were also a contemporary Asian and an Indian restaurants that I did not use. It should also be noted that I was able to barter with the individual retail outlets in the souk.
I did not get to use the spa facilities as they were closed and low flying aircraft are a minor distraction. The Hotel is well situated for all Abu Dhabi attractions with a complementary shuttle service to most locations.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 4th floor with a view of the Mosque and the bridges, lift service were excellent
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelmonkey22
Reviewed 3 January 2014

A wonderful experience:the best breakfast and dinner I have ever had in all my lifetime.Nice and professional personal everywhere.I have really nothing to complain about.My only regret is that I could stay just one week!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends